• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Poly DVC in the near future?

I've said before, but it's worth explaining again... I'm not a fan of DVC add-ons at deluxe resorts.

Don't get me wrong... I'm a fan of the resorts themselves, and I'm a fan of DVC (though not yet a member), just not a fan of the add-ons. I feel they somewhat degrade the existing resorts, in a few subtle and some not-so-subtle ways.

My biggest problem is that total number of guests at the resort (classic + DVC included) increases noticeably, but the amenities often don't. .

I tend to agree with most of what you've said, tim...

The Beach and Yacht Clubs are fine examples of what you are talking about.

It seems like a LOT of money to invest rooms that seem like an "afterthought". (Basically because they *were* :) )

But, as in ALL real estate deals, it's location, location, LOCATION.

If The Poly DVC rumors come true, we will be among the first in line to invest.

There's NO more magical location in which to stay if you are a true MK fan...

I hope the rumors come true.

Makes sense to me, I think Disney would build a DVC wing in MK if it could. I think DVC at the Poly is great though...I'd stay there over GF any day, but can the market really sustain all these additions?

Incredible idea! Disney Villas at Tom Sawyer's Island or Disney Haunted Mansion Villas?

I've said before, but it's worth explaining again... I'm not a fan of DVC add-ons at deluxe resorts.

Don't get me wrong... I'm a fan of the resorts themselves, and I'm a fan of DVC (though not yet a member), just not a fan of the add-ons. I feel they somewhat degrade the existing resorts, in a few subtle and some not-so-subtle ways.

While I completely agree with the downsides from a guest's perspective, building an add-on to any existing resort will always be more appealing from a business perspective.

While they clearly have enough room on the monorail line for a fourth resort (DVC Exclusive perhaps) the logistics involved may be more than anyone at the company can actually make happen.

The amenities and, I think more importantly, the infrastructure is there. Adding on to an existing resort clearly costs substantially less.

And who wants another monorail stop on the resort line? Yuck. :crazy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter