My wife is in a panic

As a foreigner, I didn't get (nor understand half the time) CBJ. I went in, having heard how awesome it is, expecting a decent dose of nostalgia a la Tiki Room (big fan of the Disneyland version) but left underwhelmed. It's almost like the "pop culture" of CBJ is hasn' expanded outside of the USA, unlike other more recent pop culture.

While we're not in a hurry to revisit, I do think it would be a shame for it to close as it is a unique part of Disney history.

I guess my biggest issue with this rumor is....why spend the money here? I get this isn't a huge fan favorite, although I will say we went last week and when we saw the show it was full. Then again it was 90 degrees out with high humidity too ;)

that all being said, there is a huge hole over in Tomorrow land in Stitch that needs to be filled, why spend to take this out? Unless its much cheaper to do puppets than keep these animatronics going.

I don’t know about the rumor, but the last time I was there the CM was making a rather impassioned plea to talk it up on social media in order to preserve it. It felt out of place a bit, so I certainly think there have been conversations.

I guess my biggest issue with this rumor is....why spend the money here? I get this isn't a huge fan favorite, although I will say we went last week and when we saw the show it was full. Then again it was 90 degrees out with high humidity too ;)

that all being said, there is a huge hole over in Tomorrow land in Stitch that needs to be filled, why spend to take this out? Unless its much cheaper to do puppets than keep these animatronics going.

I definitely agree that if Disney wants to do something/add something new there are better places - even if the Country Bears don't pack them in, there is still a bit of a cult following to them, some merchandise gets sold for them, it is a unique show, and gives that nostalgia feeling ... and keeping it the same has to be cheaper than creating something new (unless maintenance costs have just gotten so high just to keep it running)

But definitely would be better to direct funds to putting something in the location where Stitch was vs this

Whenever I go it seems to be a decent turn out and they have the bears often outside of the ride in order to promote the show. I honestly think that the show doesn't need an update, as it's meant to be nostalgic, meant for a particular fan base, and to share it with your children. CBJ was definitely not my era, but it was my father's and due to him bringing to me to the show as a child, I have fond memories and want it preserved.

Besides, if any classic ride needs an update it's Carousel of Progress, which actually is supposed to change over time. However, I'll resist the urge to vent about that, as this post is all about the bears.

Whenever I go it seems to be a decent turn out and they have the bears often outside of the ride in order to promote the show. I honestly think that the show doesn't need an update, as it's meant to be nostalgic, meant for a particular fan base, and to share it with your children. CBJ was definitely not my era, but it was my father's and due to him bringing to me to the show as a child, I have fond memories and want it preserved.

Besides, if any classic ride needs an update it's Carousel of Progress, which actually is supposed to change over time. However, I'll resist the urge to vent about that, as this post is all about the bears.
COP already has been updated with the addition of a "voice assistant" what else would you like o see changed?

I could see this happening. Not full Toy Story, but a "live" version of Woody's Round Up. Have Jessie, Woody, the Prospector, and Bullseye in an old Wild West type show. That way you have Buzz in Tomorrowland and Woody has his own spot in Frontierland. Kind of surprised they haven't done it sooner.

Country Bears is an interesting thing. It has sort of a cult fan base which I am part of. I love the show. I also love Toy Story. I don't think this needs to be a Toy Story show. They could add entertainment to Toy Story Land alongside the new restaurant.

Country Bears has been sort of on the edge of a cliff for a while though. Roughly 7 years ago they shortened the show considerably. It is still popular though. Gets higher guest satisfaction than some other MK shows. I would rather they work on updating and making the show new than replacing it with Toy Story when that IP has its place in other areas.

Also as a note, Martin who has a good track record on WDWMagic is saying he has not heard of this possibility.

Rteeze is always there to calm the nerves...

COP already has been updated with the addition of a "voice assistant" what else would you like o see changed?

It may have been a month, or so since my last visit, but has it really changed that much, or are you referring to the oven bit they added with the update they had in the early 90's, which was almost 30 years ago. The ride originally used to be updated a minimum of once a decade and now looks dated and has all the technology that we have today. It's the future, not the present. We may have a nostalgic kick lately, but last time I checked, I don't get Christmas presents in the form of those shoes daughter received and no one has a car phone anymore.

If they don't want to go all out and really try to aim for far into the future as it's intended to be, they could at least replace a few props, and change the dialogue a little bit to be in the now, or at least a little into the future.

It may have been a month, or so since my last visit, but has it really changed that much, or are you referring to the oven bit they added with the update they had in the early 90's, which was almost 30 years ago. The ride originally used to be updated a minimum of once a decade and now looks dated and has all the technology that we have today. It's the future, not the present. We may have a nostalgic kick lately, but last time I checked, I don't get Christmas presents in the form of those shoes daughter received and no one has a car phone anymore.

If they don't want to go all out and really try to aim for far into the future as it's intended to be, they could at least replace a few props, and change the dialogue a little bit to be in the now, or at least a little into the future.

Funny thing about that, we are just now getting the voice activated stuff, so that was very futuristic at the time. I do think they need to update the last seen a little, and at least remove the reference to a "car phone."

They could at least change the final scene so it delved into the future as it was envisioned in the Horzons ride...when it was opened 35 years ago (and closed for good 20 years ago).

Yeah, this needs its own thread...

The only way losing the Bears could be acceptable is if they packed up and moved the show to a dinner theater at the new Reflections / Fort Wilderness area.

If you've got to jam those accursed toys into Frontierland for a show, the Diamond Horseshoe is closed half the time and could use the love.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter