• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My wife is in a panic

I am very sad about the potential that the Country Bear Jamboree will be removed from the Magic Kingdom. With Disney’s recent push back to the rumors regarding the Enchanted Tiki Room (using language conveniently still leaving room for a Moana overlay), and with no similar response for The Country Bears, I fear these rumors are very true. I recently completed a year long CP and in that time, the Jamboree became my favorite classic attraction in the parks. I’m from Tennessee and growing up spent many summers going to Dollywood, so the Country Bears felt like a little slice of home.

I think the show still holds up. The bears are still funny and when they seem risqué, it can be a welcome break from the sweetness of the park’s other offerings. The music is a wonderful, old fashioned kind of country music. I’m more inclined to revisit the Jamboree’s soundtrack than any of the other attractions on property, but this is admittedly probably due to my overwhelming fondness for the show. Since returning home, I haven’t listened to HEA once— but the Jamboree soundtrack I’ve gone through several times.

However, on most of my visits to the attraction it was fairly deserted and “bear-ly” occupied (I’m actually surprised by the number of people here and other places who claim the theatre is usually packed as that was almost never my experience and I went many times) and with the push for more movie IP in the parks, I sadly suspected its days were numbered. However, it is especially heartbreaking that this important and uniquely Walt Disney World attraction may be moved out to “celebrate” the park’s 50th anniversary. I am glad I got to experience the show as many times as I did, and I’m thankful YouTube exists so that I can still revisit the attraction when I inevitably turn sentimental. “Well there he goes, he hardly knows the heart he’s breaking...”

Interesting. Hard to know if this rumour was simply 100 percent unfounded to begin with, or if Disney scrapped their idea because there was such a massive online uproar / outcry to the possibility. Either way, I'm so happy it's staying!! :)

I feel that there is a large portion of WDW visitors who return every year because of these classic attractions. They don't care about Star Wars or TSL. They just want their dose of nostalgia. Maybe Disney is re-assuring their long term, loyal patrons that there is still a place for them in WDW. Because, I have to be honest, before the announcements about ETR and this one about CBJ, I was sure that nothing was safe.

I went to the spurious website's twitter feed and posted a harsh rebuke..I was far from alone. Just so happy we'll have our beloved Bears for awhile yet. P.S. the spurious site blocked me from their twitter feed :rolleyes1

Last edited:
Bears and Tiki are both examples of beloved attractions that have gotten stale and don't attract the crowds they once did. I hope the rumors at least point to those attractions being revitalized.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter