"Official" 2019 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party: Oh-So-Jolly Holiday Celebration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering now if we should attend 2 parties! Last 2 parties though so it’s both busy :scratchin DH is gonna kill me!:rotfl2:

Honestly, with the way crowds are sounding, it seems almost like three parties are going to be necessary🤣. Looking at how the crowds built up over the years I wouldn't be surprised if Disney did that on purpose to create demand for those extras (Fireworks dessert party & Tony's Most Merriest).

My dad and I split the cost of two parties and I already know we probably won't do rides as tempting as Space Mountain sounds. I'm prioritizing shows & characters.

To paraphrase a quote from Leonard Snart: make a plan, execute the plan, expect the Disney crowds to force the plan off the rails, throw away the plan

Honestly, with the way crowds are sounding, it seems almost like three parties are going to be necessary🤣. Looking at how the crowds built up over the years I wouldn't be surprised if Disney did that on purpose to create demand for those extras (Fireworks dessert party & Tony's Most Merriest).

My dad and I split the cost and I already know we probably won't do rides as tempting as Space Mountain sounds. I'm prioritizing shows & characters.

To paraphrase a quote from Leonard Snart: make a plan, execute the plan, expect the Disney crowds to force the plan off the rails, throw away the plan
Very true! And since we don’t have day tickets, seems like a must. I just looked at universal Orlando hours and am so surprised their parks close at 9. Seems early for Christmas season, all the more reason to buy Xmas party tickets! :rotfl:

I wonder thought how are they going to do the overlays only for the Xmas party. Seems so difficult especially for the speedway?

Space Mountain was great for MNSSHP and VAH so I will definitely be doing it again! I probably love Monster's Inc more than the average person so that is a must-do for me too! Excited to see some new things to help keep MVMCP "fresh" year after year.
I love monsters inc! We’ve been chosen 2 or 3 times to be on the screen but always forget to record it

Will the special Christmas fireworks show be shown only on party nights? I’ll be there Thanksgiving week and was wondering if the fireworks will be Happily Ever After or Christmas?

Does anyone have any recommendations for TS dining on Christmas Eve or brunch on Christmas Day? I can't seem to find any info on 2019 Christmas Day dining options.

Google search should give plenty of past options.
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/walt-disney-world-christmas-dining-and-events/https://www.wdwinfo.com/holidays/Christmasdining.htmhttp://allears.net/walt-disney-world/wdw-planning/where-to-dine-christmas-day/
If you want specifics for 2019, that's generally not released until later in the year.

We have done HDDMR and MBYBBQ on Christmas Day. We haven't had Christmas dinner in the parks. We go to MK on Christmas day and leave around 2-2:30. We've done BoG on Christmas Eve. We've also done CP w/dinner @ Le Cellier and GG on Christmas Eve.

Hope this helps. Happy planning!:santa:

Google search should give plenty of past options.
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/walt-disney-world-christmas-dining-and-events/https://www.wdwinfo.com/holidays/Christmasdining.htmhttp://allears.net/walt-disney-world/wdw-planning/where-to-dine-christmas-day/
If you want specifics for 2019, that's generally not released until later in the year.

We have done HDDMR and MBYBBQ on Christmas Day. We haven't had Christmas dinner in the parks. We go to MK on Christmas day and leave around 2-2:30. We've done BoG on Christmas Eve. We've also done CP w/dinner @ Le Cellier and GG on Christmas Eve.

Hope this helps. Happy planning!:santa:

Thank you. Booked Ale and Compass Christmas Day Brunch...may change depending g what comes up but just wanted to make sure I had something.

Very true! And since we don’t have day tickets, seems like a must. I just looked at universal Orlando hours and am so surprised their parks close at 9. Seems early for Christmas season, all the more reason to buy Xmas party tickets! :rotfl:

I wonder thought how are they going to do the overlays only for the Xmas party. Seems so difficult especially for the speedway?

It's always been kind of a shock at how early Disney closes during the week at this time of year. I always think of FL being warm year round. I know that isn't the case (though I could have sworn I went in August this past February🤣). Point is I always feel like they closes too early during the holiday season (even on days without the party/setup).

Curious how they do the overlays but not enough to skip over other things when I plan on riding Space Mountain normally

It's always been kind of a shock at how early Disney closes during the week at this time of year. I always think of FL being warm year round. I know that isn't the case (though I could have sworn I went in August this past February🤣). Point is I always feel like they closes too early during the holiday season (even on days without the party/setup).

Curious how they do the overlays but not enough to skip over other things when I plan on riding Space Mountain normally
You should have come last week when it was WDW was basically an oven! :rotfl2:

Yes, I’m really surprised how early the parks close considering it’s one of the busiest time of the year! Then again, last week, most of the parks closed early-ish too. 9-10pm. I’m really leaning towards buying that other set of tickets... :rotfl::scratchin:rotfl:now how to I tell DH!

You should have come last week when it was WDW was basically an oven! :rotfl2:

Yes, I’m really surprised how early the parks close considering it’s one of the busiest time of the year! Then again, last week, most of the parks closed early-ish too. 9-10pm. I’m really leaning towards buying that other set of tickets... :rotfl::scratchin:rotfl:now how to I tell DH!

I'm a big believer in begging forgiveness instead of asking permission...

We did the party years ago and didn’t do half of the activities because we ran out of time. I’m thinking about going twice in November but I see the tickets are non-refundable. What if we change our minds and don’t want to do the second party, are we stuck?

Can FP be made in another park as well as FP during the 4 - 6 window during the party (6 FP total) on the same day?

Do APs get in earlier than 4:00 p.m. on MVMCP days? I thought I read somewhere that AP holders get in at 2, and regular ticket holders get in at 4.

Do APs get in earlier than 4:00 p.m. on MVMCP days? I thought I read somewhere that AP holders get in at 2, and regular ticket holders get in at 4.
DVC can get in at 2pm and they do not need any other type of ticket or AP, just MVMCP admission and a blue DVC card.

Valid APs (no blackout) can enter the park the minute it opens, get a band at 4pm, and stay through the party with MVMCP admission.

DVC can get in at 2pm and they do not need any other type of ticket or AP, just MVMCP admission and a blue DVC card.

Valid APs (no blackout) can enter the park the minute it opens, get a band at 4pm, and stay through the party with MVMCP admission.

Thank you - as stated in the other post, I had a very dense moment. :santa::crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter