• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My wife is in a panic

I tried to post a link to the site, but on Cinemablend, there is a rumor that CBJ will be closed in favour of another Toy Story atrraction.
The Cinemablend report also states that no decision has been made yet and that there is a good bit of internal push-back. I wouldn't take it as confirmation.

Our next trip to WDW was already going to be a test for if I will return. I am not pleased with SWGE and all the IP that is turning up in the parks. I always figured that if the classics remain untouched especially in MK, I can deal with it. So, I was going to hold judgement on Star Wars until I actually experienced it. But, if they start completely gutting classic WDW attractions, I just wouldn't be able to bring myself to go again. This includes CBJ.

Look, I won't be happy about losing CBJ either, if it actually happens and I'm not convinced this is anything more than a click bait rumor. But WDW has been gutting older attractions since it opened. The Great Movie Ride and Energy Adventure just happened. At MK, Mr. Toad's, 20,000 Leagues, Snow White are just a few. Change is inevitable. The fact that I love CBJ, and Tiki Room, and the TreeHouse, and Tom Sawyer's Island, 4 of the most underutilized areas of MK, means that much of what I love is probably on the chopping block. But that's the nature of the beast. So draw your line in the sand, if you must, but don't pretend this is the first classic WDW attraction that landed on the chopping block (or might be, since this is only a rumor). In many ways, WDW has lasted longer than DLR. The blessing of size, which seems to be ridiculously underutilized these days, has saved things that DLR long ago removed.... CBJ sits near the top of that list.

Look, I won't be happy about losing CBJ either, if it actually happens and I'm not convinced this is anything more than a click bait rumor. But WDW has been gutting older attractions since it opened. The Great Movie Ride and Energy Adventure just happened. At MK, Mr. Toad's, 20,000 Leagues, Snow White are just a few. Change is inevitable. The fact that I love CBJ, and Tiki Room, and the TreeHouse, and Tom Sawyer's Island, 4 of the most underutilized areas of MK, means that much of what I love is probably on the chopping block. But that's the nature of the beast. So draw your line in the sand, if you must, but don't pretend this is the first classic WDW attraction that landed on the chopping block (or might be, since this is only a rumor). In many ways, WDW has lasted longer than DLR. The blessing of size, which seems to be ridiculously underutilized these days, has saved things that DLR long ago removed.... CBJ sits near the top of that list.

Absolutely, stuff comes and goes. And we have lost a number of classic attractions. Stuff changes, and I've enjoyed some of the previous changes. I'm even going in with an open mind about SWGE. I'm skeptical, but still open to trying it out. So, it's not so much 'a line in the sand.' It's just something to factor in when deciding where I want to spend my vacation. I am not interested in fighting crowds for attractions that don't interest me. Other than having so many great memories there, it doesn't really affect me enough to be upset about it. I would certainly be sad to see some things go, but I will simply go somewhere else and create memories there.

Also, I think a lot of it has to do with what would be leaving and what would be coming in. I mean, a lot of people might like CBJ just fine, but would give it up for something other than Toy Story. I think a lot of us feel like there is already plenty of Toy Story in the parks.

Also, I think a lot of it has to do with what would be leaving and what would be coming in. I mean, a lot of people might like CBJ just fine, but would give it up for something other than Toy Story. I think a lot of us feel like there is already plenty of Toy Story in the parks.
...i'm honestly getting kind of a little tired of toy story

I agree. I'm not personally married to Country Bear, but I very much feel the Toy Story overdose.

Another Toy Story thing feels like trading out a ham sandwich for a hot dog when you've had hot dogs all week.

the bears are my favorite thing in the entire magic kingdom. numero uno. above all else. Even Big Thunder only comes in at 2nd. I see them every time I set foot in the MK (which is a lot now that we have the annual passes). I realize the humor isn't for everyone, but for some of us it's funny every time. Muppets, COP and Tiki are in the same vein for me. We see them every time and they have not gotten old. :teeth:

why not put Woody's roundup in toy story land? seems like a marionette show could be a perfect addition in a kid's backyard play area. :confused3

Okay hearing from multiple sources this now has real legs. No one is saying it is locked and loaded, but it is more than just spitballing ideas in Imagineering. Might want to keep an eye on this....

What part of "disney" would you even write/e-mail? Do you think tweeting would work or help?

or... hear me out... they could use the IP that is the Bears and make a good movie about them. or a cartoon. or a disney+ show. or freaking ANYTHING of quality. They have a LOT more going for them in the way of potential than the same buzz/woody/etc toys we see in every movie.

or... hear me out... they could use the IP that is the Bears and make a good movie about them. or a cartoon. or a disney+ show. or freaking ANYTHING of quality. They have a LOT more going for them in the way of potential than the same buzz/woody/etc toys we see in every movie.

Absolutely! That's one thing that the suits don't seem to understand - EVERY ride is IP! It could all be leveraged. I mean, yeah, a lot of the original Disney rides were based on movies, an that makes sense, but original ideas have their place too. There were some recent comic books that explored attractions, and some were quite good. I think CBJ could make a great cartoon show! Of course, I'm still waiting for some good Haunted Mansion material.

06A57B61-B249-4FC4-AC94-9F755ABC6D35.jpeg

I'd be OK with it. CBJ is old school which is nice but I love the idea of a Toy Story Marionette show. Shame it isn't Pinocchio, I'd be much happier if it was than Toy Story.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter