Pinch me, did it REALLY happen????? - All wrapped up, and yes, it DID happen!

Even worse than leaving Disney at 3am on DME for a 6am flight is the fact that it destroys the ability to make the time change back home. Did it once. NEVER EVER again.

I can't believe they changed your flights like that with no email, nothing. Crazy! It seems to me one of my tracking aps (I think TripIt maybe) will update if the flight data changes. So glad you caught it.

That prime rib looks lovely. Yes, the only difference at Kidani would be no 2nd bed/bath. Love the rooms there!

Love the cute Mickey S&P grinders. And the rare meat. Yum! :thumbsup2 And the Opus One. Nice.

Kidani is my favorite DVC resort so far with the THV coming in at a very close second. Its so tranquil and beautiful. Here's hoping that real life and the issues it can bring stay totally away on your vacation. :goodvibes

Now I'm starving, and I have no beef in the house. :sad:

I'm sorry, I hope you found something suitable to eat!

Thankfully, I had some breakfast before I wandered in here. But no meat was served with my breakfast!!!!

That room looks great at AKV. Someday.....I'd like to stay there.

You're smart! You really should, once you decide to vacation out of commando mode, it's definitely a place where you need to plan on chilling in your room.

I remember our first time staying there when it had just opened and Jambo House still wasn't finished. The first morning we woke up we were mesmerized by the animals. All our plans went out the window, I went down to the Mara and grabbed us a bunch of plates of food from the cooler (along with coffee, etc) and we just sat on the balcony watching.

They were trying to film a TV commercial and there was a truck on the savannah stocked with "giraffe food" (branches). The animal care people were putting them in the trees to get "authentic shots", but the giraffe kept eating them out of the back of the truck because it was easier. It was hilarious!

Me too! That shower looks heavenly. :cloud9:

It is! And there is even a bench so you can just sit and let the water fall on you! :thumbsup2

I'm late, but I'm here!

Glad you made it here! I hope you get to go back to Disney soon!

Even worse than leaving Disney at 3am on DME for a 6am flight is the fact that it destroys the ability to make the time change back home. Did it once. NEVER EVER again.

I can't believe they changed your flights like that with no email, nothing. Crazy! It seems to me one of my tracking aps (I think TripIt maybe) will update if the flight data changes. So glad you caught it.

That prime rib looks lovely. Yes, the only difference at Kidani would be no 2nd bed/bath. Love the rooms there!

:scared1: That's awful! And I can see how that would totally throw you off. We get in at 7PM I think and that will work out fine. We will be totally exhausted when we get home, pick up take out on the way back or even just drive through. By the time we get home, make peace with our cats and get to bed it will be our normal bed time. Luckily we will be on East Coast time so the morning appointment with the Wound Doctor won't hit us as hard as it normally does. We'll be right back in our normal schedule.

Thanks on the Prime Rib. :goodvibes It took me a while to perfect my cooking technique. I realized today that I need to pack my instant read thermometer or I will be lost!

Love the cute Mickey S&P grinders. And the rare meat. Yum! :thumbsup2 And the Opus One. Nice.

Kidani is my favorite DVC resort so far with the THV coming in at a very close second. Its so tranquil and beautiful. Here's hoping that real life and the issues it can bring stay totally away on your vacation. :goodvibes

I love those grinders too! I have a Pepper one in my OL because I like them so much! Yes on the rare meat! I was wondering if anyone would notice the wine bottles.... :rolleyes1 We break out all the big guns at the holidays with my parents, there aren't too many other occasions where we have people who will appreciate them. I'm certainly not going to open a bottle like that for just me at home on a random evening! Perhaps on a trip when you and Michael visit we can bring the wine and enjoy an adult meal say at Steakhouse 55 with a bottle from our cellar!

Well.here's hoping no problems while on vacation, we really none while you are around either...

Dinner looked amazing.

Here to play catch up- fingers are crossed for both you two and the prime rib's arrival to Orlando! :thumbsup2 :rotfl:

I love those grinders too! I have a Pepper one in my OL because I like them so much! Yes on the rare meat! I was wondering if anyone would notice the wine bottles.... :rolleyes1 We break out all the big guns at the holidays with my parents, there aren't too many other occasions where we have people who will appreciate them. I'm certainly not going to open a bottle like that for just me at home on a random evening! Perhaps on a trip when you and Michael visit we can bring the wine and enjoy an adult meal say at Steakhouse 55 with a bottle from our cellar!

Sort of hard not to notice a bottle of 2000 Opus One ;) Opus One, forget the year, was the first bottle of wine Michael and I shared as a couple. :lovestruc

That would be fabulous. Dinner, nice wine, good friends, rare meat.....perfection. :thumbsup2 Do you parents enjoy wine too?

That OL must be nice to have. You can leave all of the fun/practical things and not having to worry about packing them over and over. I'd for sure have a crock pot in mine. What do you keep in there?

I'm in. And YOU ARE GOING! Sending you and Fran all kinds of positive vibes!

Loved your other reports. Plus we need another dose of WDW TR, since I don't know that a WDW trip is in the works for us this year. DH is very disappointed. Too many other things happening...although my niece will be there this summer for her college program;).

AND now I'm inspired to pack my suitcase with food on our trip to Aulani. We leave in 4 days and your frozen prime rib is true genius. Can I do this? Write sub plans for 3 days and freeze and pack food in 4 days?

You inspired me Alison! I'm packing an extra suitcase filled with bottled water and snacks!!! That's as close as I'll ever get to being a "cook the food" person! :lmao:

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

Here is a previous Christmas Prime Rib

DSCN3282.jpg

but I could probably post another 10-20 pictures of Prime Ribs

On the bold -

Don't tease us Alison! :lmao:

As for the beef shot - totally mesmerizing since it totally reminds me of a black hairstyle called - Chini Bump(China - but said the other way by Jamaicans - insert sigh )

I should go get a pic just to show you I'm not crazy to compare your Christmas Prime Rib to a hairstyle.

CAN. NOT. WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance3: For the trip not for the comparison. Insert wink.

On the bold -

Don't tease us Alison! :lmao:

As for the beef shot - totally mesmerizing since it totally reminds me of a black hairstyle called - Chinie (China/Chinese) Bump.

I should go get a pic just to show you I'm not crazy to compare your Christmas Prime Rib to a hairstyle.

CAN. NOT. WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance3:

NO!!!!!!!!!!! That's not the picture :lmao::rotfl::lmao: but I'm just going to leave it for below.

Well.here's hoping no problems while on vacation, we really none while you are around either...

Dinner looked amazing.

Thanks! The less problems the better! I'm glad you liked the look of dinner.

Here to play catch up- fingers are crossed for both you two and the prime rib's arrival to Orlando! :thumbsup2 :rotfl:

I'm glad that you made it over here. We should have no problems on the Prime Rib. I really need to get working on packing the rest of the stuff now!

Sort of hard not to notice a bottle of 2000 Opus One ;) Opus One, forget the year, was the first bottle of wine Michael and I shared as a couple. :lovestruc

That would be fabulous. Dinner, nice wine, good friends, rare meat.....perfection. :thumbsup2 Do you parents enjoy wine too?

That OL must be nice to have. You can leave all of the fun/practical things and not having to worry about packing them over and over. I'd for sure have a crock pot in mine. What do you keep in there?

That's a nice first bottle of wine! :love:

My parents got me into wine. They have been in a wine tasting group ever since we moved to California.

We keep some large practical stuff in the OL, a special pillow for me, some other HA devices for Fran. Then we have stuff like ziploc baggies, laundry soap pods, bounce, shampoo, conditioner, a butter dish, measuring cups, pepper grinder, kosher salt, paper plates, a bunch of other stuff.

I'm in. And YOU ARE GOING! Sending you and Fran all kinds of positive vibes!

Loved your other reports. Plus we need another dose of WDW TR, since I don't know that a WDW trip is in the works for us this year. DH is very disappointed. Too many other things happening...although my niece will be there this summer for her college program;).

AND now I'm inspired to pack my suitcase with food on our trip to Aulani. We leave in 4 days and your frozen prime rib is true genius. Can I do this? Write sub plans for 3 days and freeze and pack food in 4 days?

Thanks! How fun! A trip to Aulani! I would totally pack something in the suitcase if you're going directly to Aulani. Prices in Hawaii are sky high! Stater Bros. has Ribeyes on sale for $4.99/lb this week!

You inspired me Alison! I'm packing an extra suitcase filled with bottled water and snacks!!! That's as close as I'll ever get to being a "cook the food" person! :lmao:

Sent from Tracey's iPhone using DISBoards

It makes sense. That way you don't have to pay insane amounts for snacks from the Mara or the gift shop.

knots1.jpg

*not my picture

Yes it's late. And yes my brain needs sleep.

But this is where it went "hey that post roast looks like a hairstyle! :lmao: :3dglasses Jean doesn't think one looks like the other! Oh well. (EDIT: Jean thinks the roast looks like when one *starts* growing their hair rasta. Which I'm sure you're doing for your vacation, eh Alison? Laughing. )

I should stop posting NOW.

knots1.jpg

*not my picture

Yes it's late. And yes my brain needs sleep.

But this is where it went "hey that post roast looks like a hairstyle! :lmao: :3dglasses Jean doesn't think one looks like the other! Oh well. (EDIT: Jean thinks the roast looks like when one *starts* growing their hair rasta. Which I'm sure you're doing for your vacation, eh Alison? Laughing. )

I should stop posting NOW.

In a strange and perverse way I can see the comparison! :lmao:

Now I see your edit, no I will NOT be going Rasta on my vacation, we have a family living down the alley from us who have huge long nasty dreds and they even have their kids who are under seven years old growing their hair like that. Not my style....but to each his/her own.

And yes, you should stop posting now! :rotfl2:

Hi! I am late to the party but lately that has been my norm.

That prime rib looks amazing! It made my mouth water.

In a strange and perverse way I can see the comparison! :lmao:

Now I see your edit, no I will NOT be going Rasta on my vacation, we have a family living down the alley from us who have huge long nasty dreds and they even have their kids who are under seven years old growing their hair like that. Not my style....but to each his/her own.

And yes, you should stop posting now! :rotfl2:

I've had some sleep so crazy has been put to bed! :goodvibes

Rasta can be beautiful Alison. Your use of the word HUGE means it isn't. Rasta must be groomed. Jean's SIL has it down her back and it's gorgeous. So much so that you can't tell if it's rasta or simple twists. It takes a couple of hours of grooming.

China bump was just a way of keeping hair neat and then it snuck outside. :lmao: I suppose simple braids were the same once upon a time.

A la older black women would think it's totally inappropriate to wear China bump outside the house.

Yes this is definitely a PTR! :rotfl2:

lisaviolet said:

Rasta can be beautiful Alison. Your use of the word HUGE means it isn't. Rasta must be groomed. Jean's SIL has it down her back and it's gorgeous. So much so that you can't tell if it's rasta or simple twists. It takes a couple of hours of grooming.

China bump was just a way of keeping hair neat and then it snuck outside. :lmao: I suppose simple braids were the same once upon a time.

A la older black women would think it's totally inappropriate to wear China bump outside the house.

Rasta hair is gorgeous, like art.

Hi! I am late to the party but lately that has been my norm.

That prime rib looks amazing! It made my mouth water.

Welcome! :welcome: Glad that you made it over here!

The meat, the rasta hair....:lmao: The shots of Jameson, yes shots, aren't hurting any! ;)

I read this today and thought....who brought the Jameson shots? :confused3 But you didn't share. :sad2:

:rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2: :laughing:

Rasta hair is gorgeous, like art.

OK, I guess I have never seen Rasta hair. The neighbor just has hair down to his butt that has probably never been combed and it looks like a small family of rodents could be living in there. It is NOT what one would call art.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter