"Official" 2022 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

Status
Not open for further replies.
If she has light saber build at 1:25 I think its atleast 30 min depending on which resort you are at you might not make it back to the resort till 3-3:30pm So not sure how much nap or pool time you will get if you want to be at MK for 4pm.
Shoot! That’s no good

Maybe we will try to walk up and do it sooner?

I feel like I’ve failed on planning our party day. It’s a 1/2 day at Hollywood studios, otherwise we only have one other day at HS
Not sure what to do. Also she wants to build a light saber so bad so I can’t give up our slot if she can’t do a walk up sooner
I’m afraid I’ve left no time to rest

Shoot! That’s no good

Maybe we will try to walk up and do it sooner?

I feel like I’ve failed on planning our party day. It’s a 1/2 day at Hollywood studios, otherwise we only have one other day at HS
Not sure what to do. Also she wants to build a light saber so bad so I can’t give up our slot if she can’t do a walk up sooner
I’m afraid I’ve left no time to rest
No other options for HS day? if you can maybe hop over one night? this way you can rest all day than hit up HS for the build than lounge around snack and stuff than head over to MK. Could even take the boat to Epcot and take the monorail over. This way you rest on transportation but also get to wonder around some parks and maybe get some snacks on the way.

No other options for HS day? if you can maybe hop over one night? this way you can rest all day than hit up HS for the build than lounge around snack and stuff than head over to MK. Could even take the boat to Epcot and take the monorail over. This way you rest on transportation but also get to wonder around some parks and maybe get some snacks on the way.
I don’t think so :(

I’m trying to figure it out

We have:

1. Saturday.Arrival night.
2. Sunday. Rest/pool/resort day
3. Monday. AK
4. Tuesday. Half day HS and then Christmas party. This is where I’m concerned! I thought we could do 1/2 day at HS and then rest at resort before the party but now it seems like that’s not possible??? Or cutting it too close? Light saber building is at 1:25pm. Can’t cancel that for sure. What’s the latest we should reasonably get to the party? HELP
5. Wednesday. MK with expected late start.
6. Thursday. Rest day/pool/Disney Springs
7. Friday. Epcot
8. Saturday. Hollywood studios
9. Sunday. 1/2 rest day aka sleep in; then Epcot for later afternoon to close
10. Monday. MK.

The problem too is I don’t want to switch days around since we got really hard to get ADRs like Storybook, space 220, treats and seats, BOG, CRT….

So?????

We have:

3. Monday. AK
4. Tuesday. Half day HS and then Christmas party. This is where I’m concerned! I thought we could do 1/2 day at HS and then rest at resort before the party but now it seems like that’s not possible??? Or cutting it too close? Light saber building is at 1:25pm. Can’t cancel that for sure. What’s the latest we should reasonably get to the party? HELP
7. Friday. Epcot
10. Monday. MK.

The problem too is I don’t want to switch days around since we got really hard to get ADRs like Storybook, space 220, treats and seats, BOG, CRT….

So?????

Any chance you could make your first Sunday a HS day and then take Tuesday to rest before the party? Not sure how hard it would be to get a reservation to build the LS on the Sunday?

We have:

3. Monday. AK
7. Friday. Epcot
10. Monday. MK.

So?????
Just rest/pool in the am than head over to HS around 12:30pm grab snack/lunch build the light saber take some photos with it around the park than bus to Contemporary/Grand Floridian. Grand Floridian is a great place to sit and relax in the main hall till party time. [ The stores can ship the lightsaber home] other than that you can put it in a locker?

Just rest/pool in the am than head over to HS around 12:30pm grab snack/lunch build the light saber take some photos with it around the park than bus to Contemporary/Grand Floridian. Grand Floridian is a great place to sit and relax in the main hall till party time. [ The stores can ship the lightsaber home] other than that you can put it in a locker?
Is this not a big waste of a HS day? To not start early at park opening since we are leaving early?

Any chance you could make your first Sunday a HS day and then take Tuesday to rest before the party? Not sure how hard it would be to get a reservation to build the LS on the Sunday?
This is an interesting idea… I think the only challenging thing, besides trying to get light saber building switched, would be convincing my family that their full rest day is now a 1/2 rest day 😂

A lot of people have posted that the latter half of the day at HS is less crowded than the mornings anyway. So they could still sleep in on Sunday.

Is this not a big waste of a HS day? To not start early at park opening since we are leaving early?
You are going another day according to your schedule. I don't call it a waste either way you wanted to take a break it doesn't matter if it's after the park or before imo.

You are going another day according to your schedule. I don't call it a waste either way you wanted to take a break it doesn't matter if it's after the park or before imo.
No, I only meant that if it's already a partial day anyway then shouldn't we charge it before leaving to rest before the party? If we sleep in/rest and THEN go for a little bit before the party, aren't we shorting ourselves even more? I genuinely don't know?

No, I only meant that if it's already a partial day anyway then shouldn't we charge it before leaving to rest before the party? If we sleep in/rest and THEN go for a little bit before the party, aren't we shorting ourselves even more? I genuinely don't know?
You said the light saber build is really important I don't think it's a waste at all. Plus get some snacks and maybe a short wait line and bam def worth it.

We have:

3. Monday. AK
7. Friday. Epcot
10. Monday. MK.

So?????
You have two other days in MK, so I don't think getting to the party in the 4-6 window is that important for you, unless you're planning to get into a character line in that timeframe. If it's important to you to get that morning in at HS, I think you could get to your resort for 3/3:30 leave around 6 and arrive for the start of the party at 7. (Where you are staying will make this part longer or shorter depending)

But, I will say rope drop to end of party even with a few hours of rest time would be a long day!

I know! My TA is booking the after fireworks dessert party for us tomorrow! Love the area for that and imho it is worth EVERY SINGLE NICKLE we spend, not for the treats but for the non congested viewing space!
there is a party during the party?

ETA: I'm SO SORRY! Dates have not yet been released! But there is hope, they have had them for MNSSHP. And I cannot imagine Disney leaving a goldmine on the table!

Indeed there is!
And I love the Holiday fireworks! That's why the dessert party.
Many feel it's a crazy thing to do, but it's worth it to us old timers not to fight the crowds!

Last edited:
Does WDW allow guests to wear costumes for the Holiday Party Nights?
I know I have seen adorable families in holiday designed matching pajamas but never specific costumes. Thanks

I know! My TA is booking the after fireworks dessert party for us tomorrow! Love the area for that and imho it is worth EVERY SINGLE NICKLE we spend, not for the treats but for the non congested viewing space!
Are the dessert parties finally posted?

I’ve debated booking a dessert party, but this is a short trip is before our cruise. So I’m trying not to go crazy with ADRs and special events. And if I’m being honest I’m also still a bit salty with Disney and some of their cutbacks on experiences and services.

Are the dessert parties finally posted?

I’ve debated booking a dessert party, but this is a short trip is before our cruise. So I’m trying not to go crazy with ADRs and special events. And if I’m being honest I’m also still a bit salty with Disney and some of their cutbacks on experiences and services.
I cant seem to find them if they are

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter