• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

****Official July 2021 Thread****

ADR day for us today. It was a bit of a struggle.
The good . . . my wife got both of her top choices, 4th of July dinner at Liberty Tree, and a dinner in Mexico.
The kids. . . :( They were hoping for Be Our Guest and Beaches & Cream, but we were shut out of both. Even with an MK day as our last day at the end of our week, no BOG. Beaches & Cream stings a little too because we are staying at the Beach Club and were just hoping to be able to get some dessert late one night after a day at the parks, especially our AK day, which as of now will end at 6:00 PM. Sure wish the ice cream window would open back up . . . .
I was able to snag a Chef Mickeys for a late breakfast / early lunch on the last day, and we also were able to get Hollywood & Vine for the kids too on one of our HS days.
Looks like I'll be watching for the possibility of expanded capacity for restaurants and the cancellations on a daily basis now.
Aww that’s a bummer. I was hoping for Beaches & Cream too, but no luck there. Maybe they will reopen the to go window before July. Im sure they will have a lot of demand for it especially with both BWI and BC hotel sides reopening by then. I will cross my fingers for you.
I’m worried about DS being super busy on our arrival day being that it is a holiday with the 4th of July. We booked a late lunch at Homecomin’ but may change that depending on how busy DS is on the days leading up.

ADR day for us today. It was a bit of a struggle.
The good . . . my wife got both of her top choices, 4th of July dinner at Liberty Tree, and a dinner in Mexico.
The kids. . . :( They were hoping for Be Our Guest and Beaches & Cream, but we were shut out of both. Even with an MK day as our last day at the end of our week, no BOG. Beaches & Cream stings a little too because we are staying at the Beach Club and were just hoping to be able to get some dessert late one night after a day at the parks, especially our AK day, which as of now will end at 6:00 PM. Sure wish the ice cream window would open back up . . . .
I was able to snag a Chef Mickeys for a late breakfast / early lunch on the last day, and we also were able to get Hollywood & Vine for the kids too on one of our HS days.
Looks like I'll be watching for the possibility of expanded capacity for restaurants and the cancellations on a daily basis now.

Well that didn't take long. Just snagged a BOG for our family of 5 at 5:45 PM on our last night there. :)

Aww that’s a bummer. I was hoping for Beaches & Cream too, but no luck there. Maybe they will reopen the to go window before July. Im sure they will have a lot of demand for it especially with both BWI and BC hotel sides reopening by then. I will cross my fingers for you.
I’m worried about DS being super busy on our arrival day being that it is a holiday with the 4th of July. We booked a late lunch at Homecomin’ but may change that depending on how busy DS is on the days leading up.

Our arrival day on site is also the 4th, but we actually will arrive in Orlando on the 3rd and stay off site that first night. Driving in, so our big dilema on the 4th is going to be do we just drive to TTC early and go that route to the MK, or drive and park and the Beach Club and try to get on the first bus to MK. Leaning toward the latter.
Taking the risk on MK on the 4th, figuring that with the park reservations it hopefully wont be as bad as a normal holiday. Several years ago we did NYE in the MK, and that was with a two year old, and we survived that.

Guests returning to Cape May Café will find old favorites and new changes, along with its signature service and quality. The restaurant will serve breakfast and dinner, but Minnie’s Beach Bash Character Breakfast and the Seafood-and-More Dinner Buffet will not return at reopening.

So so late to the July thread but here it goes. We will be traveling with our grown kids, their spouses, and a granddaughter, age 2 for a split stay:
July 7- July 11 Riviera 2 BR
July 11- July 13 AK-Kidani 2BR and Studio
Absolutely better late than never! Sounds like a GREAT trip!!! :love:
I can't say I wasn't expecting it, but I sure am disappointed. We got the dreaded "your flights have been changed" emails from SW. Arriving later and leaving earlier. Grumble grumble grumble
This post and all the others about changed flights had me running to United's site to double check ours! So far so good, but there's time, obviously. :worried:
Bookings for Cape May Café and dinnertime at Chef Mickey’s open on May 7.
This news and Tusker House opening this summer have absolutely made my day!!!! :Pinkbounc I will rearrange our schedules to get Tusker House. :simba:
We will be 7/3-7/10 BLT - 5th trip since reopening
WOW!!! Any tips you'd like to share would be VERY welcome!!!!!

:thanks: to everyone who's been reporting back about their ADR experiences! Sounds like it's challenging but mostly do-able, and that's a relief to hear!

You cant--- thats why I had to weigh both options--- my package with the (2) free park days saved me more money than 10% off the ASM rate -- (then I would have lost the (2) free park days)
Gotcha! Sorry I thought you were asking. Glad one worked out for you!

WOW!!! Any tips you'd like to share would be VERY welcome!!!!!

:thanks: to everyone who's been reporting back about their ADR experiences! Sounds like it's challenging but mostly do-able, and that's a relief to hear!
[/QUOTE]
I would say to make sure you bring an Insulated Water bottle with a nice soft handle and with a flip up straw to be able to slip it under your mask to stay hydrated - Free Ice Water is a must

Attachments

• Bottle.jpg
    Bottle.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 6
Hubby and I had a nice trip last September. It wasn't July hot but it was pretty warm! I echo the need for bringing your own insulated water bottles. Ours are the metal variety and they tend to be heavy but I make dh carry the backpack that houses those, lol! We bought the cooling towels off Amazon and it was tons cheaper than the WDW variety. Those and the personal neck fans and we were pretty ok with the heat.
Walt Disney World shared today that The Wave “will be unavailable this summer as we refurbish this space in time for the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort. Reservations will be available through July 15, 2021.”
Bummer, but that makes one less ADR I will have to feel bad about missing!

Walt Disney World shared today that The Wave “will be unavailable this summer as we refurbish this space in time for the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort. Reservations will be available through July 15, 2021.”

I'm bummed about this one - we're staying at BLT and I was really looking forward to trying this place out. We'll miss it by about a week.

On the bright side, we're equally excited about Ohana!

Last edited:
I can't say I wasn't expecting it, but I sure am disappointed. We got the dreaded "your flights have been changed" emails from SW. Arriving later and leaving earlier. Grumble grumble grumble
We did too! But when I logged into my SW account I had a notice that I was able to change both of my flights to any other time with no change fee. I was able to snag better flights than before that happened! And no cost to me!

I'm bummed about this one - we're staying at BLT and I was really looking forward to trying this place out. We'll miss it by about a week.

On the bright side, we're equally excited about Ohana!
We have eaten here 2x on recent trips and I have to admit it was lack luster. It’s always been very dark. But for some reason the darkness and lack of tables makes it a downer. Really no Disney Magic. maybe they will bring some back with renovations.

We have eaten here 2x on recent trips and I have to admit it was lack luster. It’s always been very dark. But for some reason the darkness and lack of tables makes it a downer. Really no Disney Magic. maybe they will bring some back with renovations.

word on the street is it will be renovated with the incredible theme like the rest of the contemporary

word on the street is it will be renovated with the incredible theme like the rest of the contemporary

Isn't this where they were serving the 7 layer cake from the TOTW lounge? Now that would be nice, if that place would open again. But I'm not hopeful about it, not until fireworks return.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter