Pixie Dust, or Pixie MOUNTAIN? A Grand (Roy) Disney TR *NEW TR LINK 8/11!*

Omg Jenny's face in those pictures, priceless!!

Brunch looks amazing, I'm still trying to get a reservation for our September trip. All the alerts in the world and nothings popped up still!

Can't believe your trip is so soon! Have a great time!

I'm betting you took refuge at Baseline Tap House......or HBD??
Well.....unfortunately you'll have to wait until I get back from Disney because no way I have time for an update tonight. But.....see you soon I hope!
Although I have a hard time with zoos now. The giraffe picture you posted makes me sad.
I understand, and I agree on the giraffes. Not sure why they had them inside when they have an outdoor area although it's not nearly as big as at AK. Didn't like seeing them crammed in such a small space and unfortunately that wasn't the only animal I felt was crammed.
Must have been all the Mimosas but i had no idea you loved this so much. Jason got the same thing on our last visit and while he liked it it definitely wasn't cooked as well as this one.
Ah it was most definitely the Mimosas ::yes:: But I totally LOVED this, the steak was cooked absolutely perfect and the seasoning was delish. And like I said even the eggs were better than typical Disney eggs!
Wow, wouldn't want to be on the other side of that tree. A guy I work with just got back from Africa where they went on safari for several days. You cannot believe the photos including on of a leopard in a tree totally going to town on whatever he'd found himself for lunch.
:laughing: there were monkeys right on the other side and he didn't take his eyes off them!

I'm holding on for dear life!
You are and I didn't notice until I looked at the picture to post it lol!
How funny, and how perfect for Steve!
Right? I've never seen them in any store by us and the one Jenny found them in isn't by us so he's super happy she sent them to us :love:
Also, can you even go anywhere without comparing it to Disney?? Last weekend, Allie and I stayed up in Boston for a dance comp and we got to the hotel around 11am so I went to the desk to check-in and the clerk says, "your room isn't ready." And I said, "that's okay," and just kind of stood there and she just kind of stared at me blankly. So I said, "what do I do now?" and she said, "come back later to see if we have a room ready." So I said, "Oh. I don't just check-in and then get a text when my room is ready?" I think she thought I was nuts! :rotfl2:
:rotfl:But it's so true! I love the Bronx Zoo but yup, was comparing everything to AK/WDW from food quality and price to how the animals were showcased and laid out to the way their exhibits looked; how authentic and detailed, how big, etc. They have a monorail through "Asia" and, well, if you've never been to AK then it's cool I guess but otherwise :confused3 Also I was telling my nephew details and trivia about animals that I know from the safari lol!

I loved the brunch, so glad I was able to experience it and with such great people!
It was better than I thought it would be! I want to do it again sometime for sure.....
It looks like Kari has a secret about that red chocolate :rotfl2:

:rolleyes1
Hi Ariane, it's been awhile since I have had a chance to get back to trip reports but I'm all caught up and have enjoyed all the updates.
Hi there, welcome back! I have been terrible about keeping up on others' reports let alone updating this and my dining report; was hoping to have them both done before we left for our 4th of July trip but since that's tomorrow it's not happening! Glad you're still enjoying this :) I do love the sea lions and we watch them forever! that's a shame they shut it down at your zoo; they took away our Polar Bear for the time being and he was one of my favorites 😥

Now, if I could get them to bring out 3 of these for Gwen by herself, maybe she would eat her money's worth. Think they would do that? no?
Ha ha you know they might! Especially if she gave them a cute little pout! I actually think Chris would eat his $$ worth but not Ricky so don't know that we'll do this when we're all together but I definitely want to do it again.

I got these in my Christmas Stocking this year! Very tasty. So are the Champagne ones...
Oooh I'd probably like the champagne ones! Where do you get them?

That sounds like a really fun summer job for a kid though!
He's enjoying it!
The holiday is already here, it's CANADA DAY!!!
Happy Belated Canada Day!! 🇨🇦
You live close enough to go there for a day trip? How cool!! Love the pics!!
Yes! It's only about an hour! We used to get AP's when the boys were little as they include other zoos and the NY Aquarium :fish:

Omg Jenny's face in those pictures, priceless!!
OMG I know, you have no idea how many times it's been used in our EPIC FB group :rotfl2:
Brunch looks amazing, I'm still trying to get a reservation for our September trip. All the alerts in the world and nothings popped up still!
It was FANTASTIC. Ugh I was thinking of doing it in Sept since it's just Steve and I but guess not! I'm bad, I've made no reservations or plans yet at all lol. I know we want a couple of the F&W events so I need to get moving!
Can't believe your trip is so soon! Have a great time!
:thanks: Leaving in less than 24 hours!

As much as I wanted to finish this by now - I obviously didn't so the Pixie Dust/EPIC TR goes on! We leave tomorrow for Disney, first time there over the 4th for us! I'll be back to eventually finish this so I can start a new TR for this trip. Have a great holiday everyone! 🎆🎇🏰🌳🏩🌐

I was so confused when I clicked on the link and saw your new avatar! :confused3:rotfl: It seems like I'm not the only one!

except the skies TOTALLY opened up about 15 or so minutes before we were supposed to board and the cruises were cancelled.

:sad: While I'm not a huge Illuminations fan, I was so disappointed that we didn't get to go on the cruise.

Terry-tory Lounge, otherwise known as getting TFO

This is so funny!

Yes Jenny and I did purposely dress them alike today lol.

:rotfl:Did they know ahead of time you were doing this? I could see my husband freaking out a little if I did this.

We were taking the boat over to the Contemporary for brunch at Cali Grill

I really wanted to go to this but with as picky as I am, it just wasn't worth the cost. There was very little on the menu that I would have eaten.

driving to the Bronx Zoo

Me, my mom, my brother and Sister in Law are planning a trip to visit the Bronx Zoo next summer. We all watch and love The Zoo on Animal Planet and want to see it in person.

We leave tomorrow for Disney, first time there over the 4th for us!

Have a magical trip!

Oooh I'd probably like the champagne ones! Where do you get them?
Oddly enough, I find them at Target, with the gum and stuff. My target doesn't have them all the time and the flavor will alternate between the two.

I hope you guys are having a great time in Disney right now!!!!

The California Grill brunch looks amazing! I don't know that I'll get to experience it anytime soon (I'm not sure the other brunch goers would appreciate a two-year-old?!), but hopefully someday!

I don't know if you ever find yourself in the Midwest, but the Omaha Henry Doorly Zoo is INCREDIBLE. They have an Africa trail and Asia trail that reminded me SO MUCH of the animal trails at AK. I'm going to try an include a mini real life update with some pictures of the zoo in my current TR (sadly, the 2015 report, so don't feel too far behind! :laughing: ) as I feel like other DISers would love to see the zoo with it's resemblance to Disney.

I hope you're having a great time on your trip!

Safe travels, hope you have a great time!!!
Have a great time! Safe travels!!
Have a great trip, my friend! Make sure you, Steve, Melinda and R have a drink for me (or maybe several)... :love:
Have a wonderful trip celebrating the 4th in WDW!!

Thank you all! We had a nice trip with a few "new to us" things-so awesome there are still "new" things to do after so many visits!
I was so confused when I clicked on the link and saw your new avatar! :confused3:rotfl: It seems like I'm not the only one!
:laughing: well I changed it again lol but this time it's a little more "me" in the form of my absolute favorite ever Disney snack!
Did they know ahead of time you were doing this? I could see my husband freaking out a little if I did this.
We did! Joe wore the shirt last year when we met up on our spring break vacations and Steve liked it so I ended up getting it for him for Father's Day. Then when we had this trip planned it was like a no-brainer to have them match 😂 Both were on board although I know Joe was a little hesitant at first but he quickly came around lol
Me, my mom, my brother and Sister in Law are planning a trip to visit the Bronx Zoo next summer. We all watch and love The Zoo on Animal Planet and want to see it in person.
Awesome! You'll have to let me know when you're coming and maybe we'll meet you! We won't cramp your style lol but it's only an hour from us and it would be nice to say hi :) A few people have told me about that show, I really need to watch it
The California Grill brunch looks amazing! I don't know that I'll get to experience it anytime soon (I'm not sure the other brunch goers would appreciate a two-year-old?!), but hopefully someday!
There were kids there! And your little one would be FREE lol you should do it now!!!
I don't know if you ever find yourself in the Midwest, but the Omaha Henry Doorly Zoo is INCREDIBLE. They have an Africa trail and Asia trail that reminded me SO MUCH of the animal trails at AK. I'm going to try an include a mini real life update with some pictures of the zoo in my current TR (sadly, the 2015 report, so don't feel too far behind! :laughing: ) as I feel like other DISers would love to see the zoo with it's resemblance to Disney.
I will definitely have to get over to your 4 year old report lol because I'd love to read about your zoo! And I'm just kidding, this TR could easily end up going on for 4 years.......

IMG_1886.JPG

Looks like everyones having fun!

:rotfl:

Love it and so glad you got to experience the Rhino tour

Hello Nomad Lounge!

Kathy and my new favorite place :drinking1

the cruises were cancelled.

I'm sorry the Illuminations cruise got canceled but looks like you all had fun anyway

CREEPER ALERT x 2 :scared1: Poor Steve

You ladies all look so pretty!

Love Brunch and this is delicious!

Hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July trip :hug:

Kathy and my new favorite place :drinking1
I think it becomes the new favorite place of everyone who goes!
CREEPER ALERT x 2 :scared1: Poor Steve
:rotfl2:yeah some of the humor of the situation was lost on him at the time but it's given the group of us lots to laugh about since!
Hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July trip :hug:
We did! Minus one foot incident but hey, what's a DeVizio trip without an injury involved.........

Hi friends! I haven't abandoned this report I swear, work just haven't let me get much DIS time since we got back from our July 4th trip- which was pretty good and I'm really glad I can check spending that holiday in WDW off my bucket list as well as a few other things! But I'll leave all that for the day I finally finish up this TR and my dining report and can actually start a July TR......

IMG_2676.JPG

But now I have a chance to update and this one is going to be, fun :bitelip:

I left off a long time ago exiting TOT with my fraidy cat fellow riders managing not to pee themselves ( I think). We had time until our RnR FP or it was down, 2 months is just too long ago for me to remember these things anymore, but it also looked as though the heaven's were going to open up any minute so we chose to run for the hills - in the form of One Man's Dream.

Steve had split from us to get me a soda (good Steve) and Kelly went right in and started taking pictures - I'm thinking she'd either never been here or hadn't been for awhile? But Kari @kastoney and I hung in the entrance waiting for Steve as the wet soaking masses piled in. It was kinda boring because Steve took awhile so Kari thought it would be a good idea to take a few pictures. You know, make memories :crazy:

She liked the old timey vibe of Walt and Roy as littles and was jealous she hadn't been there:

IMG_E1805.JPG

She also thought I would make a good Mrs. Disney being I looked like a drowned rat at this point (sorry Mrs. D!)

IMG_E1807.JPG:love:

Steve showed up and I drank a bit and then Kelly @buzzrelly caught up with us and we showed them our awesome photography. Needless to say they were super jealous so what were we to do? It was pouring, we were in our Happy Place and well, we're cool like this:

IMG_1969.JPG

IMG_1970 (1).JPG

IMG_1971 (1).JPG

IMG_1978.JPG

IMG_1979.JPG

buzzrelly2.jpg

There's a few more but I think you get the gist of our time with Walt on this rainy afternoon. Did we annoy anyone else trying to enjoy some Walt memorabilia? Possibly. Did we care? That would be a no. Did we have an awesome time being silly grown ups together? ::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes::::yes:: Seriously making great memories with great DIS friends :love:

Attachments

• IMG_1980.JPG
    IMG_1980.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 3
It was kinda boring because Steve took awhile so Kari thought it would be a good idea to take a few pictures. You know, make memories :crazy:

She liked the old timey vibe of Walt and Roy as littles and was jealous she hadn't been there:

IMG_E1805.JPG

She also thought I would make a good Mrs. Disney being I looked like a drowned rat at this point (sorry Mrs. D!)

IMG_E1807.JPG
Haha - these look so creepy!

So does this look like your younger son? For some reason I can imagine him as the kid if he was wearing a fake beard/mustache!
Super creepy! Kelly's eyes - just OMG!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!