We did single rider, and it moved well. I think the wait time for regular line was 50 minutes and we did it in 20 with single rider.

Are they likely to give the pilot positions to those in the group? Or are the cards really randomly shuffled when handed out?

Are they likely to give the pilot positions to those in the group? Or are the cards really randomly shuffled when handed out?
I have ridden this ride about 5 times and every time we rode it, the pilot positions were usually given to those in the regular line as the pilot positions are usually given first. However I have heard that they sometimes give them out last and single riders have gotten them, but i think that is more the exception than the rule. If being pilot is really important then I would wait in the regular line and also mention it to the guy handing out the assignments.

My family of 3 (split into me and dd, dh in another group) were all given engineer slots initially. Dd wound up with pilot position after the group we were with had a family fight. Yeah, good times on that trip. 🙄

Last edited:
My family of 3 (split into me and dd, dh in another group) were all given engineer slots initially. Dd wound up with pilot position after the group we were with had a family fight. Yeah, good times on that trip. 🙄

You mean another family that was in the group you were a part of had a fight over who would be the pilot? So your DD ended up being the pilot instead? :eek:

You mean another family that was in the group you were a part of had a fight over who would be the pilot? So your DD ended up being the pilot instead? :eek:

The family fought for so long, the CM had to get stern and force them to take a seat. The young daughter didn’t want any position and cried the entire flight. The mom was the other pilot and was too busy taking pictures to fly and we crashed repeatedly because she didn’t care. The boys just kept arguing because the one kid wouldn’t look at his mom when she was trying to take a picture. Did she attempt to console her daughter behind her? Nope! I did as the engineer behind her.

It.Was.A.Nightmare!!!

That ride is dependent upon who you are with. I’m sure we were extremely unlucky that time around, but it really sucked.

The family fought for so long, the CM had to get stern and force them to take a seat. The young daughter didn’t want any position and cried the entire flight. The mom was the other pilot and was too busy taking pictures to fly and we crashed repeatedly because she didn’t care. The boys just kept arguing because the one kid wouldn’t look at his mom when she was trying to take a picture. Did she attempt to console her daughter behind her? Nope! I did as the engineer behind her.

It.Was.A.Nightmare!!!

That ride is dependent upon who you are with. I’m sure we were extremely unlucky that time around, but it really sucked.
That sounds horrible! What is wrong with people???

It.Was.A.Nightmare!!!

UGH!!! What a waste of the pilot position. More importantly, what a waste of what should be a great time. :( They should have left and given their slots to others. Sorry you had such a horrible time. :(

UGH!!! What a waste of the pilot position. More importantly, what a waste of what should be a great time. :( They should have left and given their slots to others. Sorry you had such a horrible time. :(

My thoughts exactly! How are you having a good time in that hot mess? There’s no way you are, and you just Debbie Downer-ed the whole ride for the rest of us.

Well, dd & I just have another one of those memorable stories we will always bring up. I’m not as sour about as I was. Thankfully it was our second time and we didn't wait long in the single rider line.

(Edited for spelling. Oops!)

I was single rider and I got pilot. Another time I got gunner and then I got engineer 3 times. IMO it depends on the CM. Some of them don't care and honestly don't know the order of the cards in the stack. Some of them separate the pilot cards and hand them to specific people. The area where you get the cards moves fast, they call next group from the standby line, then call single riders to make it up to 6 people. Then you stand around the CM who tells you what colour boarding group you as they hand out the cards, and then you are moved into the boarding area. The CM's are saying the same thing over and over every 5 minutes, so I'm sure at some stage, they get tired trying to stay upbeat and staying in character, and they get soooo many requests from people specifically asking to be pilot, that to keep the line moving they don't really have time to separate the pilot cards in every single group.

Gift cards still in stock at the Resistance shop! By the way, apparently Disney Visa Rewards Cards don't work to purchase these the way they do at shops off planet. The CM tried several times and knew that the Rewards Card should work, but couldn't get the transaction to go through because her register wouldn't recognize the card as payment. So now I have two gift cards: one from Batuu and one from WOD!

Gift cards still in stock at the Resistance shop! By the way, apparently Disney Visa Rewards Cards don't work to purchase these the way they do at shops off planet. The CM tried several times and knew that the Rewards Card should work, but couldn't get the transaction to go through because her register wouldn't recognize the card as payment. So now I have two gift cards: one from Batuu and one from WOD!
Hmmmm that is interesting. I wonder if it’s because the Disney rewards card is kind of like a gift card?

I bought one of the metal gift cards yesterday (finally!) and it’s amazing... we love it!

Hello all, this is our first time back to SWGE since our 3 reservation trips. On our way back from SDCC with 9 family members, and I can’t get the cantina reservation page to work. It keeps crashing, or it shows available times, but no availability no matter how I adjust the party size. Any tips? Just check when we get there?

Hello all, this is our first time back to SWGE since our 3 reservation trips. On our way back from SDCC with 9 family members, and I can’t get the cantina reservation page to work. It keeps crashing, or it shows available times, but no availability no matter how I adjust the party size. Any tips? Just check when we get there?
Did you go online at 7am? If your trying now it’s definitely full for the day.

Try again at 7am PST, like @dina444444 said. Also, if the website doesn't work, try both phone and computer if you can, then try the app. I have had different experiences/success trying both. Things are more flaky once all of the spots for the day are full. It's not good about telling you they are gone, until you try every last slot:sad2: I have not actually booked one, but I tried at 7am yesterday and again at 7:15am to see how quickly they were going. At 7:15am, it looked like only late afternoon and evening were available. However, you still don't know until you select a time range, then it will say what is really available around that time.

No, I didn’t try this morning because we were sleeping in to recover from Comic Con. LOL. I’ll try in the morning, then. Just annoying that it’s showing blue “available” slots but no availability. Thank you for the quick response!

Here now and didn’t have time to read through 39 pages, so not sure if it’s been mentioned but want to share my experience this morning.

They have not been doing the boarding groups so I wrongly assumed that all entrances to the land would be open this morning. (Not just Critter Country.) We are staying at DLR so we had early entry. Got in at 7 and went on Hyperspace Mountain and then went and lined up at Fantasyland along with many other people
at 7:30. At 2 minutes to 8, CM comes by to say that only Critter Country entry is open at 8. By that time we didn’t have time to go back to the Hub so just followed the masses the long way. Long story short, hundreds of people got in ahead of us and I still haven’t been on MFSR :( Hoping to get on tonight if I can last that long!
Ugh! This is always how it is at opening?

On both my rope drop days Sunday June 30 and Tuesday July 2, the line for SWGE was the Frontierland Entrance at The Hub and then everyone was walked to Critter Country entrance.
How early did you get there and how long did it take to get through the ride?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter