• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My wife is in a panic

Fxstsbill

Earning My Ears
She just texted me and said she read somewhere that there is a rumor that the Country Bear Jamboree may be removed and a Toy Story show might go in it’s place.
Hoping someone in here can shed some light on this

She just texted me and said she read somewhere that there is a rumor that the Country Bear Jamboree may be removed and a Toy Story show might go in it’s place.
Hoping someone in here can shed some light on this

it's a rumor from a site that is no longer allowed to be referenced here - so I think that tells you what level of credence to give it

Is it impossible? No, but don't stress about it at this point

I don't know how much traction this has (I would love to see rteetz's take on it), and while I don't love the idea, it is understandable as the CBJ does not get much traffic. Classic or not, it's not that popular, so the idea that they may change it is not surprising. Now, if they ever come for the Tiki Room - there will be trouble! ;)

I feel like they're trying to make it more popular, kind of? When i was there a month ago they had some of the country bears roaming around frontier land. why go through that effor then reskin it...then again why does disney do anything disney does

I don't know how much traction this has (I would love to see rteetz's take on it), and while I don't love the idea, it is understandable as the CBJ does not get much traffic. Classic or not, it's not that popular, so the idea that they may change it is not surprising. Now, if they ever come for the Tiki Room - there will be trouble! ;)
Country Bears is an interesting thing. It has sort of a cult fan base which I am part of. I love the show. I also love Toy Story. I don't think this needs to be a Toy Story show. They could add entertainment to Toy Story Land alongside the new restaurant.

Country Bears has been sort of on the edge of a cliff for a while though. Roughly 7 years ago they shortened the show considerably. It is still popular though. Gets higher guest satisfaction than some other MK shows. I would rather they work on updating and making the show new than replacing it with Toy Story when that IP has its place in other areas.

Also as a note, Martin who has a good track record on WDWMagic is saying he has not heard of this possibility.

Country Bears is an interesting thing. It has sort of a cult fan base which I am part of. I love the show. I also love Toy Story. I don't think this needs to be a Toy Story show. They could add entertainment to Toy Story Land alongside the new restaurant.

Country Bears has been sort of on the edge of a cliff for a while though. Roughly 7 years ago they shortened the show considerably. It is still popular though. Gets higher guest satisfaction than some other MK shows. I would rather they work on updating and making the show new than replacing it with Toy Story when that IP has its place in other areas.

Also as a note, Martin who has a good track record on WDWMagic is saying he has not heard of this possibility.

Oh, definitely! I like it too, and even an updated show with the Bears could work for me, but I do get why they look at these types of attractions. Of course, on slow days they are dead, but on busy days they are so important for soaking up crowds!

Last edited:

This is my thought. Im even okay if they completely rip it out. Attractions do sometimes run their course and the CBJ humor is definitely from a different era. But good lord it should not be a Toy Story show. Make something original that better fits into Frontierland. I like IPs in the park. Love them even. But every single attraction doesn't need to be IP related Mr. Chapek.

I think this rumor has teeth (and the source qualified their remarks actually last week). I once told myself that Snow White, Mr. Toad and 20,000 Leagues were untouchable and now they are gone.

Those all still exist (for the most part, 20,000 Leagues is now Nemo themed) at Disneyland, at least. Disneyland has already gotten rid of their Country Bears.

Those all still exist (for the most part, 20,000 Leagues is now Nemo themed) at Disneyland, at least. Disneyland has already gotten rid of their Country Bears.

Just FYI, the ride at DL was never 20,000 Leagues themed. It was always just "Submarine Voyage" using modern, gray, nuclear submarine style boats. They were eventually made bright yellow to make them less militaristic and more like explorer vessels. Wile the ride system is practically identical to what would be 20,000 Leagues at MK, they were never the same.

Personally I'd love to see it go, and I think something Toy Story 2 works there. But it doesn't make sense to add more Toy Story especially outside of Toy Story Land. Also, you couldn't put something too popular there. It's not very big and there isn't much space for a big queue.

Whatever they do, I hope they don't move Winnie the Pooh over to where the CB theater is. I mean, what kind of insanity would that be?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter