• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Thank you for this information. I am a seasoned AP and doing this kind of rope drop with my two seasoned teens would be easy. However, my brother is coming out early August with his 4 kids ranging in age from 3 to 11 along with other extended family. SWGE is a must, but I don't think trying to get them all corralled into the front and having them keep up will work. We will hit SWGE in the afternoon and just plan to wait in the line.

Anyone know what the lines are like late morning? Still very long? What about early afternoon, about 1-ish?

Honestly...don't go to SWGE first thing. Just don't. Enjoy the practically empty rest of the park and head to SWGE after 3pm, or even after 5pm. Evening is much better, with the lighting, the dinner menu at Docking Bay 7 (that Shaak roast meal is the best CS meal I've ever had at a Disney park), doing Ogas is better at night (feels more natural to drink at night, to me) and the line for the ride will likely be under an hour. Also, the land is HOT during the day if it is sunny because there's isn't much shade at all.

The lines was 90 minutes last Sunday at 11:15am. We used a DAS which is the only reason why we were there at that time.

Hey everyone. We are booking our trip this week for the first week of October. It sure how Busy DL is but school in and no holidays it could be a good time.

What’s the best strategy for GE? Get in line a few hrs early? Just make a mad dash. Lol

Thanks
Since you have several days in the parks, I would avoid the mad dash to SWGE first thing in the morning. Unless you and your group are very fast walkers and can keep up at the front of the pack, you're likely to find yourself caught in the biggest part of the pack heading for MFSR -- which means a long line, right off the bat. As the pp advised, skip SWGE first thing and enjoy the less crowded parts of the park. Ride rides and have a good time! Then, head over to GE when the crowds balance out. Keep watching the app to see how the ride line is doing. There are times during the day when it dips below an hour. That's the time to jump in and enjoy all the theming in the queue. (The line does tend to move faster than the posted time.) You can certainly try the mad dash one day, but, personally, I don't think it will be necessary to enjoy GE.

So, I just read on anther board that the beer flight at Oga's is no longer on the menu and that they are sold out of of both the Porg and the Yub Nub souvenir glasses. I went to look at the menu and it isn't available. Does anyone think they will restock these or are those of us who waited a bit just out of luck?

One time, we did hit SWGE first. We’re both fast walkers who were able to stay at the front of the pack and get on MFSR with about a 15-minute wait. What you have to realize, though, is that this is a rope-drop MARATHON, from Frontierland/Adventureland all the way around, through Critter Country, and through the entirety of SWGE. Also, I knew exactly where I was going the whole time, which gave us a serious leg up over many of the rope-droppers.

The person in front of us in line at MSFR said their tracker reported .78 miles for the trek.

Follow-up to yesterday’s question about getting an Olga’s reservation: Since I’ve had 2 CM’s tell me that all reservations are gone by 7:20 am, I asked an Oga’s line CM about tips for getting a reservation when we visited SWGE last night. She recommended logging into the website (since the app redirects to the website anyway) or calling. The website was completely useless this morning and kept crashing, so I called Disney Dining, who redirected me to the SWGE info line, and I managed to get an afternoon reservation for 10 people! Yay!

My advice based on this is just to just call the SWGE info line at 714-300-7805. YMMV, but I waited less than one minute on the phone. And FWIW, we visited SWGE during the fireworks last night, and not only was it incredibly beautiful, but the wait for MFSR was less than 30 min (posted 50 min). Great way to end the day!

This is super helpful. I also saw an update elsewhere that said soon we'll be able to book in advance? Right now all the dates are loaded (as if it was a regular reservation), but none are available. I hope they open up, because I'd love to have something in advance as opposed to day-of

Two questions if anyone can provide some insight.

If we get into the park for the Extra Magic Hour, will we have an advantage getting on MSFR first thing in the morning? And where exactly should we go to wait for SWGE to open?

Have the droid personality chips been restocked? I heard some colors of droid pieces had also sold out, so have those been restocked now? TIA!

There's a link on the sidebar here rn saying that Oga's reservations are now being booked in the app instead of being redirected to the website, just fyi.
It looks like you can see the full 60 days on the app but still only book for the same day. Do we know if there are plans to make it fully work like all other restaurants or keeping it same day only?

Update; so it turns out you can make Savi's and Oga's 14 days in advance so I was able to book both today for our trip in a week and a half.

Last edited:
Two questions if anyone can provide some insight.

If we get into the park for the Extra Magic Hour, will we have an advantage getting on MSFR first thing in the morning? And where exactly should we go to wait for SWGE to open?

On early opening morning, there are CM's directing the flow of people around the hub. You will be held at Frontierland entrance from 7am to 8am.

At 8am you will be allowed to walk to the Critter Country entrance to SWGE.

Be warned however, that this is a long walk and as per many previous posters in this thread, unless you walk FAST and with purpose, you will get passed by alot of people and any advantage you had while waiting in line will be gone. The wait time reaches over 60 minutes as soon as the land opens

The early morning is the WORST time to go to SWGE. If you have early opening access, you are are wasting that time waiting in line for SWGE.

You are also wasting the first 2 hours after general opening when the headliner rides in the rest of the park are at their lowest wait times

Have the droid personality chips been restocked? I heard some colors of droid pieces had also sold out, so have those been restocked now? TIA!
Personality chips were available when I was there on Monday. They still have all the droid pieces displayed but I think there are still some that are out of stock.

So, I just saw on another site that both Oga's and Savi's are moving to a 14 day reservation system. It said that guests can make reservations up to 14 days in advance but that additional reservations will be opened on the actual day so the Cantina won't be booked fully 2 weeks ahead.

Update: so I tried to book Savi's for the Sunday of our trip (when we were going to do it anyway) and I can in fact make Savi's reservations for Sunday August 4th and made Oga's for the Tuesday when we wanted to try and go.

Last edited:
So, I just saw on another site that both Oga's and Savi's are moving to a 14 day reservation system. It said that guests can make reservations up to 14 days in advance but that additional reservations will be opened on the actual day so the Cantina won't be booked fully 2 weeks ahead.

Update: so I tried to book Savi's for the Sunday of our trip (when we were going to do it anyway) and I can in fact make Savi's reservations for Sunday August 4th and made Oga's for the Tuesday when we wanted to try and go.

Awesome news - will mark my calendar for 2 weeks before August 27th!

Two weeks is a little odd. I agree with holding some reservations for same-day since that gives local guests the option to hop over for drinks, which seems like a good strategy for them in the long run. But why not open some at 60 days and then some day-of? Adding this arbitrary “two weeks in advance” to the reservation option explanations seems unnecessary...

Savi’s, is there any type of cancellation policy now? If I make that two weeks in advance and then fall and break my leg and never even make it to DL, am I still out $200?

Two weeks is a little odd. I agree with holding some reservations for same-day since that gives local guests the option to hop over for drinks, which seems like a good strategy for them in the long run. But why not open some at 60 days and then some day-of? Adding this arbitrary “two weeks in advance” to the reservation option explanations seems unnecessary...

Savi’s, is there any type of cancellation policy now? If I make that two weeks in advance and then fall and break my leg and never even make it to DL, am I still out $200?
The email I received said if you cancel or do not show you are charged the $199.99. But then later in the email it says you must cancel in the allotted cancellation period to avoid being charged. Maybe that is just the template language for activity reservations and this still has a no cancellation policy?

It looks like you can see the full 60 days on the app but still only book for the same day. Do we know if there are plans to make it fully work like all other restaurants or keeping it same day only?

Update; so it turns out you can make Savi's and Oga's 14 days in advance so I was able to book both today for our trip in a week and a half.

Ooh, really? I would absolutely love it if I could book further out than day-of!

I just checked myself on the app and saw Oga's reservations available for August 7 but not August 8. So yes, 14 days.

So how would the 2-week-out reservation work? Log in at 7am to make a reservation 2 weeks from the day you want to visit?

Is there a preferred time of day for Oga’s? I’ve just been during the reservation period, but taking my 10 year old nephew the first week of August and he wants to see inside (and I’ll get a drink). I’m thinking around 4:30 allowing us time to wait to enter, then do Smuggler’s Run with a hopefully lower standby line than in the morning (if he doesn’t want single rider).

So if we will be visiting Oga’s with two young kids, when would be the best time to go? Breakfast? During breakfast they have the Mustafarian Lava Roll and Rising Moon Overnight Oats, so I am thinking maybe the kids will be more entertained if they have food. Later in the day they only have the Batuu Bits, which I don’t think my kids will be interested in. Would morning be the most kid friendly time for a place that doesn’t seem particularly kid friendly?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter