*** Official January 2020 Thread ***

Wow- joining the super planners! The conference we attend in January is back in Orlando in 2020- and so that may be when we try to hit up SW:GE. Unsure of Resort or ticket options at this point or even dates for sure. Don’t want to pull kids out of school for too long, but knowing my family we will also want a day or two at universal (current AP holders there, and likely renewing at least mine and middle kid @as we got to HHN)

I now added on an extra day. So Jan 24- Feb 3rd. Staying AoA LM room for 8 nights and AKL savannah view for 2. So excited!!! 351 days.

Don’t know why I forgot to say this - celebrating my 25th anniversary on Jan 28th. We honeymooned in the world and we will be back for our actual anniversary. Dh doesn’t know about the AKL add on. That is his bucket list resort and going to also surprise him with Jiko ressie.
We didn’t honeymoon there, but did this almost exact thing in August: our 25th, his 50th bday. We went to drive back with dd at end of her DCP, went a few days before hand. DD found great rate at AKL studio so I tried to surprise him with our last 3 days at AKL! started at PoP- I love PoP but wow nothing like a deluxe. We may have closed down Victoria Falls a couple nights:rolleyes1 And we did Jiko for our anniversary dinner! Make sure to do the free tour of the restaurants at Jambo house.

Last edited:
Joining the group - just made our (first ever) DVC booking today for January 20-26, 2020. I'm somewhat amused because, before today, June 2020 was sorted, January 2021 was sorted... but not the "close" date of next winter.

It's just the two of us - myself, my husband - and we're staying at BWV. Looking forward to the walking access to Epcot and DHS, but not the Star Wars mania. I mean, we love Star Wars, but I'm afraid we're going to close to opening. Still, must do what the DVC points require. ;D

We are planning a ladies only trip in Jan 2020. Most likely near the end of the month and into early Feb. Cannot wait. This is the first time going without children and it will be me, my younger sister and my mom. Just a little nervous about the opening of Star Wars and how it will impact crowds.

Joining this discussion thread as my first discussion thread! We are planning a trip for January 2020 and will have an all adult crew of 8! :) Anyone know what rides are typically closed for refurbishments in January?

Joining the group - just made our (first ever) DVC booking today for January 20-26, 2020. I'm somewhat amused because, before today, June 2020 was sorted, January 2021 was sorted... but not the "close" date of next winter.

It's just the two of us - myself, my husband - and we're staying at BWV. Looking forward to the walking access to Epcot and DHS, but not the Star Wars mania. I mean, we love Star Wars, but I'm afraid we're going to close to opening. Still, must do what the DVC points require. ;D

If we can nail down our dates (mostly need my parents to confirm they can watch the kids - it's an anniversary trip for DH and I), I'm hoping to book on points as well. We stayed at BC this past Dec and loved the walk to Epcot! So we're thinking BWV as well.

Add me to the "nervous about Star Wars" group. At least it's opening earlier than I expected. But the crowds will still be insane there I think. I'm just hoping the crowds will calm down at the rest of the parks by late Jan.

If we can nail down our dates (mostly need my parents to confirm they can watch the kids - it's an anniversary trip for DH and I), I'm hoping to book on points as well. We stayed at BC this past Dec and loved the walk to Epcot! So we're thinking BWV as well.

Add me to the "nervous about Star Wars" group. At least it's opening earlier than I expected. But the crowds will still be insane there I think. I'm just hoping the crowds will calm down at the rest of the parks by late Jan.

Yeah, I suspect we may be more of the "walk through and keep going" visitors in Galaxy's Edge. It now looks like we'll be back in 2021 for my parent's 50th anniversary. :)

Next year is our 20th, as well! But our big celebration trip is a cruise up the coast of Norway out of Copenhagen. I can't wait until I can also start planning that. So many trips, nothing to plan yet. :)

We will also be visiting WDW during January 2020. Family of 5 - grandparents, kids and grandchild. We are booked offsite in a Windsor Hills condo but have also booked some nights in a FW campsite for the fastpass, ADR, parking, etc benefits. We'll be spending a week in the parks before heading out on a cruise. Seems likes it's a long way out but I know the time will fly!

Good Morning January goers! We go each year in January, fingers crossed this next year's weather in January will be a bit drier and warmer! Myself and my hubby and 11yo son will be at the Poly, DVC, Jan 11-19th....can't wait!!!!

We will also be visiting WDW during January 2020. Family of 5 - grandparents, kids and grandchild. We are booked offsite in a Windsor Hills condo but have also booked some nights in a FW campsite for the fastpass, ADR, parking, etc benefits. We'll be spending a week in the parks before heading out on a cruise. Seems likes it's a long way out but I know the time will fly!
LOVE your avatar pic!!!!!!

LOVE your avatar pic!!!!!!

Thank you! Love yours too!

We are also very nervous about Galaxy's Edge .. I don't know whether to hope Rise of the Resistance is online by then or not. I would love to see it but it's just another thing to add to the frenzy!

Joining in for late January! We had planned for May 2020 but the kids want to go for Festival of the Arts and my oldest daughter's 10th birthday. Waiting for my husband to check his schedule so we can nail down dates!

Just wanted to give you January folks a heads up. My county’s high schools music departments (orchestra, band and chorus) are all heading to WDW over MLK weekend, arriving Friday and leaving Monday night. Some kind of a Disney musical performance thing. They’re staying at the All Stars. My DD will be among the horde. They’ll be in the parks for 3 days. Don’t know that they’ll make a huge dent in the overall crowds but the All Stars May be loud.

I just booked my flights!!! I have never seen them this low for Delta out of our local airport so I did it! Glad we don't have to drive 2 hours to the big airport even though it was nice to have a direct flight. 295 days!!!!

Hi! My friends and I are planning a girls weekend getaway in January 2020. Jan 16-20, 10 of us. We’re still looking at resorts and haven’t booked anything yet. But we’re excited!

We are going January 18-25! We are staying at BC and can't wait! I'm starting to stress a bit when it comes to planning the trip but I've done it before and I can do it again. :-)

We are going January 25 to February 1, myself, my DS and GS, already booked at POP which is my son's favourite. Hoping Festival of the Arts is on then.

Last edited:
Count us in for Jan 2020! We'll be there the 14th to the 20th at BLT. Me, DBF, his sister & her hubby and 3 kids & mom. With this crew we usually do sometime in late October to early December but the crowds have been getting more and more crowded the last few that we decided to try something new. Can't wait!

We just booked our January 2020 trip!! We'll be celebrating our 20th anniversary...and bringing our 10 year old along for the fun! Just booked AKL for January 25 - February 2...fingers crossed that we're able to re-book in a few months when discounts come out, but we had our hearts set on a savannah view room so we wanted to book it now so we were sure to get it!

Tentatively joining in and impatiently waiting for the 2020 packages to be released!

Looking to book All Star Movies for January 29-February 9...me and my two daughters -- my youngest will be celebrating her 18th birthday!! (She has special needs & cognitively, she's around the level of a 6 or 7 year old, so we're planning lots of princess meet and greets and character meals! lol!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter