Moms to Be Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maggie, glad you are feeling better. Congrats on your DH's new baby!:lmao:
Can't wait to hear how the U/S goes and what you are expecting!!!!

I did not like the quality of furniture either, I drove DH crazy. I ended up shopping for 'Bassett' furniture which has been around since I was young and that is a long long time ago. It had a good reputation and even the sales lady in BRU suggested it but they did not carry it. I ordered mine online thru Target. I just got the crib and changing table because I have a set of antique bureaus I wanted to use.

Happy shopping!
Ann

Thanks everyone. Just sometimes it gets to be a bit much. I hate feeling scared all the time.

Someone mentioned getting to a "safe" point. Funny thing is, I know too much about preemies & sequlae to prematurity, there is no "safe" point for me until August. If I deliver at any point after 35 weeks, preferably 36, that's ok with me. But that's a really long time to me right now. I'm 19+ weeks right now, another 17 weeks of feeling scared and anxious and dreading every twinge, I just hope I make it that far. I'm not giving myself any early "outs." There is no 'if I can only get to 28, 30 or 32 weeks' for me. Too often I've heard of women being told if you can only make it to 28 weeks it will be OK, and then they give birth right after 28 weeks. I know, having a 28 weeker is NOT OK, much less 2.

Maggie, please take care of yourself. I think you should go see your OB, especially if nobody else will touch a pregnant woman. I just don't want you waiting until you have an actual emergency situation & you still have no confirmed diagnosis.

I gotta go wait for my son's bus. Later everyone.

When you calf runs into your ankles. You don't have any real definition around your ankle. Think Hillary Clinton.

Oh, JOY. :scared1:
None of that here, knock on wood.

Im going to ask the u/s tech to maybe scan my back to see if she sees any stones (dont know if she will, but it will be worth a shot asking).

We can afford it now, but i really hope he understands that baby's dont come for free. lol Theres my vent for the day.

As I said we find out tomorrow what we are having. I am so so excited. I pray that the baby cooperates, and am thankful for the good advice about eating before I go so hopefully theres movement. Anyone have any suggestions of good stuff to eat for movement at 9am in the morning?

Also DH and I have had a terrible time finding baby furniture. I dont want the pressed board stuff-- so we have looked at Babies R Us. I want something nice, but then again dont want to spend an arm and a leg. A lot of the armoirs ive seen are cute, and small (in height), but small wont last forever (even though DH and I are vertically challenged). Have you guys ordered most of your furniture online or in stores? DH seems to think its a better deal online (with codes and such too).

When the lady was scanning my gallbaldder ultrasound I was SOOO tempted to ask her to take a peek at Lucas. I regretted it until 4 weeks later I had the lack of movement and got to see him again. Always worth a try! Then again, gallbladders aren't nearly as cute to look at as babies are...

Hey, if you keep couponing you can at least keep him/her clean for almost free... :thumbsup2 (It's a gorgeous car!)

Are there any foods you've noticed that baby seems to like? I had Panera (half a chipotle chicken sand. and chicken noodle soup in a bread bowl) for my last ultrasound and he was licking his lips like crazy. ;)
I'd do a bit of caffeine, for sure!

Between you and Veronica, we've got an exciting couple of days around here!!! :yay:

I ordered everything off the internet. Absolutely everything.. crib, changing table, glider, pack-n-play, stroller, car seat. There just isn't variety around here. The only place to go buy that stuff is KMart, WalMart and Sears. :confused3Armoire is from my old bedroom at my parents.
I got a Da Vinci Kalani crib (love it, it's super-sturdy and converts) because it had great reviews. I used a company discount code to get it cheaper from www.cribs.com
Changing tables were hard-- everything looked cheap and I wanted something that would work afterwards as a shelf or SOMETHING. They're sooo expensive, too! I didn't buy anything that didn't have reviews, reviews, reviews... to give me an idea of what I was going to end up with.
You already know about the glider. Did you guys order that one off of Amazon?

Oh, JOY. :scared1:
None of that here, knock on wood.

When the lady was scanning my gallbaldder ultrasound I was SOOO tempted to ask her to take a peek at Lucas. I regretted it until 4 weeks later I had the lack of movement and got to see him again. Always worth a try! Then again, gallbladders aren't nearly as cute to look at as babies are...

Hey, if you keep couponing you can at least keep him/her clean for almost free... :thumbsup2 (It's a gorgeous car!)

Are there any foods you've noticed that baby seems to like? I had Panera (half a chipotle chicken sand. and chicken noodle soup in a bread bowl) for my last ultrasound and he was licking his lips like crazy. ;)
I'd do a bit of caffeine, for sure!

Between you and Veronica, we've got an exciting couple of days around here!!! :yay:

I ordered everything off the internet. Absolutely everything.. crib, changing table, glider, pack-n-play, stroller, car seat. There just isn't variety around here. The only place to go buy that stuff is KMart, WalMart and Sears. :confused3Armoire is from my old bedroom at my parents.
I got a Da Vinci Kalani crib (love it, it's super-sturdy and converts) because it had great reviews. I used a company discount code to get it cheaper from www.cribs.com
Changing tables were hard-- everything looked cheap and I wanted something that would work afterwards as a shelf or SOMETHING. They're sooo expensive, too! I didn't buy anything that didn't have reviews, reviews, reviews... to give me an idea of what I was going to end up with.
You already know about the glider. Did you guys order that one off of Amazon?

No, after tomorrow though ill definitely be ordering stuff. I have the links you sent saved to my favorites. We wanted to find out the gender before we did much else (and make sure everything was on track ofcourse). Tomorrow will be such a relief-- and an eye opener. Not seeing the baby since 6wks has been hard. I am afraid we are thinking about furniture TOO quickly.. but then again, I dont want to be a late bloomer either.

i also wanted to add to the discussion that I am on twoweekwait.com

It doesnt move as fast as WTE boards (which i like)... and there is no drama.

Ohh.. I never thought about reading trip reports of people taking their little ones. What a way to make me all mushy inside. :rotfl:

What about the beach? I think that would be pretty easy. Most beach vacations are laid back (or at least the ones I've been on, I've never been a party girl) and you could introduce Lily to the water and everything early on.
Anytime my family goes to the beach though, they rent a house a few blocks from the water. So I'm used to 5-minute walk to the water, be lazy for a few hours, and come back to the comfort of a house, not a hotel room and a drive to the beach.

Something to consider, though! My parents go 2-3 times a year now and I think DH and I are going to go with them a few days in October (no one in my family goes to the beach to swim so we all go during weird months :laughing:)

That is a GREAT idea! In fact my parents are talking about going to Myrtle beach in October...would it be nuts for me to go with them with a 3 month old? We'd be renting a house...but DH couldn't go and I doubt he could stand to be away from both of us for a week.

Anyway, it's still a great idea for next year. We can rent a house with my parents. Thanks!

Hey girls (and maybe a guy or two).

Well the night went really well for me.

As I said we find out tomorrow what we are having. I am so so excited. I pray that the baby cooperates, and am thankful for the good advice about eating before I go so hopefully theres movement. Anyone have any suggestions of good stuff to eat for movement at 9am in the morning?

Also DH and I have had a terrible time finding baby furniture. I dont want the pressed board stuff-- so we have looked at Babies R Us. I want something nice, but then again dont want to spend an arm and a leg. A lot of the armoirs ive seen are cute, and small (in height), but small wont last forever (even though DH and I are vertically challenged). Have you guys ordered most of your furniture online or in stores? DH seems to think its a better deal online (with codes and such too).

So glad you are feeling better!

We ended up getting everything from Ikea. They get AWESOME reviews and are super cheap, but of course lots of fiber board, so it doesn't really fit you. I was so disgusted with the prices of the dressers/changing tables. Cribs aren't too hard to find, but a decent dresser is nuts! Everything is sooo overpriced and pretty much all felt like it was ready to fall apart. We loved the stuff at Ikea and got WAY more for our $$$.

No, after tomorrow though ill definitely be ordering stuff. I have the links you sent saved to my favorites. We wanted to find out the gender before we did much else (and make sure everything was on track ofcourse). Tomorrow will be such a relief-- and an eye opener. Not seeing the baby since 6wks has been hard. I am afraid we are thinking about furniture TOO quickly.. but then again, I dont want to be a late bloomer either.

I had my crib before my ultrasound. I never had an initial one, either.. just heard the heartbeat. I don't know. I'm waaay too much of a planner to wait for anything. I wasn't, initially, going to find out what I was having... but SIL's pregnancy (I couldn't imagine them planning for girl/boy and me having no idea) and DH begging, I gave in...

So, if anyone was too soon.. it was me. I was maybe 14wks when I bought the crib? I waited for that 12wk point where all the books say the rate of miscarriage is much lower... and that was all. I was stretching things out though, buying them with my bonuses from work... and wanted to do it before the house came into play and DH said "well we can do that extra upgrade with that money from your bonus"... so when I got it, I used it on baby. Now, he's grateful that I did because everything is there and paid for.

I got this one, for $289 with my employee discount... but in Honey Oak.
digimarc.ms

Changing table is this:
2649_624629455659_25826704_39296825_4649780_n.jpg

For the price ($99), I jumped on it. I knew there was a reason I obsessively stalked the internet for changing tables. :rotfl: (Like Sarah said, they are RIDICULOUS and overpriced!)
I don't know if they'll ever get it again, but here is the link (still in my bookmarks..)
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10664956#ShortReviewTitleBar

I got online to take a test and so far have not done so. So I'm out. Sorry, I'm super chatty. :flower3:

We got this crib:
66857_PE180288_S3.jpg

And these dressers:
25069_PE109825_S3.jpg

25070_PE109826_S3.jpg

I pretty much hate the look of the dressers, but we're gonna soften them up with hand painted draw pulls and some disney fairies here and there. The 4 drawer chest looks tall, but it's the perfect changing table height and has the slot for the pad to be attached to.

The crib does have a matching changing table and dresser, but the ones we picked were a lot cheaper and give us a lot of extra space. Plus they seemed to be a lot sturdier.

It's funny--the crib is a bit lighter than that and the dressers are a bit darker. they still don't match perfectly, but we'll be painting all over them for the room anyway.

BTW the crib was $159 (the top comes off to make a toddler bed, you can kinda see where) the dressers were $99 and $149.

So I spent a while last night reading trip reports and threads about taking little ones to WDW...like a couple of hours...

And then I realized there was no way I wanted to take a 12 month old to WDW in August. lol No matter how awesome people say it can be...I'll probably change my mind by next summer (or be even more firm in my commitment). I never can seem to last more than 6 months after a trip before I get Disney Amnesia and think going back is a good idea.

I have to keep reminding myself that my last couple of trips have been less than perfect and I do not need to go back right away. It's been 4 months since I was last there so we'll see.

So have any of you or do you plan to do any other trips with your little one besides disney. I figure we'll do test runs at the zoo and local amusement parks, but I'd love to actually have a vacation next summer....

We are taking Ella at the end of May...I think August at WDW would be tooo hot!! Next summer/fall I'd like to take DS camping with us, he'll be 2.5 and hopefully potty trained. I still think Ella will be too young to camp at 1.5. Dunno? Other than this Disney trip, I think most vacations will hold out till Ella is potty trained between 2-3. Id' really like to do DL, but the cost for plane tickets for my clan would break us... lol

As far as cribs go, I love Ellas. We actually got it off craigslist. The lady gave us every bit of paperwork with it and the receipt. She got it for her son and he hardly used it. Its the one that converts to a toddler bed and a full size bed. My DS crib is the crib only, and I knew I wanted one that would last a bit longer....

Hi everyone!

Looking for a house is hard! We went last night looking at more houses and we found a townhouse we love. So we went to put the offer and found out this morning that someone else put an offer right before us and unless it falls through we aren't getting it. So now we put an offer on a much larger (and more expensive) house but asked a lower price since the house had been on the market a while. I've been waiting all day to hear back, I hope we get it!!

I started getting boxes of baby stuff today!! Hooray, I can't wait to move and get his nursery ready!!

Crossing my fingers for you Skylarr!!

(I know how that goes.. DH and I looked for 5 months before we found one.)

We are taking Ella at the end of May...I think August at WDW would be tooo hot!! Next summer/fall I'd like to take DS camping with us, he'll be 2.5 and hopefully potty trained. I still think Ella will be too young to camp at 1.5. Dunno? Other than this Disney trip, I think most vacations will hold out till Ella is potty trained between 2-3. Id' really like to do DL, but the cost for plane tickets for my clan would break us... lol

As far as cribs go, I love Ellas. We actually got it off craigslist. The lady gave us every bit of paperwork with it and the receipt. She got it for her son and he hardly used it. Its the one that converts to a toddler bed and a full size bed. My DS crib is the crib only, and I knew I wanted one that would last a bit longer....

I've actually had 2 trips in August where it was cooler and less humid than the year we went the first week in June. We're used to the heat and avoiding it as much as possible--I get heat stroke very easily. It stinks that we'd ever have to bring a baby out in the August or June heat though.

Where is Veronica!!?!

Hi everyone!

Looking for a house is hard! We went last night looking at more houses and we found a townhouse we love. So we went to put the offer and found out this morning that someone else put an offer right before us and unless it falls through we aren't getting it. So now we put an offer on a much larger (and more expensive) house but asked a lower price since the house had been on the market a while. I've been waiting all day to hear back, I hope we get it!!

I started getting boxes of baby stuff today!! Hooray, I can't wait to move and get his nursery ready!!

How exciting!! Such fun and such an important year of your life!!!! Good Luck!

It's a boy!!!

I am so over the moon excited. I wanted a little boy and I got one :lovestruc

OMG....little boys are amazing :) Congrats!!!:cheer2::cheer2:

Veronica, you followed three girls on our list. We were due for a boy!!

Maggie, I am guessing a girl for you tomorrow since Melissa is just above you on the list with blue! Can't wait to hear.

Congrats Veronica!!

We have had a lot of guesses for us-- mostly boys (I guess people think DH is so masculine that they cant imagine him producing a girl)-- although DH and I have had a gut feeling its a girl. Thanks for the guess... I enjoy hearing them. Ill let you guys know tomorrow morning (My apt is at 9am.. so wish me luck!)

Veronica, you followed three girls on our list. We were due for a boy!!

I know, I was hoping to break the pattern ;)

I am just so thrilled. I went and started my registry at Babies R Us as soon as we were done at the dr.'s and I ended up with a 15 page registry :lmao:

I can't wait to meet my little Jacob :lovestruc

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter