"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
News
MVMCP Exclusive MagicBand Info added to Post #3

Holiday MagicBands
These bands are limited edition and will be available during the holiday season at Disney. There is a Walt Disney World band, a Festival of the Holidays band, and a Mikey’s Very Merry Christmas band.

Walt Disney World Holiday Band
DB83B136-B2C0-4C32-959C-1EA6E8051534.jpeg

E11B2C88-9BF1-483B-8790-7B11789CAF64.jpeg

Epcot - Festival of the Holidays
63713747-BB29-4836-BC60-BB666FF6BF5F.jpeg

3B7688A7-1B6C-463A-9E93-0618FF572C2F.jpeg

MVMCP Exclusive MagicBand
5968B205-BC2E-4700-95A8-2AC06C07CA02.jpeg

https://disneyfashionista.com/new-holiday-magicbands-coming-to-walt-disney-world/

Does the last MVMCP before Thanksgiving week normally sell out? If so, how early? I'm just wondering how long I should wait to make a decision. We are choosing between the 11/22 and 11/24 party but I think the 11/24 will work better with our other plans.

Does the last MVMCP before Thanksgiving week normally sell out? If so, how early? I'm just wondering how long I should wait to make a decision. We are choosing between the 11/22 and 11/24 party but I think the 11/24 will work better with our other plans.
I am wondering the same thing. We are planning to go to the Nov 24 party. I am always hesitant to buy nonrefundable tickets too far in advance though. Speaking of nonrefundable, if an emergency arises and we can’t make the trip, is there any chance of at least a credit for the tickets?

Is there anyone in this thread who has booked a plaza view dessert party for the MVMCP in the month of December? If so, can you give me an idea as to when you booked it? I can't find any availability and it would help me to know if it is simply booked solid or if Disney is holding December bookings. Thanks!

I am wondering the same thing. We are planning to go to the Nov 24 party. I am always hesitant to buy nonrefundable tickets too far in advance though. Speaking of nonrefundable, if an emergency arises and we can’t make the trip, is there any chance of at least a credit for the tickets?

Page 1 - Ghosts of Christmas Past, has links to previous threads. Sold Out dates and dates they sold out on are listed.

I went last year, Friday before Thanksgiving, it felt extremely crowded based on always attending the last 2 parties in December. However, we were able to do what we wanted - characters, parade, fireworks, free treats, Magic Shots.

News

Loungefly’s Disney Holiday Designs Celebrate Holiday Magic!

Holiday Park Treat mini backpack!
received_8797864790720816094188734338992508.jpeg

Santa Mickey mini backpack!
received_22879657014527155183265456867302909.jpeg

https://disneyfashionista.com/loungeflys-disney-holiday-designs-celebrate-holiday-magic/
I need them both!!!! :santa:

It's too bad I've had not one, not two, but three Loungefly bags fall apart and they won't stand behind them because I didn't buy the bags directly from them. I'm so over Loungfly at this point. Their stuff is so cute, but it's so cheaply made for the price tag that they are charging.

Can someone teach me about Tony's like I'm 5? Pay $100 for select viewing of a parade and some cookies? It's only for a 930 parade? I've never done MVMCP before and I want my family to have as good of a time as possible. But I don't want to spend another 100 just for viewing and cookies. Do you get more/better food there at all?

Again, just assume I'm 5 and trying to learn all about this. Thanks!:listen:

I wonder which day would be my best choice for the Christmas Party. I could choose between 11/11, 11/12 and 11/14 - any advices what would be my best bet regarding lower crowds?

Can someone teach me about Tony's like I'm 5? Pay $100 for select viewing of a parade and some cookies? It's only for a 930 parade? I've never done MVMCP before and I want my family to have as good of a time as possible. But I don't want to spend another 100 just for viewing and cookies. Do you get more/better food there at all?

Again, just assume I'm 5 and trying to learn all about this. Thanks!:listen:

Tony's lasts from 9:30 PM to 12:30AM. You get access to a reserved viewing area for the second parade. Tony's will provide all you care to enjoy hot & cold hors d'oeuvres, desserts, and drinks (including alcohol for those who are of age and partake). Most reviews for the 2018 party (first year it was offered) were mixed, not really liking the hot food provided but enjoyed the cold foods (ex: antipasto) and dessertts. You can come and go as you like.

Bullet points

-Access to reserved area for second parade viewing
-All you care to enjoy food & drink (including alcohol). Food had mixed reviews.
-Lasts three hours but free to come and go as you please. Ends at 12:30, half an hr after the MVMCP

Might be Worth it if:
-Your group is fairly small
-You plan on staying on Main Street & the hub to stake out spots for fireworks, castle show, and parade once 9:00 (or earlier) rolls around.
-You want a chance to get indoors and take a load off.
-You partake in alcohol

Probably Not worth it if
-You want to do rides and/or meet as many characters as possible.
-Your group includes kids (it is the same price across the board), who can't fully partake in the offerings. Plus depending on age, they may not want to wait for later shows.
-You have the chance to be there for an extra MVMCP/General park day. If you can afford Tony's, ask if you wouldn't rather put that money toward attending a second MVMCP or even an extra day at the park.

Last edited:
Is there anyone in this thread who has booked a plaza view dessert party for the MVMCP in the month of December? If so, can you give me an idea as to when you booked it? I can't find any availability and it would help me to know if it is simply booked solid or if Disney is holding December bookings. Thanks!
I’ve been checking since my 180 day window opened, and nothing past 11/22 has been open for booking for some reason.

This is the first time (in recent years, at least) that’s there’s been a Friday party AND a Sunday party. Usually the Friday before thanksgiving is the last one until after the holiday. I suspect both will sell out, though, as the Friday before historically has, so pick the date that works best with your schedule. And if it’s the 24th, see ya there!!

I wonder which day would be my best choice for the Christmas Party. I could choose between 11/11, 11/12 and 11/14 - any advices what would be my best bet regarding lower crowds?
All good dates really, but the 12th is projected lowest based on a touring plans article I read.

I chose Dec 5th over the 3rd based on their recommendation, so fingers crossed!

We poked two parties. The 12th and the 14th. We wanted one night for characters

News

Walt Disney World Announced Dates for Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!
This popular nighttime spectacular is set to return from November 8th, 2019 through January 5th, 2020.

The show features scenes from a variety of Disney holiday films and scenes like Prep & Landing, A Nightmare Before Christmas, Mickey’s Christmas Carol, Beauty and the Beast and more. The show also incorporates lights, lasers, projected imagery, fireworks and more to bring the holidays to guests on the Chinese Theater.

With the event, there is usually a Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! Dessert Party that is offered on event nights so that guests can enjoy themed food and beverages with a reserved viewing of the show. We haven’t head the dates or pricing for the dessert party offering yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter