OK, but who is Tony Hinds?

Anyone have experience using Tony and needing car seats? We will have a newborn and a toddler. We don't plan on bringing our car seats since it is such a pain and we aren't renting a car

He does have on his website , he can provide car seats if he is notified in advance

@macraven thanks I did see that, it can be tricky with car seats with the newborns and I was hoping someone else had experience so I didn't have to bother Tony. We had looked into the transportation service through Dolphin but they said they use Mears connect. I am slightly apprehensive with using Mears or Sunshine Flyer since they both also utilize sprinter vans at less busy times. I have not contacted them directly because I would love to support a small business especially someone that is so well loved by the Dis boards. I realize that I could rent a car and bring our car seats but since I feel like I am bringing my whole house, lol, I am trying to make my life as easy as possible, however I am not willing to jeopardize the little ones safety. Thank you!

do they meet you at baggage claim or do you need to text them to let them know you’re ready after you’ve gotten them
When we used Tony’s service in January, we texted our driver when we landed and again when we had our luggage, and he met us outside baggage claim. I believe I’ve read of others this year who were met at baggage claim, so I would email Tony and ask.

Anyone have experience using Tony and needing car seats? We will have a newborn and a toddler. We don't plan on bringing our car seats since it is such a pain and we aren't renting a car
Not a newborn, but we did have 2 toddlers and he had 2 seats for us which was nice. I had the same concerns about mears and the smaller vans and no car seats. When we used him, I didn't see a backwards facing seat in the van. There was another forward facing that we didn't use or need.

Scheduled a car with Tony and at the mco airport now and have not heard from a driver? Suggestions? I’ve tried calling and emailing him

I am
Concerned as well .. leave in 4 days and no email confirmation or return of calls/texts? Well on the bright side I have not paid and can always use Lyft/Uber.

Scheduled a car with Tony and at the mco airport now and have not heard from a driver? Suggestions? I’ve tried calling and emailing him
Goodness I hope this all worked out for you. Did you confirm a day or two in advance? I have done that two times we used him and he got right back to me. That was through text. If he is driving he won't answer a call/text, but should respond when he is no longer driving.
I do feel he is extremely busy, so I worry things will fall through the cracks. We arrive May 28, so hoping it all works smoothly.

Most times I will get a text on the day I am arriving from Tony or the assigned driver, letting me know they will see me at the luggage carousel

But since I am a repeat customer, just assumed when I am at the luggage carousel pick up section , I will see a sign held up with my last name on it.

We are repeat customers as well and never had a problem. I am a bit concerned about the previous poster's experience. I hope they come back and report on how things were resolved.

Most times I will get a text on the day I am arriving from Tony or the assigned driver, letting me know they will see me at the luggage carousel

But since I am a repeat customer, just assumed when I am at the luggage carousel pick up section , I will see a sign held up with my last name on it.
We have used Tony's service twice. June 2021 and March 2022. Both times I was given contact info for our driver and asked to text when we got our luggage, so they could drive up to the pickup area. Never had a sign with our name on it.

Between those two trips we've had 4 different drivers. The third one was Tony himself.

We ended up waiting by baggage claim for over an hour. I emailed Tony to confirm a few days in advance. The day we arrived I heard absolutely nothing. After waiting with our bags for 30 mins and no word I emailed Tony. After I got no response, I called and left a voice. Still after receiving no response a bit later I called again and he answered. He said someone would be there soon to get us. We probably waited another 30 mins after that. The driver who picked us up said they were very busy. I wont pay the premium again after this experience. I’m pretty sure I would’ve been on a mears bus faster. Our two year old was absolutely melting down from a day so waiting there for an hour or more was very unpleasant. Not wanting to wait w a toddler was a reason I paid the extra and went with Tony. It was extremely disappointing.

We ended up waiting by baggage claim for over an hour. I emailed Tony to confirm a few days in advance. The day we arrived I heard absolutely nothing. After waiting with our bags for 30 mins and no word I emailed Tony. After I got no response, I called and left a voice. Still after receiving no response a bit later I called again and he answered. He said someone would be there soon to get us. We probably waited another 30 mins after that. The driver who picked us up said they were very busy. I wont pay the premium again after this experience. I’m pretty sure I would’ve been on a mears bus faster. Our two year old was absolutely melting down from a day so waiting there for an hour or more was very unpleasant. Not wanting to wait w a toddler was a reason I paid the extra and went with Tony. It was extremely disappointing.
In another thread, people are reporting recent bad experiences with Tiffany Towncar.

Makes me wonder if the elimination of Magical Express has caused too much business for the companies which have been doing airport pickups for years. It seems like they just don't have enough drivers to handle it.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/town-car-recent.3882112/

Yikes! I dont' like hearing that! I'm very sorry you had that experience!

I emailed Tony to get the details on our car for our flight back home tomorrow but no response. How/when does he usually get ahold of you to confirm your return flight? Getting nervous again.

I emailed Tony to get the details on our car for our flight back home tomorrow but no response. How/when does he usually get ahold of you to confirm your return flight? Getting nervous again.

He or his driver (for us it has usually been him) texts us to confirm our flight and pick up time the evening before usually. I would text him.

Not very happy with our Tony’s service today. Confirmed via email 2 days ago. Someone called us yesterday to confirm, then no one was there when we got off the plane. Walked around baggage claim looking for someone then ended up calling. Tony answered and at first seemed like he didn’t know I had a reservation then said he’d call me back. A driver finally called and said he would be there in 10 minutes. Had requested a grocery stop and because I didn’t realize we were not stopping by Publix until we were nearly at the resort since I’m not familiar with the area. By that point I just wanted off the van. Will definitely go with someone else for our September trip

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter