New camera ?'s

8caliace

United States Air Force
Hello, this is my first post in this forum as I have just jumped into the hobby with the purchase of a Canon EOS Digital Rebel. I have long wanted to get into the hobby, so why not make the purchase? Did I mention though that I am leaving for WDW in 3 days? While I am excited about the purchase, I am also kind of nervous that I don't really know enough about the camera or photography in general just yet. I guess I am looking for anyone who has any advice, words of wisdom, or can direct me to any websites that may be beneficial...Thanks in advance and I hope to come back from our trip with pictures to share.

learn to change the ISO very quickly, you can do it in any of the creative zones including P.

For low light shots bump the ISO up to as high as you need, 1600 will still give you very usable shots.

I would shoot mostly in P mode since you don't have a lot of time to learn, that way you can control the ISO and when the flash fires or not.

as MM suggestd, switch to P for your trip. You can always learn the other stuff when you get home :thumbsup2

If you have enough memory card space, try shooting in RAW mode (I think Canon blocks you from using RAW in auto mode :sad2: so you'll have to shoot in P or another mode), you can then revisit your photos later down the road when you're more comfortable with them. RAW will allow you to "save" some photos that may not be acceptable in the original JPG format, plus it makes it easy to adjust white balance later.

And if you don't have enough memory card space, you might want to get more. :)

Get some extra batteries.

They are cheap and good at sterlingtek.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter