Nikon D5000 Question

budafam

DIS Veteran
We have a Nikon D5000 and I am not at all camera literate. We've had it for about a year now. When we first got it, it was great. Taking pictures whenever we clicked the button. We began playing with settings and now it hardly EVER takes a picture when we click the button. It seems to take too long to find a focus point (I have tried manual focus but usually end up with blurry photos).

I would just love to get it back to how it was when we first got it. I miss too many pictures and am worried about our first trip to Disney :( We had an Easter egg hunt for the kids this morning and more than half of my pics were blurry and I missed a ton of good shots :( Any advice? Thanks in advance!

I would think that it is in full automatic mode, then you are not making hardly any decisions for the camera anyway, so make sure you are on that mode. Also check to see if you have the focus points set in a way where it is causing it to hunt a lot. You could also pull out the manual to see if there is a way to reset the camera to factory. Sometimes just leaving the battery out for a week or so will do this as well. You might also want to start reading up on how to control it. Even if you can only take in a little bit of the manual at a time, it will be beneficial.

Just set it back to factory defaults and make sure you haven't knocked the switch on the lens into manual.

Even if you never take it out of auto (which you really should) you should study the user's manual so you at least know your camera's menus in case something like this happens again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter