DVC @ Disney World Tesla / EV Charging

I thought it‘d be helpful to have a DVC charging thread. Disney obviously hasn’t communicated a strategy yet. There are currently very limited charging resources on property. Here’s my summary list as of November 2023. See additional posts for parks, other non-dvc resorts, off-property options.

Purpose of this thread is to raise awareness amongst DVC community and hopefully inspire DVC to add infrastructure to our home resorts.

Disney Vacation Club Resorts
AKVJ - Animal Kingdom Villas Jambo - Nothing
AKVK - Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani - 12 spaces in the garage - L1 Free (normal 120v outlets; 4 miles per hour of charging)
BCV - Beach Club Villas - Nothing
BLT - Bay Lake Tower (next to Contemporary Resort) - Nothing
BRV - Boulder Ridge Villas (next to Wilderness Lodge) - 2 spots in first row of parking - L2 ChargePoint $0.35/kwh (240v; 22-44 miles per hour)
BWV - BoardWalk Villas - Nothing
CCV - Copper Creek Villas & Cabins (in Wilderness Lodge) - See BRV above
OKW - Old Key West Resort - Nothing (Might be various 120v outlets you can reach, but not authorized)
PVB - Polynesian Villas Bungalows - Nothing
RIV/RVA/RR - Riviera Resort - 2 spots in west parking lot - L2 ChargePoint $0.35/kwh (240v; 22-44 miles per hour)
SSR - Saratoga Springs Resort - Nothing (anyone see unauthorized outside outlets like OKW?)
VGF - Villas Grand Floridian - 8 plugs in first row of parking, but not reserved - L1 Free

Last edited:
Other Disney Resorts
Coronado Springs - 6 spots near the main tower bus stop - L2 ChargePoint $0.35/kwh (1 of 6 spots is disabled permit only)

Fort Wilderness - NEMA 14-50 for each campsite and L1 outlets at the cabins

Swan Reserve (Marriott) - 10 spots - L2 ChargePoint (8 spots $0.35/kwh) and Tesla Destination (2 spots free) - Spots are shared with valet parking reserved spots. Need to be a guest of Swan, Dolphin, or Reserve and $29/day.

Shades of Green - 2 spots - L2 Tesla Destination - Shaded in parking deck, Valet only

_________
All other non-DVC Disney resorts not listed above…
Disney's All-Star Movies Resort - None
Disney's All-Star Music Resort - None
Disney's All-Star Sports Resort - None
Disney's Art of Animation Resort - None
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort - None
Disney's Pop Century Resort - None
Disney's Port Orleans Resort French Quarter - None
Disney's Port Orleans Resort Riverside - None
Disney's Yacht Club Resort - Might be an outlet that cast members use to charge a golf cart.

Last edited:
Parks
Animal Kingdom - 4 spots in the Mickey lot - L2 ChargePoint $0.35/kwh
Magic Kingdom - 5 spots: four in the west side of Zurg and one in Jafar - L2 ChargePoint $0.35/kwh
EPCOT - 4 spots in Journey - L2 ChargePoint $0.35/kwh
Hollywood Studios - 4 spots in the left parking lot, row 1 - L2 ChargePoint $0.35/kwh

Disney Springs - Lime Lot (closest garage) - 3 spots, lvl 8-9 top floor exposed to sun - L2 Charge Up - $0.35/kwh $0.75 fee $3/hr after charge fee
Disney Springs - Orange / Mango Lot (west garage) - 3 spots, lvl 5 NE corner exposed to sun - L2 Charge Up $0.35/kwh $3/hr after charge
Disney Springs - Grapefruit Lot (garage across the street) - 3 spots, lvl 3 NE corner exposed to sun - L2 Charge Up $0.35/kwh $0.75 fee $3/hr after charge
Disney Springs - Watermelon surface lot (near Cirque) - 4 spots - L2 ChargePoint $0.40/kwh - one spot is L3

Last edited:
Off-property resorts
I can list them here. I know the Four Seasons and JW Marriott have very nice solutions (no surprise there though).

Last edited:

So here’s a question. Why is Disney so far behind? All of Universal’s hotels have Tesla Destination chargers. I thought Disney was sooooo progressive. Ha. Look at our Mickey solar farm. Ha. Look at our fancy EPCOT attractions. Ha.

So here’s a question. Why is Disney so far behind? All of Universal’s hotels have Tesla Destination chargers. I thought Disney was sooooo progressive. Ha. Look at our Mickey solar farm. Ha. Look at our fancy EPCOT attractions. Ha.
I’ve often wondered the same. Could it be the GM sponsorship of Test Track? Could it be the Honda sponsorship of Autopia (DLR, no autopia in MK?).

“Disney…Progressive except for EVs”.

I thought it‘d be helpful to have a charging thread.
+++
DLR (all chargepoint).

Mickey and Friends: 40+ L2. Park early to ensure vacancy.

Pixar Pier Hotel Garage (closest for VGC and GCH guests): 4 L2. Best time for vacancy seems around 11-2.

DLH North-most Parking Lot: 10+ L2.

Toy Story Lot: 40+ L2. Park anytime and chances are great there will be charging vacancy.

Last edited:
Maybe there is no budget for EV charging with DVC member reserves? I’m not sure the cost to add L2 stations though. Looks like market is $0.35/kwh and it cost about $0.10/kwh from the electric company. I would think they could recoup the upfront cost with these fees.

I wonder if Disney has management that oversees 25 resort hotels? Ha.

Seriously though, is there a mechanism to request our DVC leaders study the situation?

Last edited:
Maybe there is no budget for EV charging with DVC member reserves? I’m not sure the cost to add L2 stations though. Looks like market is $0.35/kwh and it cost about $0.10/kwh from the electric company. I would think they could recoup the upfront cost with these fees.

First thanks for this tread, very helpful.

I would think that since our government is pushing the EVs they should be helping (with financial assistance) to ramp up the ability to charge those EVs.

Maybe Reedy Creek could focus on this? Actually, this might be a reason for delays. Not like the new leaders there are focused on EV infrastructure.

From what I know about Tesla Superchargers and Destination Chargers (having applied for DCs to be installed at my office building)…and extrapolating to third party charging companies like Chargepoint and EvGo:

1. The charging companies seek deals where the host (DVC or Disney management of whatever property) grants parking spots for install of the charging station(s).

2. The charging company (eg. Chargepoint) is responsible for installation.

3. The charging company provides electricity.

The only cost to DVC/Disney is the parking spots.

I don’t think Anaheim/Reedy Creek needs to be involved other than necessary building permits / certifications.

*Disclosures: I don’t work for any company listed above. I am a TSLA shareholder. I own two Model X, a Model S, and a Model Y. Eagerly awaiting Cybertruck.

Last edited:
From what I know about Tesla Superchargers and Destination Chargers (having applied for DCs to be installed at my office building)…and extrapolating to third party charging companies like Chargepoint and EvGo:

1. The charging companies seek deals where the host (DVC or Disney management of whatever property) grants parking spots for install of the charging station(s).

2. The charging company (eg. Chargepoint) is responsible for installation.

3. The charging company provides electricity.

The only cost to DVC/Disney is the parking spots.

I don’t think Anaheim/Reedy Creek needs to be involved other than necessary building permits / certifications.

*Disclosures: I don’t work for any company listed above. I am a TSLA shareholder. I own two Model X, a Model S, and a Model Y. Eagerly awaiting Cybertruck.
That’s right. This is not going to be a Reedy Creek effort. Seems like the current provider ‘ChargePoint’ is more of a pilot at a couple of locations. Although, there are ‘Charge Now’ chargers with the Reedy Creek logo at Springs. There are a couple of Tesla chargers as shades of green…maybe the Saj Maj said ‘fix it’. Ha.

Attached photo is from Grapefruit lot at Disney Springs.

Attachments

• IMG_0461.png
    IMG_0461.png
    124.2 KB · Views: 4
That’s right. This is not going to be a Reedy Creek effort. Seems like the current provider ‘ChargePoint’ is more of a pilot at a couple of locations. Although, there are ‘Charge Now’ chargers with the Reedy Creek logo at Springs. There are a couple of Tesla chargers as shades of green…maybe the Saj Maj said ‘fix it’. Ha.

Attached photo is from Grapefruit lot at Disney Springs.
Good to know about the DS chargers in Grapefruit. I was there this summer and the amount of chargers is insufficient, to say the least, for the size of the garage.

@pkrieger2287 I know you are a Tesla fan...how about this thread as a topic for future DVC Fan topic?

I know that Tesla Model Y's are the single best selling model of passenger vehicle (not just EVs), in the entire WORLD; replacing the Toyota Celica for that title this year. The demand is there now to build out more charging infrastructure. I wouldn't mind hearing a discussion on the missed opportunity of converting to battery electric buses a couple years back, or how about electric trams for WDW and DLR...that would've been a great time to convert don't you guys think? How about Tesla as a sponsor for Test Track or Autopia (can we get a petition going!)?

Guys, please don’t move this to a ‘Transportation’ forum. I’m not trying to help people rent cars flying into MCO. (Punchline, do NOT rent an EV at WDW).

I’m hoping we can start a real conversation about what DVC properties should have. We spend $35,000 for 150 points for our ‘second home’…just don’t drive your car here.

I can delete all the non-DVC lists if needed.

We have Chargepoint at my office (DOE) and they have two chargers in the garage I am using in National Harbor. I think they bought out Blink as well.

I’m not trying to help people rent cars flying into MCO. (Punchline, do NOT rent an EV at WDW).
This is just it though. It’s becoming more and more frequent that the higher end rental places have 30 EVs leftover after they’ve rented out all their gas powered cars, and your choice is an EV or nothing. Do you roll the dice that it will be sufficient and you can make it work? If you have 3 exhausted family members next to you at 9PM you just might! What a bummer to get to your home away from home only to find your car is unchargable.

It’s kind of imperative that DVC / Disney writ large do a LOT better and VERY soon. Whether they want to or not.

I actually drive a PHEV (Kia) and it is much easier to deal with the lack of chargers or the availability of same. It seems to me that even if a location has a bank of chargers, many of them are not in working order at any given time. I think the rental car companies should think about getting more PHEVs for this reason. The JEEP PHEV is pretty sweet, a friend of mine has one. I also heard that Dodge is looking at doing a PHEV RAM pickup.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter