Official 2016 Princess Half Marathon Thread

I've been naturally waking up at 3:30 every morning for weeks. I usually go back to sleep but I've been telling myself that it is my body getting itself ready for Princess.

I'm looking at the pictures from this weekend's races and A) I wonder how many of those "costume" pieces make it across the finish line, and B) I'm impressed with anyone who can run with all that stuff on. I can barely stand a headband let alone tentacles. And I'm equally impressed with folks who can throw on an old cotton t-shirt and a pair of shorts and go run 13 miles. I think I'm high maintenance!

I must say I am a bit nervous about the upcoming GSC.... I have done all of the training runs, Galloway Plan, and have done several previous races.... but for some reason this one is making me nervous.... I had a dream last night that we didn't pick up our packets until 20 minutes before the start and your bibs were hats that looked like Pooh Bear?????

That would make costuming pretty easy.

I keep telling myself that I should be "sleep training" as well as "run training" to get used to the early mornings. I live on Mountain time as well. The thought of waking up at 1 or 1:30 my time scares me!

I'm on Pacific time, so I'm basically waking up the night before. It's not as bad as you think.

I've been naturally waking up at 3:30 every morning for weeks. I usually go back to sleep but I've been telling myself that it is my body getting itself ready for Princess.

I'm looking at the pictures from this weekend's races and A) I wonder how many of those "costume" pieces make it across the finish line, and B) I'm impressed with anyone who can run with all that stuff on. I can barely stand a headband let alone tentacles. And I'm equally impressed with folks who can throw on an old cotton t-shirt and a pair of shorts and go run 13 miles. I think I'm high maintenance!

I don't know how they do it either. Here's a secret...not all of them do! I saw lots of tutus and costume pieces on the side of the road and in trash cans along the course.

So proud of DH! We are trying to talk him into the 5k at Avengers so he said he would run and see how he did. Well today we ran 2 miles in the rain and cold! We did a 13:51 & 14:06 which I think is awesome for his first run! We were going to do 4 miles but our faces and ears were frozen. I told him he could wait till warmer weather to start training lol! But now I know to sign him up in April! :)

Running 9 tomorrow! How many of you have some of your longer runs coming up? I like to taper off 2 weeks or so before the race, so trying to get a few more 9-10 milers in before the end of the month!
I did an 8-mile "ralk" yesterday. Started off dry and got more drizzly as I went on. But I must say, I'm pretty proud of myself.

Quick question for you all:
A friend was going to run the half with me (I'm doing 5K and GSC) and so I bought us both race retreat. But her knee is down for the count and she had to defer, does her race retreat also defer? I know it's not refundable, but could I gift it to another runner maybe?
I have a similar situation. If you bought the race retreat, you will pick up the race retreat wristbands. Just give the wristband to another runner to wear to get into the retreat. I spoke to a lady at RunDisney who gave me this information. She said they don't match up the runner with the wristband. I hope this works for both of us, but I can't imagine why it wouldn't.

Hi all- New runner here. I'm running the 10k and will be in the last corral. Can anyone give me an idea when our group will start the race? I'm questioning out breakfast plans as we get closer to race day. Thank you!

Hi all- New runner here. I'm running the 10k and will be in the last corral. Can anyone give me an idea when our group will start the race? I'm questioning out breakfast plans as we get closer to race day. Thank you!
If you're in the last corral, you'll be starting about an hour after the "official" start time - so closer to 6:30AM. Lately there have been fewer corrals in the 5K and 10K, but they start further apart (every 8-10 minutes) compared to the half marathon.

Did 11 miles today it was my best long run yet! (And I just trained for Wine & Dine...just didn't get to run the whole half...) and it was in the rain. My pace was just more consistent, and when my husband drove over to check on me in the rain I was feeling really good which was an awesome surprise. Of course, I'm sore now, but I was telling myself I can't believe I feel so good 2 miles from a half!

Did 11 miles today it was my best long run yet! (And I just trained for Wine & Dine...just didn't get to run the whole half...) and it was in the rain. My pace was just more consistent, and when my husband drove over to check on me in the rain I was feeling really good which was an awesome surprise. Of course, I'm sore now, but I was telling myself I can't believe I feel so good 2 miles from a half!

I'm so proud of you! If you can do 11, you can do 13.1. No problem!

Congrats on all the long runs this weekend! Everyone is doing so great. My training has me doing 3 yesterday and 5 today.

After reading about the rain for the 10K this weekend, I decided that I had better start breaking in a new pair of running shoes. I'm going to bring three pairs, one for each morning. I also did a short run with my new sparkle skirt this week to test it out.

I have a few friends at WDW for marathon weekend. They have been posting pics on FB. It's getting me so excited. :-)

After reading about the rain for the 10K this weekend, I decided that I had better start breaking in a new pair of running shoes. I'm going to bring three pairs, one for each morning. I also did a short run with my new sparkle skirt this week to test it out.

I was thinking I might pick up another pair of shoes too. Right now I need to track down some newspaper to put in mine after a wet run yesterday if they're still wet. A backup may be a good idea.

I was thinking I might pick up another pair of shoes too. Right now I need to track down some newspaper to put in mine after a wet run yesterday if they're still wet. A backup may be a good idea.

I have super sensitive feet, so when my favorite Brooks Transcend were upgraded last year I stocked up on the originals. I have four pair. Haha! It took me forever to find a shoe that didn't give me either foot, or shin problems.

I have super sensitive feet, so when my favorite Brooks Transcend were upgraded last year I stocked up on the originals. I have four pair. Haha! It took me forever to find a shoe that didn't give me either foot, or shin problems.

Ironically I had just noticed the same thing with my Altras and that they have the current model on sale everywhere so I think a second pair is a good grab!

If you're in the last corral, you'll be starting about an hour after the "official" start time - so closer to 6:30AM. Lately there have been fewer corrals in the 5K and 10K, but they start further apart (every 8-10 minutes) compared to the half marathon.

Thanks for the info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter