Parkhopper's Big Adventure at the AK Pin Event!

MZDavis

Mouseketeer
Subject: Back From WDW....What A Great Weekend! (Very Long)
Author: Parkhopper
Date Posted: 04-25-01
Just had to post about our weekend at WDW for the April Pin Event. We had a fantastic time! Who needs sleep anyway right? We had to get moving at 4am to catch our flight down there on Saturday, but that way we had the whole day in WDW to enjoy. We met ScottakaMickey and Larry at the Wilderness Lodge for a great breakfast. A good way to start the day. From there we went to Epcot to get some of the Land pins, Flower and Garden pins and to hang out at Pin Central and trade. Trading was fantastic on this trip. Including lanyard trades, which we usually do quite a bit of, we traded for over 125 pins on this three day trip. After trading at Epcot we went to Larry's dinner with a lot of pin traders at All Star Movies. It was a great place to hang out and do some more trading and a lot of socializing. After dinner Suzi went to bed and I headed with ScottakaMickey over to DTD to do some trading at WOD. The trading was very good. I enjoy watching egg trading. Those of you who have been at WDW since the Easter Egg hunt know what I mean. Egg trading is fast and easy. Egg for Egg just depends on what someone is looking for. Got back to the room after midnight got very little sleep and then it was off to the event on Sunday. We got in line for the parking lot at 4:50am. Good thing we didn't sleep much because by shortly after 5:00am they were out of vouchers for the bamboo Mickey. The event was run very well and we had a great time there. It was very nice meeting Dar and her husband and waiting in line with them for the Dinoland pin. We managed to get to all the locations on the map and get all the pins we needed to get and had a lot of fun along the way. After the event I think everyone was tired and went to bed. I don't like to waste any time at WDW so I didn't. However, I didn't run into many traders. Suzi and I went to dinner at Epcot and then to DTD to meet Linda at the DTD pin cart. We chatted and Suzi even managed to do some trading there. Again we made it back to the room after midnight. So much for sleep. The next morning was our last day so it was up and out of the room, trying best we could to pack everything away for the flight home later that evening. We wanted to be on our way in time to get a chance to go to the first show of the new Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Play It! attraction at MGM at 9:15am. We got to the parking lot at 9:05am and made our way very quickly to the attraction, getting in right as they were closing the doors. It turned out to be a good thing because I won the fastest finger competition and ended up in the hot seat. It was so cool. I won PINS!

wwtbam.jpg

I also got a hat, polo shirt, lanyard, and CDROM version of the game. I walked away from the 250,000 point level since I had absolutely no idea what the answer was. This made for a great start to the day. Right after that we did some running around and then met up with Z&X's Dad Steve at the boardwalk and yes, we did some pin trading there. Then a couple of people showed up who were working on filming the WDW Vacation Planning Video. They asked if we would let them film us and answer some Disney related questions. We said sure and did all that they asked us to do. It would be funny if we actually ended up in the video. We won't know until Oct/Nov. From there we met up with Kathie and we all went into Epcot. We went to Pin Central to hang out and trade and chat with the Peachident. It was during this time when Steve traded for the CTT pin off of the CM lanyard. I had told Steve that no one would believe me if I said that we got him to go with us to Epcot. We stayed there until it was about time for us to take off. We had a late flight out and again got home after midnight. It was a fantastic trip!

Highlights of our pin trades this trip include:
White Epcot Art of Disney
Merchandise PTP
Rosie O'Donnell Show
Epcot AP 2000 Torch
Villas at Disney's WL CM
Goofy Nametag
Simba Nametag
April Fuels Day
MGM Easter Egg
MK Easter Egg
DCA St. Patrick's Day
2000 Spring Cross U
Mickey Confetti Ears
Casting Scout
Cruise Line Happy Holidays
West Side CM LE Atlas Puzzle Piece #1
Mickey for President
Inauguration Day

We can't wait to get back there!

----------------------------------------

Subject:
Author: in2disny
Date Posted: 04-26-01
WOW...Sounds like you all had a great time. How does the "Who wants to be a Millionare" work?? Are the questions really hard??? I'm getting Disney Sick....our trip isn't until New Years. It seems so far away. I have heard that I'm going west for a convention in November and we are trying to work out going to Disneyland. I've never been.

Oh well....My Disney days will come.

Connie

Subject:
Author: NHMickey
Sounds like you had a blast. What was the last question???

Nat

Hi Ho Hi Ho it's of to Pin Trading I go!!

Co-Moderator Collectors Board
Co-Host Thursday Night Pin Chat

Subject: Wow
Author: ttfn2
Conratulations! 125,000 points! It sounds like you made the best of your time there. Let' see, about 8 hours of sleep in 2 days
Glad you had a great time.

~Christine~
pinpics: tinkpins

Subject:
I like to try to make the most of the time we have there, so sleep is secondary, however I am not usually busy in the 3:45am - 7:00am time frame while we are down there. Only for a pin!

Subject:
Author: Geri
Date Posted: 04-27-01

Geri

Subject:
Author: Iris
Wow, what a trip. Did anyone tape the Millionaire game for you or is that not allowed? That would be neat to show your friends back home.

So glad you both had such a wonderful time.

Listed under pinpics as Lady1
Boardwalk-June 1-June 7, 2001
The Wonder-June 7-10,2001!!!!

Subject: videotaping not allowed
Author: pintrader

Kathryn

my play email address is pintrader@pinpics.com

mailto:kathryn@ixct.net

Subject:
Author: MZDavis
Vince.. congrats on winning all those pins!!

Give us an idea of what kind of questions they ask on WWTBAM!

Matthew and Lauri
Collector's Board Moderators
Resort Board Moderators
HostMatthewZD and HostLauri in the Thursday night pin chats

Subject:
The first 2 or 3 questions are Disney Related. The rest of the questions are exactly like the Television program very broad general knowledge.

Subject: FOR 250,000 ........
Author: Zayne & Xavier's DAD
...WHAT is the name of the last JAIL NAT has been held in (within this country please)
Later
LOL
Welcome to WDW, GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY TRADING! (Right Place, Right Time, & Some DIZ Magic Never Hurts!)
Karma,it's all Karma!

R.I.P. Scrooge's Father
Carl Barks: True Diz Icon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter