OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

Ok OKW lovers, I need some help. Dh and I are planning a stay in January in a 2BV. We are bringing our 3 kids, age 1-7. What section should we stay in if HH is not available? We will need to be 1st floor due to having strollers, that I know. We are looking for somewhere on the quiet side, as we will be coming back most days for naps. Given the time of year will being near a pool matter? Can you swim much in January? (We are from the North, so I don't even want to go outside in January, it's hard to imagine swimming!!) I am thinking that being close to a bus stop, perhaps the first one or 2, may be high on the list.

Can some of you OKW experts give me some direction? Thanks!

Ok OKW lovers, I need some help. Dh and I are planning a stay in January in a 2BV. We are bringing our 3 kids, age 1-7. What section should we stay in if HH is not available? We will need to be 1st floor due to having strollers, that I know. We are looking for somewhere on the quiet side, as we will be coming back most days for naps. Given the time of year will being near a pool matter? Can you swim much in January? (We are from the North, so I don't even want to go outside in January, it's hard to imagine swimming!!) I am thinking that being close to a bus stop, perhaps the first one or 2, may be high on the list.

If not in the HH area, I'd go for Turtle Pond, bldgs 30 to 35, specifically. Just be aware that you have a great chance of getting a handicap accessible unit on the first floor. The real difference, in a one bedrm or larger unit with handicap is that it will have a roll-in shower, no tub in the 2nd bedroom (you will still have the Jacuzzi tub on the one bedroom side) and less sink/storage areas to allow for wheelchair turning radius...and likely a raised commode. I'm in a first floor studio at the moment, and it is handicap modified, even though I don't need it.

If not in the HH area, I'd go for Turtle Pond, bldgs 30 to 35, specifically. Just be aware that you have a great chance of getting a handicap accessible unit on the first floor. The real difference, in a one bedrm or larger unit with handicap is that it will have a roll-in shower, no tub in the 2nd bedroom (you will still have the Jacuzzi tub on the one bedroom side) and less sink/storage areas to allow for wheelchair turning radius...and likely a raised commode. I'm in a first floor studio at the moment, and it is handicap modified, even though I don't need it.

Oh, good to know. That is not ideal for us, as I will have little ones who need a smaller bathtub and toilet. Thanks!

I'd second Chuck's recommendation for Turtle Pond area. We like building 35 in particular because its directly across the road from the bus stop. Far enough away so there isn't a noise problem, but close enough to be convenient.

Also be aware that only in building numbers 30 and higher is there a second entrance to the master bath from the main living areas. This may be important if somebody is going to be sleeping in the livingroom.

We stayed in bldg 35 last October and loved the location. Our only issue was that the A/C unit right outside the master bedroom (first floor) was pretty loud. But we were in a 1-bedroom.

We just got back and stayed in bldg 26 2BR which IS HH area. Frankly you could request bldg 27 right next door(not considered HH) and still be close to all the HH action (very easy walk) and the bus is just to the side of that bldg. Convenient for young ones (been there done that)

We are arriving in 49 days! :-) We are 3 adults, 2 children, and we have a 2 bedroom. The 2 children have never been to WDW, and the one adult, my 20 yr old son, has never been to OKW! I would really love a great view, maybe a 2nd floor and we don't have to be in the HH area, but close by would be great. I was thinking 23-27. Thoughts? Any other areas I should be considering? We've only stayed in the HH area. Thanks!

We are arriving in 49 days! :-) We are 3 adults, 2 children, and we have a 2 bedroom. The 2 children have never been to WDW, and the one adult, my 20 yr old son, has never been to OKW! I would really love a great view, maybe a 2nd floor and we don't have to be in the HH area, but close by would be great. I was thinking 23-27. Thoughts? Any other areas I should be considering? We've only stayed in the HH area. Thanks!

Well we stayed on the 3rd floor in 2632 I wouldn't call the view great. A small pond and further out one of the fairways from the golf course. Was spectacular though if you like a quiet cup of coffee on a very large balcony every morning!

Teppan Edo is one that always looks interesting , but I think it would only suit hubby and myself .

Cheryl

Actually, I think many people make that assumption about Teppan Edo, but since it's mostly just fresh food cooked right at your table with no strong flavors or seasonings, I think young people would love it. We've always take friends there, and kids from age 3 up through the teens have all enjoyed it and asked to go back before the trip was over. The only issue would be if you have someone who doesn't like onions.

definately sounds lovely , might see if it can be worked into our plans at all . having looked again at reviews i know that my eldest son would enjoy it very much but the youngest is way too fussy , so might think of another option for him and see what we can do .

Thanks for your help

just had another look at the menu, and found chicken tempura , so it looks like we could have a "family" meal !

Going to try to make a reservation .

Thanks

Well we stayed on the 3rd floor in 2632 I wouldn't call the view great. A small pond and further out one of the fairways from the golf course. Was spectacular though if you like a quiet cup of coffee on a very large balcony every morning!

Do you happen to remember if one of the other buildings in that circle would be better than 26? Maybe more towards the 23-25 areas? I have to call in a request and I am so afraid of requesting the wrong thing. LOL! And the large balcony with a quiet cup of coffee or glass of wine is JUST what I am looking for! :goodvibes

Do you happen to remember if one of the other buildings in that circle would be better than 26? Maybe more towards the 23-25 areas? I have to call in a request and I am so afraid of requesting the wrong thing. LOL! And the large balcony with a quiet cup of coffee or glass of wine is JUST what I am looking for! :goodvibes

Building 23 is probably the best "view" building in that cluster. There really are few "outstanding" views at OKW, but most are pretty nice, especially if you are on the 2nd or 3rd floor.

Building 23 is probably the best "view" building in that cluster. There really are few "outstanding" views at OKW, but most are pretty nice, especially if you are on the 2nd or 3rd floor.

would it be over-ambitious to request either HH, or Miller or Peninsula Rd? It seems greedy to list the numbers as: 15-16, 20, 23-27, 46-46, 55, and 62-64! :rotfl:

Am I correct in thinking that any of those areas are good places to stay? Am I missing something that would be better or that I could add onto the request to open the options a bit? We don't care about the elevators as much as we want a great view and a walking distance to HH within a few mins (Im not sure what the walking distances are from those areas). I think we would be using the main pool most due to the slide.

We just returned from a stay at OKW. We were in the HH booking category and requested a second level studio. They put us in 2424 which was a nice location. The balcony view was blocked by palm trees but we could see a bit of the golf course and water.

We just returned from a stay at OKW. We were in the HH booking category and requested a second level studio. They put us in 2424 which was a nice location. The balcony view was blocked by palm trees but we could see a bit of the golf course and water.

:teeth: That was our studio last month! We also thought it was a nice location! :thumbsup2

palm trees are good - I can look at those and a golf course through them ALL day! :thumbsup2

Hello,
Last week we stayed at our home OKW and had a great visit! The villa was in good shape, grounds were gorgeous and pool was a lot of fun.

The only negative thing was the CM working at Good's morning shift. Each morning I would get up early and get breakfast while everyone in my family was getting ready for Rope Drop. I ordered simple stuff like oatmeal and pastries and fill our mugs - nothing had to be cooked! The CM working there was so disorganized and would forget things in people's orders. Guests would get to their rooms and realize they were missing food. A lot of people returned & were frustrated with her, but I don't know if anyone complained to the front desk or not. Anyone else have this experience? Maybe I just caught Good's at a bad time.

We are staying at OKW for the first time in November. When there are multiple bus stops, I prefer being one of the first to be picked up. Which would this be at OKW? I thought about requesting the first two stops. We do not have the HH category booked, as it was not available.

Thanks!! :goodvibes

Actually, I think many people make that assumption about Teppan Edo, but since it's mostly just fresh food cooked right at your table with no strong flavors or seasonings, I think young people would love it. We've always take friends there, and kids from age 3 up through the teens have all enjoyed it and asked to go back before the trip was over. The only issue would be if you have someone who doesn't like onions.

Where is that restaurant located?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter