Moms to Be Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats crazy. Insurance for everything in this country is just getting ridiculous. Sad, it affects the lives of SO many people!!

I'm glad you found another Dr. though and that they are willing to work with you!

So we haven't heard from Maggie all day, since about 10 AM or so. I'm hoping she got herself to the ER to get checked out. Let us know what's up when you get a chance. Hope all is well.

So we haven't heard from Maggie all day, since about 10 AM or so. I'm hoping she got herself to the ER to get checked out. Let us know what's up when you get a chance. Hope all is well.

Also hoping Scornelius has her baby!!

I really wonder if it's her gallbladder.

We need an update Maggie!

I am on the ivillage.com expecting boards-they have one for each month. My understanding is that it will turn into a baby board and stay together after May. I post on the May board and on the over 35 board as "tartars." I joined ivillage years ago when dh worked in another town and helped with the footbal team-that was their mascot.

Patsy, I think it was you who originally had a sleepy baby who wasn't doing much movement (but I could be wrong)...just wondering if things have picked up. I feel like I have a Rockette in my tummy kicking away all the time.

How about the rest of you?

Ann

I poke around whattoexpect.com on their June 09 board.

I think they do the same thing.. it turns into a "Born in" June 09 board instead of an "Expecting in" June 09 board.

....I totally forgot to mention this earlier but today I had FIVE customers (only a 4.5 hour shift too, since I have class on Mondays) ask me when my baby was due!!
One lady, who is very foreign and very difficult to understand, walked up and said "Boy."
I said, "I'm sorry?" and she said "You Have Boy. I know. I very good."
I was shocked.

I was so excited to have people notice. I guess I really have popped!!!!

Patsy, I think it was you who originally had a sleepy baby who wasn't doing much movement (but I could be wrong)...just wondering if things have picked up. I feel like I have a Rockette in my tummy kicking away all the time.

Ann

He's picked up a LOT on his movement. I asked my Dr. and she said I might not have felt it because of his positioning since he was breech. She said you always feel more up top than down below and now that his feet are up I'm feeling it more. :thumbsup2 I'm pretty sure I had one under a rib last night. :lovestruc

Definitely not a Rockette for me... it seems more like Lucas just has moments (maybe 2-3 minutes at a time, every few hours) that I really feel him going crazy. I can see my tummy moving a lot more than I can feel him moving. Maybe it's just me, though, and I'm not noticing it like most people do. :confused3

Is Luke excited for his little sister?? :lovestruc

I poke around whattoexpect.com on their June 09 board.

I think they do the same thing.. it turns into a "Born in" June 09 board instead of an "Expecting in" June 09 board. ...
I kind of feel bad for the people who deliver early in May or late in July.

Is Luke excited for his little sister?? :lovestruc

As much as he can understand at this point. I have trained him to say her name when we talk about his sister. It sounds so cute when he says Emma Sophie. I know once she is here he is going to be very affectionate, he loves being around other kids.

My next check up is Thursday. I can't believe I am going to be 30 weeks. I think I am going to start going every two weeks now.

We have so much to do. I have not gotten anything done, I really need some nesting to kick in.

Ann

Tell me about it. With my first I think I was on the iparenting boards, maybe ivillage too. When I gave birth 3 months early, June '03 when I was due Sept '03 -- I just dropped off boards altogether. Eventually when my son was getting ready to leave the hospital, I did go back to one of the groups. But I will always feel like an "alien" when comparing myself to regular full term moms. My experience was just too different.

Ann

This is my most active baby-she never stops! She pushes more than anything now-like she is trying to make more room. We had meetings all day today (teacher workday) and the teacher I was sitting with kept staring at my belly-Katie was putting on a show for her!

I think I might be one of those (seems to be the way she is talking, anyway) but I would plan on sticking with the same group of girls.

There are a few moms in my board that have given birth already and they're not around a lot but have mentioned they're sticking with us!

Ann

Lily has her moments. I need to keep a food diary to see if that's what it is. This week, she's really gotten into moving back and forth across my tummy, which is such a weird feeling. All our friends are eagerly awaiting the "Alien" movement--when they can see her. I'm so excited about everyone staring at my belly. :rolleyes: At least I've only had a few people feel the need to touch me so far. :thumbsup2

MAGGIE! One word.
Gallbladder.

I don't think you'd joined us when I was on here describing close to the same things.

I guess I'm lucky, our local ER is GREAT and upon describing my symtpoms, before I'd even signed my name on the paperwork, they asked if I'd had trouble with my gallbladder. Found out I was pregnant and whipped me up to Labor and Deliver to check on Lucas and when L&D sent me back to the ER they were ready for me with a nurse to draw my blood and check something that told them it was gallbladder. Then I got sent for an Ultrasound that revealed STONES!

It's apparently SUPER common in pregnant ladies and the increased estrogen just makes it worse... they told me if I'd waited, I might have gone septic because my gallbladder was infected! :scared1:

I was about 20 weeks when mine hit... so think about it. Research it. Go in knowing that might be it! :thumbsup2

That's what I was going to say...gallbladder, sounds very much like my attacks. Mine were in my back like you described. I of course was 20 at the time, but still...and they tend to flair up during pregnancy. The fact that you didn't feel well along with it, ya, that's else that happened w/me.

As much as he can understand at this point. I have trained him to say her name when we talk about his sister. It sounds so cute when he says Emma Sophie. I know once she is here he is going to be very affectionate, he loves being around other kids.

My next check up is Thursday. I can't believe I am going to be 30 weeks. I think I am going to start going every two weeks now.

We have so much to do. I have not gotten anything done, I really need some nesting to kick in.

Ann

Aww, too cute. I love the idea of a protective older brother to take care of lil sis!

Thats kinda how I feel.. it's shocking how quickly it's flown by, isn't it? I can't believe tomorrow is 33 weeks for me! :scared1:
I like doing appointments every 2 weeks... it just seemed like it snuck up on me.

Did you convince your DH to paint? I know you were going to try. And that you're moving Luke and Emma is going into Luke's old room? (Correct me if I'm wrong, I really do try to remember but...you know how it is!)

I'm off tomorrow (so nice of them to give me a day off after my vacation :laughing:) so I'm going to go do the touch up painting in the living room, hallway and nursery. Then DH is going to help me arrange the living room furniture and we'll have an ENTIRE ROOM DONE! :banana:About dang time! :rotfl:
Going to bring back Lucas' clothes and start washing! Getting so excited... I can't belive it's time to be doing things like that!

I gotta get that hospital bag packed up, too. :yay:

That's what I was going to say...gallbladder, sounds very much like my attacks. Mine were in my back like you described. I of course was 20 at the time, but still...and they tend to flair up during pregnancy. The fact that you didn't feel well along with it, ya, that's else that happened w/me.

I was 21.. so not too far off age-whise.

Aww, too cute. I love the idea of a protective older brother to take care of lil sis!

Thats kinda how I feel.. it's shocking how quickly it's flown by, isn't it? I can't believe tomorrow is 33 weeks for me! :scared1:
I like doing appointments every 2 weeks... it just seemed like it snuck up on me.

Did you convince your DH to paint? I know you were going to try. And that you're moving Luke and Emma is going into Luke's old room? (Correct me if I'm wrong, I really do try to remember but...you know how it is!)

I'm off tomorrow (so nice of them to give me a day off after my vacation :laughing:) so I'm going to go do the touch up painting in the living room, hallway and nursery. Then DH is going to help me arrange the living room furniture and we'll have an ENTIRE ROOM DONE! :banana:About dang time! :rotfl:
Going to bring back Lucas' clothes and start washing! Getting so excited... I can't belive it's time to be doing things like that!

I gotta get that hospital bag packed up, too. :yay:

You got everything right...nice memory for being pregnant!! Mine is like mush!!:lmao: I have dropped the painting request. My poor DH is so overloaded right now working two jobs that I can't push the topic with him.
He is a perfectionist and loves to do house projects himself, so pursuing another route to get it done is out of the question.

You must be psyched to have an entire room completed, you guys have had a ton going on.

Get that hospital bag ready lady!

When I was getting close to my due date with DS, my SIL suggested sleeping on a towel in case my water broke. She is a nurse. Good thing I listened and slept on a beach towel for a couple of weeks. My water broke the day before my due date when I was just about to get out of bed.

You got everything right...nice memory for being pregnant!! Mine is like mush!!:lmao: I have dropped the painting request. My poor DH is so overloaded right now working two jobs that I can't push the topic with him.
He is a perfectionist and loves to do house projects himself, so pursuing another route to get it done is out of the question.

You must be psyched to have an entire room completed, you guys have had a ton going on.

Get that hospital bag ready lady!

When I was getting close to my due date with DS, my SIL suggested sleeping on a towel in case my water broke. She is a nurse. Good thing I listened and slept on a beach towel for a couple of weeks. My water broke the day before my due date when I was just about to get out of bed.

Thats understandable, not wanting to overload your DH. I see how much stress is off DH's shoulders with this permanent job (he started today!) and I wonder sometimes if we maybe have had a little too much going on... and that is why the time just flew by.

Yes, we are totally psyched! His uncle (an electrician) updated all the wiring and grounded the outlets in our living room so I need to touch up around the outlets and paint over the fireplace and we're DONE in there! It shouldn't take more than a half hour... :woohoo:
We've had our brand new furniture and rugs in there since January and not been able to enjoy it! I'm ready!
DH's mom just re-stained and varnished our hardwoods in there, too, so it's like a completely different room! :yay::yay:
(You would seriously not even be able to believe the before/after pictures!)

I know, I know. I can't figure out a bag to take.. which is most of the problem! I only have little suitcases, really, and they're all packed up. I wasn't thinking when I did that. :laughing:
Do you have your bag packed??

Sometime around the time I got pregnant DH :rolleyes1 and I spent a mini-fortune on a new bed and mattress so I've got a total-mattress waterproof cover that I plan to put on here in a few weeks...
They told us any stain, at all, voids the warranty.. I'm not taking any chances.

No I am not packed yet...I have a little while still, I guess I will do it around 35 weeks. I have to make sure I have stuff packed for DS also to go with whoever when the time comes.

Does anyone have swelling of fingers or feet going on? I had it with DS, but none yet...knock on wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter