• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Port Orleans Riverside FAQ thread --- 2012, Part Two --- NOW CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had then moderators delete my first post, didn't realize that you weren't done with the headers yet and DIS was moving soooooooo slow.

No worries, it wasn't your fault, and thanks for doing that. It took over 15 minutes just to create four empty placeholder posts at the start of this thread, never mind editing anything into them - I was getting seriously ratty by the end! I can't wait for the new 'miracle servers' that the DIS should be moving to in the next month or so.

Andre

Yeah, the old place was nice enough, but after three months it was getting a little old and passé...

Three months! How did we all manage to fill 250 pages in just three months?!

Andre

It was the whole RR opening fiasco and ensuing panic.

Thanks to Andre for your work here and the website. It has been very helpful to me. I am only spending one night a WDW before my cruise on the Fantasy but I wanted to make it count (a real resort experience.) POR looks like it's just what I was looking for to spend a relaxed afternoon/evening before the cruise. We have 2 Garden View rooms booked (family of 6, would have gone with standard but the Summer Discount wasn't available.) Keep up the good work! :)

We're in River View Royal Guest Rooms May 3-6. I cut it down to 3 nights and we're moving to the YC after. We're excited to check them out!! I have to admit the thought of them overbooking (anticipating both mansions being done) scared us a bit.

We are booked to be there next week and I am fearful of overbooking!

Our new home looks great Andre I love this new fresh thread smell!

I am wondering why you have a picture titled "Existing Magnolia Bend mansion building room" I thought that the mansions are all done except for Parterre Pl. and that one is now closed for refurbs. Also do you plan to add a photo on page one of a refurbished AB room?

Once again thanks for all you do!

I'm very curious to find out how the new RR's are; we are booked for May 10-14 and i'm so excited to hear how they actually are. Keep us posted with photo's if any of you get in soon!!!

Also, is there only one place to refill your refillable mug, and if so where is that?

There are lots of places you can refill your mug. You can fill it via the tap in your room, at the ice machine, the main pool or at any of the quite pools, you can even dip it into the Sassagoula river:scared:! But, if it's a cool refreshing Coca-Cola product you crave you will have to head on down to the main building.

Hi there. New Here. What a wonderful website you have Andre. So comprehensive. I was looking at the refurbishment date list. I realize that the dates are subject to change. However, we are scheduled to arrive June 23, staying through July 1st. Do we stand a good chance of getting a refurbished room? All that was available with my PIN code was garden view. Do they take down whole buildings at a time? Thanks!

Thank you for such an informative thread :goodvibes I read quite a bit of the part I thread from 2012 and the royal rooms look soooo lovely I found myself day dreaming about them and debating back & forth...what to do...what to do..because we had 3 nights at the end of our first split stay booked at the Dolphin at a discounted rate, which, when adding the resort fee & extra cost to shuttle back to the airport the rate we got was less than a standard at POR.

But those Royal Rooms were so pretty, I thought if a discount becomes available where I can book those rooms cheaper than our Dolphin stay, with QUEEN beds, using ME back to the airport and luggage services transferring our stuff from one WDW resort to another, it'd be worth it to go MOD instead of deluxe.

Happily the summer discount released works for our dates so I canceled Dophin after booking a Royal Room for the last 3 nights of our trip :cool1: I think the only thing I'll miss about the Dolphin will be the location :sad1: I'm really looking forward to staying at PORiverside.

We're going to be ready to slow down after 7 days anyway so this looks like just the place to stay immersed in the disney magic. I'm just sad to read YeeHaw Bob is off Sun-Tue when we'll be there :sad:

Still super excited for our FIRST stay at PORiverside! pixiedust:

There are lots of places you can refill your mug. You can fill it via the tap in your room, at the ice machine, the main pool or at any of the quite pools, you can even dip it into the Sassagoula river:scared:! But, if it's a cool refreshing Coca-Cola product you crave you will have to head on down to the main building.

:rotfl2:I have had a terrible, crappy day...BUT THIS MADE ME LAUGH!!! Thank you! My DH was shocked that I cracked a smile, let alone start cracking up out loud!

WOW, I can't believe this thread made 3 pages before I even realized it had been started. It may only take 2 months to get to 250 pages this time. THANKS ANDRE!

Yay a new thread!!! popcorn::

Thanks for all the upkeep and work you do with this thread and the website Andre!! :laundy:

Hooray, a new home ... I can still smell the fresh paint :p

Thanks Andre :goodvibes

Sooooo, lets do a quick roll call of all those about to go/book POR so i can get excited for you :banana:

Thanks for the new thread, Andre!

I have a question for anyone who has done this at POR...I'd like to know the preferred way they like to do this....---- can you add gift cards to your KTTW upon check-in? Or do I just need to charge to my room and pay the balance every few days with our GCs?

We start our road trip a week from Friday, and arrive at POR on the 15th. :)

My 79 year old father called me today just to ask how many days we have left. I think he may be even more excited than I am that we're all going...if that's possible. :rotfl:

We start our road trip a week from Friday, and arrive at POR on the 15th. :)

My 79 year old father called me today just to ask how many days we have left. I think he may be even more excited than I am that we're all going...if that's possible. :rotfl:

Aww that is so awesome :goodvibes Thats what I love about Disney, it brings generations together.

Not long for you now :woohoo:

Thanks Sue M for the great advice. I appreciate your response. Thanks also to Andre for continuing this great thread.:flower3::flower3::flower3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter