Official 2016 Princess Half Marathon Thread

I have 10 planned for tomorrow but I am really nervous for it as my 9 two weeks ago went horribly! I was starting to get over being sick but I needed to get out and do a long run. I knew the first few miles that it wasn't going to be pretty. By mile 7 I couldn't run more than a minute and a half without walking. The last two miles were horrible. I should have listened to my body and not finished... but I had to do 9 according to "my plan". I really hope my 10 for tomorrow is better. I plan on an 11 in 2 weeks and a 12 in 4 weeks. The other weekends will be back to back runs of about 4 miles each. I only went up to 10.5 for PDC last year, it wasn't pretty, but I did it. I'm hoping going up to 12 helps me a bit more.

I have 10 planned for tomorrow but I am really nervous for it as my 9 two weeks ago went horribly! I was starting to get over being sick but I needed to get out and do a long run. I knew the first few miles that it wasn't going to be pretty. By mile 7 I couldn't run more than a minute and a half without walking. The last two miles were horrible. I should have listened to my body and not finished... but I had to do 9 according to "my plan". I really hope my 10 for tomorrow is better. I plan on an 11 in 2 weeks and a 12 in 4 weeks. The other weekends will be back to back runs of about 4 miles each. I only went up to 10.5 for PDC last year, it wasn't pretty, but I did it. I'm hoping going up to 12 helps me a bit more.

Sending you Pixie Dust and Magical vibes.... Your run will be fabulous.

I must say I am a bit nervous about the upcoming GSC.... I have done all of the training runs, Galloway Plan, and have done several previous races.... but for some reason this one is making me nervous.... I had a dream last night that we didn't pick up our packets until 20 minutes before the start and your bibs were hats that looked like Pooh Bear?????

Running 9 tomorrow! How many of you have some of your longer runs coming up? I like to taper off 2 weeks or so before the race, so trying to get a few more 9-10 milers in before the end of the month!
I am following the Jeff Galloway training plan so I have 3 tomorrow and 11 on Sunday.

I must say I am a bit nervous about the upcoming GSC.... I have done all of the training runs, Galloway Plan, and have done several previous races.... but for some reason this one is making me nervous.... I had a dream last night that we didn't pick up our packets until 20 minutes before the start and your bibs were hats that looked like Pooh Bear?????

Don't worry, I get pre-race jitters all the time, and this will be my 6th half marathon (5th PHM). I had a dream about a month ago that we went to packet pick-up, but stuff kept getting in our way (crowds, booths, cars & buses) so we wound up picking up our bibs and race shirts really, really late. In my dream, we were literally pinning on our bibs as we ran to catch the last corral, which makes no sense since packet pick-up is the day before the race not the day of, but whatever.

I also had a dream recently that I overslept every day and wound up missing all the races.

I'm getting a little nervous about this. All my runs have been on the treadmill lately. It's just been too cold or dark to run outside. Everything I read says you need to get some pavement miles in and not make a sudden switch. I'm just not sure I'll be able to. We are planning on doing a short, easy run around the resort on Friday morning but I'm guessing that's not enough.

One year I did ALL my runs on the TM for the Princess Half...it went fine. Probably not the best plan, but I am a wimp and under 50, too windy, or rain and I stay inside on the TM. Good luck getting out!

One year I did ALL my runs on the TM for the Princess Half...it went fine. Probably not the best plan, but I am a wimp and under 50, too windy, or rain and I stay inside on the TM. Good luck getting out!

I did every run but the last long run for TOT 2013 on the treadmill. I had managed to train perfectly, having had a decent incline set, and having the speed set to a lower speed than I was running. Figured that one out towards the end when I noticed that I had the same pace (footfalls) as people next to me, but their treadmill's set pace was WAY higher than mine. This combo meant that my hamstrings were really getting involved to move the belt, and it went well. I mean, I'm still slow, and the heat that year was so difficult, but I actually felt that running on the ground was easier than what I had been doing on the treadmill. (except for the cloverleafs when a fireball went off, LOL...not sure if that's something unique to TOT but the fireballs were evil)

My cousin and I finally decided that we aren't hitting any parks. So glad! So I got rid of my BOG reservations that I was kinda looking forward to. Now a few days later I'm feeling better about that. There's nothing wrong with pure relaxation.

Ok, after WEEKS of trying, I finally got a BOG lunch reservation! I know some don't like it but DD26 and I have gone on every trip so it's a tradition for us. Plus the time I was able to get was on a MK day and fits perfectly between our 7DMT and POT FP+ times. Yay for getting the Grey Stuff one more time! :)

So jealous of all of you doing this this year. Seeing the medals that were released the other day makes my desire to do the GSC next year even stronger!

So if medals being released wasn't motivating enough, I received my medal hanger in the mail today. I opened it and started crying. With being in remission from cancer, I didn't know if I would make it to see this years' GSC. Now we are just 49 days away!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 44
So if medals being released wasn't motivating enough, I received my medal hanger in the mail today. I opened it and started crying. With being in remission from cancer, I didn't know if I would make it to see this years' GSC. Now we are just 49 days away!!!
I love it!

Bring in the crazy race dreams! I have them all the one! I already had one for GSC.

Honestly though I am nervous too. I don't know why since I trained for W&D, but I think not being able to complete that half due to the shortened course messed with my mind. Hopefully after these last couple of long runs I'll have more confidence.

First, congrats on remission and kicking cancers butt! I cried when I got my medal hanger too! (And I don't have bear as good of a reason!)

Where did you order your hanger?

It has been SO MUCH fun this week following all the Marathon races online. I have not worked as much as I should have! LOL!
It is inspiring me to get in my training runs in this weekend. Good luck to all those Princess runners! We are cheering for you!!!

What time do we need to be in the corrals each day? Bus pick up starts at 3;30??
Living in Colorado and being on Mountain time- I am going to try and get up early several days before the races to try and manage the jet lag.
Where the morning times different for the 5K vs the 10 and half?

Thanks so much!
Beverly

I love it! Where did you get it?

I have 11 planned for tomorrow.

Also faollowing the Galloway plan so I'm on track with you I think. Although for Wine & Dine I only ran up to 13.

Ugh, it is supposed to rain here all morning tomorrow so even if I get up at 5 to run like I do during the week I will get caught in the rain. Not excited about that! But I don't really have time for 11 miles on Sunday before church. Decisions, decisions.

It's no fun, but I look at it as good practice for the races. I tried to train in all kinds of weather conditions.

Also, I have to mention my own crazy race dream. I think it was last year...I dreamt that I was at the start line and had never picked up my bib. I was running all over the place trying to find packet pickup before the race started. Definitely a nightmare!

I had a dream last night that we didn't pick up our packets until 20 minutes before the start and your bibs were hats that looked like Pooh Bear?????

OK I really love the first part (this day-before thing is not loved by me), and I think the second bit is awesomely hilarious. :)

What time do we need to be in the corrals each day? Bus pick up starts at 3;30??
Living in Colorado and being on Mountain time- I am going to try and get up early several days before the races to try and manage the jet lag.

I keep telling myself that I should be "sleep training" as well as "run training" to get used to the early mornings. I live on Mountain time as well. The thought of waking up at 1 or 1:30 my time scares me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter