Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part Two --- NOW CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
So excited to have found this thread. I am pretty sure that we just decided today that a RR at POR is what we are going to book for Dec 2012. We stayed at POFQ a few years back and I wasn't overly impressed - but now I realize it was because I missed the Disney Theme. The RR gives me the benefits of a moderate resort with a major Disney Theme!

Andre - do you have your own website and a FB page? Can you post the link to those? Thanks!

Steph (Cleveland, Ohio)
Mom of three sons - ages 6, 4 and 8 weeks old

:santa:

I thought I saw this SOMEWHERE, but I can't find it now. Can anyone tell me if the new Murphy Beds might be able to accommodate a 9 year old girl of average height?

So excited to have found this thread. I am pretty sure that we just decided today that a RR at POR is what we are going to book for Dec 2012. We stayed at POFQ a few years back and I wasn't overly impressed - but now I realize it was because I missed the Disney Theme. The RR gives me the benefits of a moderate resort with a major Disney Theme!

Andre - do you have your own website and a FB page? Can you post the link to those? Thanks!

Steph (Cleveland, Ohio)
Mom of three sons - ages 6, 4 and 8 weeks old

:santa:

We're booked for Dec in RR's aswell - can't wait!

Andre has an awesome site: http://www.portorleans.org its been my resort handbook :goodvibes

I just opened up my DME documents that arrived yesterday and they are correct. That makes me so glad.

My trip is so much closer now. All I have left to do is finish up my ADR's (yes, I'm behind as usual. LOL) and everything will be set. :woohoo:

I also have to look at the map and see where the laundry room is. I figure I'll probably do a load of laundry this trip while I hang out at the pool one afternoon.

Looks like we will be there at the same time! We will be in RGR's and I am SO EXCITED. Our Mickey Mail also came! Oh my...getting closer! See you around Ole Man Island or the beautiful resort we are staying at!:wave:

Well I heard about the free dining and decided to see what it would cost the family to go to WDW. The computer sent us to this hotel. Originally I had planned on the Values but only way we can fit(family of 5) is in a suite.

Not going to make it this year, looking at Sept 2013. Just doing my research and this place looks like a lot of fun especially with kids.

I thought I saw this SOMEWHERE, but I can't find it now. Can anyone tell me if the new Murphy Beds might be able to accommodate a 9 year old girl of average height?

Straight from the original post down where it talks about whats in the rooms

During the refurbishment, the trundle beds are being replaced with slightly smaller pull-down Murphy beds, which are not really suitable for anyone over about five foot tall.

Since I have a 7 year old I would say your 9 year old would be okay on it.

I didn't know I'd been so successful at keeping it a secret - what with my signature, and all the links in the FAQ posts at the start of this thread :) - but you might find www.portorleans.org helps you out with information.

And a few posts ago I mentioned you can also follow updates via social media on www.facebook.com/portorleans.org, or on Twitter at @PortOrleansOrg, or by RSS at http://www.portorleans.org/portorleans-news-rss.xml.

The murphy beds are about 63 inches long (slightly shorter than the old trundle beds) so depending on what your idea of 'average' is, I reckon she should be fine.

Andre

I should be able to post the full Easter Sunday recreation schedules on Friday...

The Easter Sunday Recreation Schedules are now available, see my site's Recreation Schedules page for more details and printable versions.

It’s great see some character greetings at the resorts on Easter Sunday, especially for those who want a quieter start to the day and don’t plan on hitting the parks too early. There are lots of other fun and activities during the day too, many of which seems to involve various sorts of rather enticing confectionary... still, at least there’s some running around involved to get it! :)

Also, the resort gift shop (Fulton’s General Store) is offering pre-made and made-to-order Easter Baskets until Easter Sunday. These can be ordered in advance and held for pickup.

Straight from the original post down where it talks about whats in the rooms

During the refurbishment, the trundle beds are being replaced with slightly smaller pull-down Murphy beds, which are not really suitable for anyone over about five foot tall.

Since I have a 7 year old I would say your 9 year old would be okay on it.

The murphy beds are about 63 inches long (slightly shorter than the old trundle beds) so depending on what your idea of 'average' is, I reckon she should be fine.

Andre

Thanks!!

I have a question to all our POR friends that are either at WDW now or just returned. My son has a milk allergy, he can tolerate milk in food but cannot drink it or eat ice-cream. I was wondering what other ice cream options are there in the ice cream carts in the parks. Our daughter will def choose Mickey shaped ice cream on a stick, but what can I give to the little man? he is not 2 yet and doesn't have a clue that shurbert isn't ice-cream.

I looked at pics on the POR website, but I just want to check with those who have been in the rooms... Are there no dressers in the AB rooms? Just storage under the murphy bed? If so, are those three separate drawers or one large one?

Thanks everyone. You guys have been invaluable the last few days to me. I am a complete newbee at POR and got a pin that I adjusted my resort week to utilize. The price difference is super!Having never stayed POR I was a little hesitant to try it but you guys have me so excited! We arrive in June for a split stay with POR River View and BC CL. The diff between the two resorts with the pin is so huge I am being slightly tempted to call it a week at POR!!!:rotfl:

I looked at pics on the POR website, but I just want to check with those who have been in the rooms... Are there no dressers in the AB rooms? Just storage under the murphy bed? If so, are those three separate drawers or one large one?

Just back from AB and there is not much storage at all. The three drawers under the pull down bed are deep and nice sized but not for a family of 5. There are two shelves next to the fridge. A simple solution would be to bring hangers. Wish I would have thought of that BEFORE I went!!:goodvibes

I will come back and post a review and photos soon!

You're welcome. I guess that means no-one does request rooms closer to the outer bus stops then - or at least no one who has been online in the last 16 hours. I think you're looking at a swimming pool if you mean the blue between 24 and 25, but Google Earth is a great way to see these sort of things in detail.

Andre

Last June when we were at POR we were afrade of the storage even with that in the TV cabinet. The wife purchased a hanging storage unit with 5 shelves and folded up like an accordian(sp). The area was the footprint of a towel in 4ths and each self about 5 towels high. It stored in her carry-on about 1".
Each person got one shelf and it worked great. We now have it at home for towels but it will go with us on all trips.

The resort will give you extra hangers if you need them.
We also all got hanging toiletry containers to store on the hanger rack too.

Just back from AB and there is not much storage at all. The three drawers under the pull down bed are deep and nice sized but not for a family of 5. There are two shelves next to the fridge. A simple solution would be to bring hangers. Wish I would have thought of that BEFORE I went!!:goodvibes

I will come back and post a review and photos soon!

I noticed the RR have 3 draws also. We will be bringing hangers for sure.

I thought I saw this SOMEWHERE, but I can't find it now. Can anyone tell me if the new Murphy Beds might be able to accommodate a 9 year old girl of average height?[/QUOT

We just returned yesterday from POR and my daughter who is 8 slept fine on the new murphy bed. It is much larger than I thought it would be. She is 85lbs and over 4ft tall. She fit nicely with room to spare. Enjoy your stay!!!

It's official!!! We knew we were going back to POR, but I finally stopped procrastinating and put our deposit down! We're going over Halloween week, after a 7 night Caribbean on the Fantasy! It will be our first MNNSHP and Food and Wine Festival!! So excited!! :yay:
I requested one of the mansion buildings, with close proximity to the quiet pool and walkway to Ole Man Island. Keeping our fingers crossed. :wizard:

OK, here's a question. :)

We booked FD at POR in September. We booked a regular room. Not preferred, not royal, not water or garden or anything else.

My mom and my aunt decided a week later that they would like to join us on the trip. By the time they booked, FD was only available with royal rooms.

Last time we had connecting rooms and it was really nice to have that much space. Obviously that is not an option this time... what is my best bet on requesting rooms to make us conventiently close, even though we will be in different buildings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts