Please i'm getting so overwhelmed i need help

redfraggle

Earning My Ears
My soon to be dh and i are spending our honeymoon at WDW.. we're staying at Port Orleans French Quarter and will be there from Sunday evening July 11 (appx. 6pm) through the next monday

I'm going CRAZY reading guide books and trying to plan out the whole trip. . .esp. the food

The only places we KNOW for sure we want to eat at are

Bomba AKL
O'hana - Poly

we're planning on eating our way through the WS at epcot . . .

other than that i'm going totally crazy trying to plan this trip. . i.e. when will be go to AKL. . . to coincide with PS we make for bomba or not. .

UGH. . .if this makes any sense at all please help. . lol i thought i was supposed to relax on my honeymoon :)

Hi there! Yes, WDW is an overwhelming place with all the choices to make -- hard to decide from among so many GOOD choices!

To help outline all and then pare down your options, and present them in an orderly and more manageable way, I'd recommend an online planner like Tour Guide Mike, at www.tourguidemike.com. I've heard others talk about the Passporter-- I've never tried it. The advantage of an online planner is it is highly interactive, and changes with the changes at the parks. You can't beat that--books can be helpful but they're not adaptable in this way!

TGM's advice is highly, sometimes painstakingly detailed and there's a lot of information—that's what makes it a good value—but you get the lowdown on each choice, which you can highlight and move to an on-line folder so you're not repeating yourself over and over. He has prompts to remind you to make your PS's and gives all kinds of tips. I could see someone thinking this is overwhelming, but that is Disney! TGM's advice is presented in an understandable and emphathetic manner at least!

BTW, discriminating Mary at mousesavers always recommends TGM-- that's where I found out about it. I used this planner for our trip in January and I already resubscribed for a more complex trip in October! It worked great for us.
Anyway, my two cents -- and best of luck! :wave:

redfraggle

Welcome to the Dis!

You could also go to www.allearsnet.com also. You can check menus there. It may only add to your confusion though. SO many good restaurant to eat at!

I would suggest taking a look at Citricos and Narcoosees in the Grand Floridian. I have eaten at both. They are expensive but the food is good and they are both romantic! If you plan it right you can dine while watching the MK fireworks.

Wishing everyone a "magical" day!:wave:

I would recommend <i>not</i> trying to do too much - just be sure to make the most of what you do. It's really tempting on a first trip (and you <i>will</i> be back :p ) to try to pack everything in and forget that you're supposed to be on vacaction (been there, done that, got the t-shirt). Try to relax, take everything in and relish every minute (<b>especially</b> on honeymoon!).

IMHO, the resort restaurants are way superior to those at the parks, so you can afford to be selective about those at Epcot.

What types of food/dining experience do you enjoy? That will help us to give you some more specific recommendations.

Take a deep breath all will be ok.LOL:teeth: Look at the dining data base here on the Dis and check out the menu's.When you see one you really like,then you can get a PS for it the day you will be in that park.Just try to be flexible so you don't get to frustrated if you can't get exact seating time you want.Have a magical vacation.::yes:: :wave2:

Take a deep breath this is your honeymoon and you are going to have a wonderful time.

Probably the best advice I can give you is be flexible. Dont try to do a marathon schedule. Take sometime to relax, Do midday breaks at your resort, pick up lunch or take a swim, even the relaxing boat ride to DTD. POFQ is a beautiful resort often we just meander down the river to POR and walk their grounds as well.

As for PSs. You have a good start I would probably suggest only make a few more and only for the most popular restaurants that you want to go to. You might want to check out the menu page as suggested and look at Le Cellier, San Angel Inn or Chefs de France as they are the most popular at Epcot. Some have entertainment like Marrekesh & Biergarten.

Some of the other popular restaurtants are Cal Grill, Narcoossees, Sci Fi, 50s PT, Cindys, Boma or any character meal. For any of those I would do a PS and leave the rest for when you get there.

Kind of make a temporary plan as to which parks you want to do on which days. Some use the EE as a guide. Just do a rough schedule remember you can always change it. Then call dining and make your PS. IF you get there and decide to do something else it is easy to change or cancel them.

Hang in there, you will do just fine.

Hi!

What I have done that is successful for our family is to decide if you will be doing early entry into the parks and if so which parks. Then I plan either breakfast or lunch based on either which park I will be in or whether I would rather be at the resort.

I agree which the previous poster that dinners are far better in the resorts so we tend to do dinner more often at one of them. I do however, like several of the Epcot resort restaurants( I have eaten at them all) and several do have wonderful dinner selections although I like to dine there for lunch more often. The Rose and the Crown is a nice choice as you can watch the fireworks from there. I also love Chef de France but that is a matter of personal choice.

The resorts that we enjoy the most for dinner are Boma's, Cape May for a more relaxed meal. I also have enjoyed California Grill ( with views of the fireworks in the Magic Kingdom) Flying Fish, Artist Point, Narcoosee's, Spoodles and the list goes on and on.

Relax and enjoy and yes you will be back........Its an addiction:):bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

OOPS... Forgot to answer your question about Boma's . I would not tie going to Boma's with going to the Animal Kingdom. I think you will enjoy it more if you see it fresh and not after a day of looking at the animals there. I would go early enough to see this beautiful resort and the animals outside. :sunny: :bounce: :bounce:

First of all, congratulations on your upcoming wedding! And what better place to honeymoon than WDW!

I agree with the above posters. I've done it both ways...the marathon, book a PS for every single meal way, to the book no PS way, and now I like to just book PS for the absolute-musts (which it looks like you've already determined for yourself), then just book PS's the same day, or even try walking in on off-peak dining hours.

Keep in mind however that you are going during a busy period of the year, so if it's important to you to have a sit-down meal, you might want to at least schedule a PS when you get there, or the morning of the day of the meal.

What I like to do in terms of planning is look through menus, and write down the ones that sound interesting to me, even though I know I probably will not eat at every single one of them. Then I prioritize the ones I MUST go to and book those.

If you're looking for suggestions on where to eat, I haven't kept up to date with all the restaurants for a while, but I really liked Boatwrights in the other area of PO (sorry, I'm still stuck on calling it Dixie Landings!). I also had a great cobb salad for lunch at GF Cafe, and I like Akershus in Norway. Akershus for lunch is a great deal because it's a very reasonably priced, and tasty, buffet. I love the atmosphere at San Angel Inn in Mexico.

Happy planning, I know it can be overwhelming, but it'll work out! Just book Boma and Ohana since those are most important to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter