Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part Two --- NOW CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally we requested building 16 or 17 with our reservation. Now I'm thinking I should switch it to building 24 or 25 to be closer to the West bus stop. We'll have a double stroller and I think I'd like to be able to get it on an uncrowded bus easier. We're not that concerned about being close to the main building anymore either since we'll only be there for 3 nights before switching to a family suite at AoA. Should I call to change my request or just wait until on line check in to do it?

I would love to know the answer and would love a report when you get back. We have also requested 16/17 but really like the idea of 24/25. Main bldg is also not a priority for us and not the idea of crossing a parking lot (at lease it looks like that on the map) to get to south bus stop. DH is having total knee replacement this upcoming week so want to be very close to a bus stop. He will be released from Dr. by then and will use Disney to prepare to go back to work, he walks all day at work.

Please update when you return on your thoughts on the 2 locations.

I would love to know the answer and would love a report when you get back. We have also requested 16/17 but really like the idea of 24/25. Main bldg is also not a priority for us and not the idea of crossing a parking lot (at lease it looks like that on the map) to get to south bus stop.

You don't have to cross the parking lot to get to the south bus stop. When you go out the front of the main building, just make a right and walk on the sidewalk.

You don't have to cross the parking lot to get to the south bus stop. When you go out the front of the main building, just make a right and walk on the sidewalk.

OK, I meant road, sorry. So if your coming from bldg 16 the path on the map seems to cross a road. Is this open or landscaped so much you won't even notice the road? Never stayed at POR so just can't picture it. Stayed at POP and have crossed a parking lot from 90's section and CBR where we crossed the parking lot. We love AKL where you walk next to road to bus stop but the vegetation is so themed that you don't even notice.

FYI, I hate surprises!! I have to know every secret and with 84 days till check in I am just about to bust, hahahaha

OK, I meant road, sorry. So if your coming from bldg 16 the path on the map seems to cross a road. Is this open or landscaped so much you won't even notice the road? Never stayed at POR so just can't picture it. Stayed at POP and have crossed a parking lot from 90's section and CBR where we crossed the parking lot. We love AKL where you walk next to road to bus stop but the vegetation is so themed that you don't even notice.

FYI, I hate surprises!! I have to know every secret and with 84 days till check in I am just about to bust, hahahaha

Looking at the map, I do see the road you're talking about, but I there's no reason to go that way. Just walk toward the main building and walk through it to get to the front entrance, then make a right and walk along the sidewalk to the bus stop.

I would love to know the answer and would love a report when you get back. We have also requested 16/17 but really like the idea of 24/25. Main bldg is also not a priority for us and not the idea of crossing a parking lot (at lease it looks like that on the map) to get to south bus stop. DH is having total knee replacement this upcoming week so want to be very close to a bus stop. He will be released from Dr. by then and will use Disney to prepare to go back to work, he walks all day at work.

Please update when you return on your thoughts on the 2 locations.

Looks like we'll be back just before you guys leave so I'll let you know where we end up and how it worked out with busses for sure. :) pixiedust:

I know that road you speak of. Yes it does go strait over to the bus depot at the front of the main building. Now I took a path that technically it is an employee cut through but I walked down it before and no one said anything to me. You come up to a gate right beside the gift shop entrance swing it open and turn right there is the depot (This Path is in Green) I was in Building 14 though. The other method is mentioned above go toward the path that runs beside the water down to the food court cut through there to the main area then out through either the gift shop or through main doors and got along the path to the right towards the bus depot.(This Path is in Red)

But your idea can work IE the (Blue path). But only if you don't want to go to the main building at all.

ScreenShot2012-09-27at14204PM.png

Hi Everyone! I've been reading this thread for a few days now because I switched our Holiday trip from POP to POR. Thanks for all of the info and the pictures! We've been staying at CSR, but we felt we needed a change this trip.

I have a question about the TV above the murphy bed in the AB rooms. And before I ask this, please note, I'm from San Francisco :hippie: How is the TV bolted to the wall? My son wants to sleep in the murphy bed. Coming from earthquake country, we never put anything above our beds, so seeing a TV (of all things) over a sleeping area makes me nervous.

Thanks!

Venomhatch said:
I know that road you speak of. Yes it does go strait over to the bus depot at the front of the main building. Now I took a path that technically it is an employee cut through but I walked down it before and no one said anything to me. You come up to a gate right beside the gift shop entrance swing it open and turn right there is the depot (This Path is in Green) I was in Building 14 though. The other method is mentioned above go toward the path that runs beside the water down to the food court cut through there to the main area then out through either the gift shop or through main doors and got along the path to the right towards the bus depot.(This Path is in Red)

But your idea can work IE the (Blue path). But only if you don't want to go to the main building at all.

WOW, you are AWSOME!!!!

Yes, we won't go to main and hope to be coming from bldg. 16 We should not be using the main bldg. much esp. if we are going to bus stop or getting off the bus, we would go to room first to get mug. We do our main dining at the parks. We would be using the blue line, love this another map to study!! Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

WOW, you are AWSOME!!!!

Yes, we won't go to main and hope to be coming from bldg. 16 We should not be using the main bldg. much esp. if we are going to bus stop or getting off the bus, we would go to room first to get mug. We do our main dining at the parks. We would be using the blue line, love this another map to study!! Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Yeah no problem. I am somewhat on top of thing when we do family vacations so I learn about shortcuts, and tricks ahead. But I figured a map was the easiest way to show the routes from 16's area.

Yes, we won't go to main and hope to be coming from bldg. 16 We should not be using the main bldg. much esp. if we are going to bus stop or getting off the bus, we would go to room first to get mug. We do our main dining at the parks. We would be using the blue line, love this another map to study!!

Yes, the blue line is the best route from 16/17 to the South bus stop - it's really not much of a walk, and you can stay on the pathways the whole time. The 'road' you cross is a service access road only, and so has very little traffic (never seen any at all to be honest) and there is an official crossing point anyway.

The yellow route is a bit cheeky as it does take you through a backstage area and right past the van unloading areas, so it really shouldn't be recommended on safety grounds I suspect.

Andre

Sorry, this FAQ thread is now at its 250 page limit (again!) and needs to be closed.

Please see the new updated version located HERE.

See you over there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter