Mexican Riviera - Party of 13!!! - ohhhhhh yeahhhhh!!! - Updated w/ Cabo resort inf

I'd love to have the info if you could PM it to me--thanks!
I don't think you can pm me but I would love the resort info ... we are doing the trip in April and booked the excursion but would like to know the info incase we want to do it agin the second day. - Thank you

Thanks for the info ... I guess you can PM me now:)

Thank you so much for posting. I am getting into the panic mode here! We are going on our first Disney Cruise-MR in March. Loved all the information you shared. It is so great to hear what cruisers like you have to say. We are traveling with my husband and two eight year old kids. Cannot wait!!!! Loved your pirate pics!@

I would love to have someone PM / send me that cabo resort info too
thank you very much
we leave a month from today - can't wait

Sooooo it turns out unless I am in full on vacation mode I kinda suck at keeping up with the disboards.....I missed sooo many PM request for the Cabo Resort info so here it is.

http://www.villadelpalmar-cabo.com/
The resort is Villa del Palmar, day pass is available on the day of arrival. Hotel phone number from US line is 011 52 624 145 7000 (this # gets you hotel and not service center like the 888# does) or you can try 888-317-2226 in case you wanted to just call and confirm day pass prices, but what we paid was $50.00 per adult and $25.00 per child under 11. Day passes are purchased when you arrive at hotel at the front desk. There is no real reason to call the resort in advance other then to confirm that day passes will be offered in the month you trip is taking place, but I was told they are ALWAYS offered. The ages of children are not checked and children don’t even have to stand with you at check in so if you have kids 11-15 I would suggest you just say they are 10 or 11, the purpose of charging and adult $50.00 is to cover the fact that alcohol drinks are included in all day pass price. It is an excellent deal and excellent price for all you get. Soooooo don’t be shy to order as much as you want off the menu for drinks and food……. Oh and something the kids will love is the day pass covers all you can order ice cream and smoothies…..YUMMY
Not all waiters there at the resort are familiar with the day pass so I would make sure you waiter knows that you have paid the front desk for day pass and that includes all you can eat and drink, if you have any problems a quick talk with the front desk will resolve the situation. I was told at the time that they usually give day passers a wrist band but when we went they were out. I again would suggest paying cash, at the end of the day you will have to sign for your bill…..DO NOT FREAK……this is just for hotel record keeping purposes, you do not give them a credit card and DO NOT write in a tip. As I suggested in my report I would tell your waiter that if he takes care of you all day you will take care of him before you leave the resort, it makes the tipping so much easier and this way you don’t feel like you have to tip him for each drink or food item you order. REMEMBER ALL DRINKS and FOOD is free. Please try and keep it low key that you are from the Disney Cruise Line because I am sure if Disney got wind of this deal they would either prohibit the hotel from selling day passes to cruisers or stop doing business with the hotel because if you look at it from Disney’s point of view the more people who know about hotel day passes the more people who will do a day pass directly with the hotel and skip the overpriced excursion with DCL.
We did the day pass on day one when we were in Cabo it worked out best with time, day pass is good until 6pm and we arrived to Cabo at 11am and departed at 6:30pm so we had more then enough time to enjoy the day pass.
It is about a 10 min taxi ride from where the tender drops you. Make sure you reach a rate for the taxi before you get in. As FYI our original taxi rate was going to be $3 per person each way for 13 of us in a van, but we got them down to $21 each way.
Have fun and enjoy……

Were there several large van taxis available at the Cabo port or did you pre-arrange for one? We have a party of 12 and are wondering if we'll need to split up. Also, where exactly should we go to catch a taxi once we get off the tender? Thanks!

(Sent you a PM, too!)

Were there several large van taxis available at the Cabo port or did you pre-arrange for one? We have a party of 12 and are wondering if we'll need to split up. Also, where exactly should we go to catch a taxi once we get off the tender? Thanks!

(Sent you a PM, too!)

There are a couple of areas just off the dock to catch a cab.

1. Walk straight ahead off the dock (no turns). You'll pass an ice cream stand on your right and there will be a bar straight ahead. Wiggle slightly to the left (follow the walkway) and you'll see a street where several smaller cabs pick up and drop off people. This is where the mexican food trucks are also if you're so inclined.

2. For larger groups, you can turn right off the dock (staying on the edge of the marina), then left just before the dolphin facility. It's just a couple minute walk. There are usually several large white vans parked there. Used them many times.

Good luck and have fun!

No sign and on every cruise usually the check in cast members will say the cruise is SOLD OUT.....however it never hurts to check with the supervisor desk. On our Eastern Carrib cruise we were told by the cast member checking us in that NO UPGRADES were available......once I finished with the initial check in I walked over and got in supervisor line (which is seperate and they do have in San Pedro) and once it was my turn I asked if any upgrades were available and low and behold the answer was YES!!!!
So if an upgrade is what you are looking for it never hurts to just double check with the supervisors desk following your initial check in.

It is my understanding that upgrades are not permissable with a vgt, is that correct?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!