OK, but who is Tony Hinds?

Not very happy with our Tony’s service today. Confirmed via email 2 days ago. Someone called us yesterday to confirm, then no one was there when we got off the plane. Walked around baggage claim looking for someone then ended up calling. Tony answered and at first seemed like he didn’t know I had a reservation then said he’d call me back. A driver finally called and said he would be there in 10 minutes. Had requested a grocery stop and luckily I didn’t pre-order because I didn’t realize we were not stopping by Publix until we were nearly at the resort since I’m not familiar with the area. By that point I just wanted off the van. Will definitely go with someone else for our September trip
Sounds almost identical to my experience except after calling Tony we still had to wait another 30-45 min. It felt like I paid way too much for an experience worse than the buses.

Sounds almost identical to my experience except after calling Tony we still had to wait another 30-45 min. It felt like I paid way too much for an experience worse than the buses.
Did you pay in advance? I am going to request paying cash on pickup. I'm actually getting ready to just use Lyft, lol.

Did you pay in advance? I am going to request paying cash on pickup. I'm actually getting ready to just use Lyft, lol.
Yes I did. I was so frustrated I was trying to just get an Uber and then call my credit card company to tell them I never received the service from Tony but there were no Ubers available with car seats.

Boy these recent bad experiences are very concerning. I hope our trip starting the 28th works out okay. Sheesh.

So with all these recent bad reports about Tony Hinds' services, has anyone used him recently in the last month with a good experience to report? I, too, have reserved Tony for May 29 and June 4, so his non-response and not showing up on time is concerning.

So with all these recent bad reports about Tony Hinds' services, has anyone used him recently in the last month with a good experience to report? I, too, have reserved Tony for May 29 and June 4, so his non-response and not showing up on time is concerning.
I’m supposed to have him pick me up at mco tomorrow afternoon. I have received no information or response to my email that I sent the other day trying to confirm pick up. I just now sent a text.I have already paid But if no one is there by the time I get my luggage I will get an Uber/Lyft. I will update on how things go.

Last edited:

I've seen so many good reviews on here about Tony's transportation services so I went ahead and emailed him for our trip. He replied really promptly and I thought the price was reasonable ($210 for MCO to POR, POR to Endless Summer, Endless Summer to MCO) so I'm ready to go ahead and book.

But I know DH and he's going to think I've lost my mind when I tell him I just booked transportation with some random dude from the internet, lol. So give me the lowdown on Tony so I don't look like a crazy person. What's his story? How did y'all find out about him?
We have used Tony Hinds for years and years and have had exceptionally nice experiences with his company. He is very courteous, always informative about little things in the parks and always dependable and arrives well before the noted time. We did use Magical Express while it was available and called on him for transportation from WDW to US many times and also back to the airport from US at times.
His vans are very clean and he also provides a stop for groceries, snacks at no charge if asked.
We have another trip planned with him on May 28 and June 4. Understandably with gas price increases and inflation, he has gone up on the price. We are paying $160 RT from airport to WDW and back with a stop along the way for 4 of us. But no waits for busses or interval stops.

My initial communications with Tony were not the best in that emails were not acknowledged and then were answered incorrectly (but eventually corrected). I think he is busy. After recent reports, I cancelled and he was very prompt in acknowledgeing the cancellation. Probably glad as I booked at the old $140 RT price.

If you need an immediate response I would suggest texting vs emailing.

Texts are better than emails with the car service
I text tony once I land at the airport

It has worked well for me

Update:
My email to confirm our reservation was not answered but I sent a text and received a short reply within a couple hours. The driver called me morning of my flight and then shortly after landing to tell me where to meet him. No issues and we were in the car within minutes of getting our bags.

Update:
My email to confirm our reservation was not answered but I sent a text and received a short reply within a couple hours. The driver called me morning of my flight and then shortly after landing to tell me where to meet him. No issues and we were in the car within minutes of getting our bags.
Thank you so much for reporting your positive experience! Tony provided great service for us in December 2020, so I booked him again for our trip in a few weeks. These recent posts were making me nervous, but I was trying to remain optimistic as I know people are more likely to report negative experiences and I’m sure Tony is very busy. I’m going to keep our booking and trust my past experience with him! I’ll come back and report as well :)

Update:
That is great to hear! Thanks for sharing your experience!

Update:

I’m happy to hear of this positive experience also. The positive recommendations were the reason I booked Tony and was disturbed with all the negative comments. My flight is May 29 and will report back after we arrive.

I unfortunately had a bad experience as well… landed on Saturday the 14th and no text.. voicemail… no car … very disappointing as the boards here are pretty on track. Ended up using Lyft. Great experience, car was clean, driver friendly and cost a lot less than if I I had paid the car service.

I unfortunately had a bad experience as well… landed on Saturday the 14th and no text.. voicemail… no car … very disappointing as the boards here are pretty on track. Ended up using Lyft. Great experience, car was clean, driver friendly and cost a lot less than if I I had paid the car service.
How much was the Lyft from MCO to disney?

I had a good experience. His driver called me the night before and called me when I landed to meet him after I gathered my bags. Big roomy van to fit all my stuff and went to Publix to pick up my grocery order. Confirmed the return trip 2 days prior and got picked up on time. Had a car seat ready even though I didn't need one. No complaints, it is not cheaper then an Uber/Lyft but he got me to and back on time as promised. I plan to use his service again.

Last edited:
I wonder if Tony had a driver quit unexpectedly. Either that or he over committed maybe? We're scheduled to use him in July, and while the stories posted in this thread have me slightly concerned, I still think we'll be alright.

We just used Tony for the first time this past week …6am pick up at MCO on May 19th and 2:30pm pick up at our resort yesterday. He was great. I had a text waiting when we landed on the 19th that he was outside and just to text once we had our bags and he would pull up. Unfortunately, the luggage belt broke so we had him waiting for a bit. He was very understanding. Also picked us up right on time yesterday. Very prompt to respond to texts. Overall an excellent experience and I plan on using him for all of our future trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter