Poly DVC in the near future?

WebmasterMike

When Yuba plays the Rumba on his Tuba...
There has been lots of pics floating around of survey balloons over at the Polynesian. Tikiman has done an extrapolation based on balloon placement and it appears to be for an addition that would add a DVC Wing.

http://www.tikimanpages.com/tiki/news/211-it-begins

IMG_8624_1.jpg

IMG_6241_1.jpg

dvc_poly.jpg

Makes sense to me, I think Disney would build a DVC wing in MK if it could. I think DVC at the Poly is great though...I'd stay there over GF any day, but can the market really sustain all these additions?

I think they will fill the DVC rooms before the regular rooms. I think they are banking on the popularity of the monorail loop.

What about parking? The Poly has the least amount of parking and there doesn't look like there's much there for DVC parking.

I've been following this and fortunately (or unfortunately) I'd be at the top of the list to purchase it if a DVC at the Poly was announced.

I would LOVE to stay at the Poly DVC.
Might even add points there if it comes to pass... :cool2:

Aaron, that just means that I will get to add the Poly as another place where I will run into at. :thumbsup2

36410_1317641217240_1117025522_30749472_4610005_n.jpg

65428_1503513423929_1117025522_31121786_164349_n.jpg

36410_1318477318142_1117025522_30751876_1212015_n.jpg

We are so in if they build that one. It has more appeal for my family than the Grand Floridian one does - just more our style.

We already have AKV and BLT and really like the convenience that the monorail has to getting around to restaurants and such.

Aaron, that just means that I will get to add the Poly as another place where I will run into at. :thumbsup2

36410_1317641217240_1117025522_30749472_4610005_n.jpg

65428_1503513423929_1117025522_31121786_164349_n.jpg

36410_1318477318142_1117025522_30751876_1212015_n.jpg

:rotfl: Now that you mention it Mike.....I was trying to keep it a secret, but apparently you've discovered that I'm stalking you! :laughing:

I would love it if they did! We just purchased DVC so the more resorts on the monorail, the merrier for me!

Sounds interesting! We are staying at the Poly Concierge in June (on points --we had to burn them) It will be fun to try it on for size...

:rotfl: Now that you mention it Mike.....I was trying to keep it a secret, but apparently you've discovered that I'm stalking you! :laughing:

No, I think you're both stalking ME! I noticed that I was in that cruise photo. :rotfl2:

I've said before, but it's worth explaining again... I'm not a fan of DVC add-ons at deluxe resorts.

Don't get me wrong... I'm a fan of the resorts themselves, and I'm a fan of DVC (though not yet a member), just not a fan of the add-ons. I feel they somewhat degrade the existing resorts, in a few subtle and some not-so-subtle ways.

My biggest problem is that total number of guests at the resort (classic + DVC included) increases noticably, but the amenities often don't. AKV is an exception here (and my favorite of the DVC properties), but BCV, BWV, WL, and BLT are all guilty of this to some extent. All four introduce no new restaurants (yes, BLT has TotW lounge, but that's not really a restaurant), and all except BLT don't have a substantial sized pool. Of course, BLT also makes up for that by adding susbstantial traffic to the monorail over in the main concourse.

Beyond that, even to the extent there are new things added, amenities like pools (and in the case of BLT, the entire building and walkway) are only shared in one direction. DVC guests can use all the amenities of the main resort, but resort guests aren't allowed to use much of what is offered at the DVC portion. In a way it's like the DVC add-on takes over a good portion of the resort, and erodes something from the experience for everyone else.

I offered AKV as an exception because it does add a new restaurant and a substantial new pool, and largely the new guests are separate from those at the existing resort (modulo the jambo rooms that were converted, but that didn't really change resort capacity). But even there, in theory DVC guests at Kidani are allowed to use the pool at Jambo, but the reverse isn't true for non-dvc resort guests at Jambo, in my understanding.

I'm interested to see what happens with DVC at GF and Poly, though the prices at BLT are already way more than what I'd be willing to pay... I just don't think they're worth the high price point, anyhow.

As a DVC member, I would love a DVC wing in the Poly! Poly is the one resort I've always wanted to stay at but too expensive for me. GF DVC has no appeal to me. I love hanging around the GF lobby, but from the pix i've seen the theme of the rooms look too stuffy to me. The only thing i'm concerned about is the points per night. It seems that with BLT, DVC has started requiring a large amount of points per night even in the off-season. I'm a member at AKV with 100 points a year and at AKV my points go a long way. I'm just glad I bought at my favorite WDW resort! :thumbsup2

What about parking? The Poly has the least amount of parking and there doesn't look like there's much there for DVC parking.

I think if they enforced the parking policy it wouldn't be so much of a problem. So many people just find ways to park there as a way to avoid paying to park, or, park there because they feel it is more convenient than the MK lot -- that accounts for a great deal of the overall congestion in the Poly lot. It only seems that they care about it during peak periods, but if it were truly enforced I think there would be more than enough parking for everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter