News Round Up 2017

It's only going to keep receding as universal expands (especially if and when they get on that third gate)

It'll be interesting. In my opinion Universal is still riding on Potter's success. If the Dragon Challenge substitute becomes a reality I think they'll be in a better position to face Star Wars. Otherwise, I think this number will change in Disney's favor before Nintendo land becomes a thing.

It'll be interesting. In my opinion Universal is still riding on Potter's success. If the Dragon Challenge substitute becomes a reality I think they'll be in a better position to face Star Wars. Otherwise, I think this number will change in Disney's favor before Nintendo land becomes a thing.
Pandora has renewed interest in AK and Star Wars will definitely help. I think Disney is okay.

We actually love MS Orange. I got stuck with Living with the Land and Turtle Talk FPs for the 2 days. We like both but don't usually have to use an FP for these.

Mission Space Orange is my favorite ride in any WDW park. I hope they continue with their rumored plans to do minor updates to the video and/or storyline in advance of the 50th and keep this awesome ride indefinitely!

Mission Space Orange is my favorite ride in any WDW park. I hope they continue with their rumored plans to do minor updates to the video and/or storyline in advance of the 50th and keep this awesome ride indefinitely!

If any ride should have a "different result each ride" it's that one. They have you push those stupid buttons that due nothing. Rather than randomizing, have the ride results change based on what you press. (Yes - this will be a bit limited because the entire ride mechanism is on the same spinner, but you could still program variations within that limitation.) If that's too complicated, then just randomize the whole ride.

If any ride should have a "different result each ride" it's that one. They have you push those stupid buttons that due nothing. Rather than randomizing, have the ride results change based on what you press. (Yes - this will be a bit limited because the entire ride mechanism is on the same spinner, but you could still program variations within that limitation.) If that's too complicated, then just randomize the whole ride.
When we go, we tend to just start playing with all the buttons and switches....if there are strangers in there with us, they also seem to enjoy our "enhancements" of talking back to "Lt. Dan", er, I mean Mission Control.

We love the ride, but I agree that the story really does need updating.

The amount of full or over flowing trash cans I've seen over two days is ridiculous. I know it's busy but jeez.

I agree, on Sunday there was a completely overflowed trash can on the test track queue. They have to start doing something about this it's getting bad.

The amount of full or over flowing trash cans I've seen over two days is ridiculous. I know it's busy but jeez.

I agree, on Sunday there was a completely overflowed trash can on the test track queue. They have to start doing something about this it's getting bad.

I'm always so intrigued by these posts. I'm in the parks at least 30 hours a week as a guest, and I've never noticed it to be a problem (with one exception). I can't stand by a trashcan for more than 10 minutes without needing to move so custodial can empty it.

The TTC trashcans are always full. It doesn't seem to matter when I am there. But those are not the norm in my experience.

Not doubting that it's a problem for some - maybe I just don't notice it anymore - but I've never thought of it to be A Thing

I'm always so intrigued by these posts. I'm in the parks at least 30 hours a week as a guest, and I've never noticed it to be a problem (with one exception). I can't stand by a trashcan for more than 10 minutes without needing to move so custodial can empty it.

The TTC trashcans are always full. It doesn't seem to matter when I am there. But those are not the norm in my experience.

Not doubting that it's a problem for some - maybe I just don't notice it anymore - but I've never thought of it to be A Thing
Well the NRJ one was the worst I have seen. I just walked by one in the little mermaid queue and that was full. I saw others in AK yesterday.

Are there any rumors about late hours at AK after the first week of July? The 'emh every night ends' July 4th. Then there are only morning emh scheduled. Hours throughout the fall still list the park as closing at 7pm. I assume regular hours will be extended until 9ish most nights, but it would be great to have some evening emh at least once or twice a week as well. We never do morning hours, so I really miss the late hours at AK and HS.

Well the NRJ one was the worst I have seen. I just walked by one in the little mermaid queue and that was full. I saw others in AK yesterday.

It sounds like queue ones are the most problematic? I'm never in lines so it makes sense why I don't notice it. Those are also the areas that are hardest to reach simply because the area is filled with guests who can't go anywhere.

That's an interesting situation to be solved.

Are there any rumors about late hours at AK after the first week of July? The 'emh every night ends' July 4th. Then there are only morning emh scheduled. Hours throughout the fall still list the park as closing at 7pm. I assume regular hours will be extended until 9ish most nights, but it would be great to have some evening emh at least once or twice a week as well. We never do morning hours, so I really miss the late hours at AK and HS.
I'm REALLY hoping the EMH is extended. I arrive that Friday and would love to see Pandora that late!

Please don't hold it against the cast members. Especially the Animal Kingdom front line cast members. Every single department is severely over worked. There are nowhere near enough cast members. I work in quick service and our full timers have been working 60 and 70 hours every week for months now. I'm part time and I've been doing between 35 and 48 hours a week since March.

Please don't hold it against the cast members. Especially the Animal Kingdom front line cast members. Every single department is severely over worked. There are nowhere near enough cast members. I work in quick service and our full timers have been working 60 and 70 hours every week for months now. I'm part time and I've been doing between 35 and 48 hours a week since March.
I don't but I think there should be a better system for the queue trash cans as that seems to be where the problem is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter