Maybe I'll do a trip report? Don't read! I haven't decided! NEW for 1/31! Read it!

I accidentally posted the wrong update.
So here's a bonus update about what any good planner does when faced with possibly 24 people 160 days before a trip:

ADRs!!!!

ADRs *CAN* be made up to 180 days in advance. But that “CAN” is only for newbies and wussies.
ADRs *MUST* be made 180 days in advance!
Especially if you have a potential party of 24!
Eek!
So I start calling Disney Dining.
Repeatedly.
Making as many ADRs as possible.
For random numbers of people.
At random times.
At random restaurants.
Heh.
If you haven’t figured it out yet, I’m a dork.
So why are 22 ADRs impossible?
Here’s where I’d have to be:

1st day – Dinner at Sci Fi for 2
2nd Day – Breakfast at Chef Mickey’s for 20. Breakfast at Crystal palace for 8. Tea for 13. Dinner at Chef Mickey’s for 20.
3rd Day – Dinner at Boma for 2. Dinner at Rainforest Café for 8.
4th Day – Lunch at Garden Grill for 20
5th Day – Dinner at O’Hana for 10
6th Day – Dinner at O’Hana for 3 (this one isn’t even for me – Nab and I got our days mixed up, so I made a new ADR for her)
Still 6th day – Tea for 10. Then Tea for 10 more. Then dinner for 2 at Sci Fi
7th Day – dinner for 2 at San Angel
8th day – dinner for 2 at Liberty Tree tavern, dinner for 10 at Spoodles, dinner for 12 at Chef Mickey’s.
9th day – Tea for 8, dinner for 2 at Wolfgang Puck’s. dinner for 10 at Primetime.
10th day – Dinner for 10 at Le’Cellier.
11th day – Dinner for 10 at Spoodles

Whew! That’s a lot of eatin’!

Yes I was the one that got mixed up on the O'Hana day!!

But Celery fixed it for me a because she is the best....:love:

Looking at that it looks like we are only going to eat on this trip....:lmao:

Carry on....popcorn::

I just saw your before and after pictures. You look fabulous!!! I especially like your new haircut!

So, what did the guy say when he came back from his manager...

Denise

More Haiku for You.

If I may be rude -
Dear Miss Windywannabe
write your report --NOW.

Wheat Thins

I'm NOT doing a PreTrip. I'm probably just going to jump right in. Or not. I haven't decided. Maybe if enough things go horribly wrong. Maybe if one or more of us has a total meltdown? Maybe if my expectations far exceed the actual reality? It is a whooooooole new ball of wax this time because dd2 will be 3 and WILL be 40 inches tall. She's Juuuuuuust under the mark. I'm going to start a "Do you ever stuff your toddler's shoes so she can ride the more scarry and dangerous rides?" thread. On the Attractions board. :rolleyes1 ANY of her un-stuft shoes will get her there. But just in case, her BRATZ 3 inch wedges will be the SHOE!

I'm NOT doing a PreTrip. I'm probably just going to jump right in. Or not. I haven't decided. Maybe if enough things go horribly wrong. Maybe if one or more of us has a total meltdown? Maybe if my expectations far exceed the actual reality? It is a whooooooole new ball of wax this time because dd2 will be 3 and WILL be 40 inches tall. She's Juuuuuuust under the mark. I'm going to start a "Do you ever stuff your toddler's shoes so she can ride the more scarry and dangerous rides?" thread. On the Attractions board. :rolleyes1 ANY of her un-stuft shoes will get her there. But just in case, her BRATZ 3 inch wedges will be the SHOE!

Ok - not fair! Your future SIL (son in law) is just under the 40 inch mark too! I can't very well throw BRATZ sandals or any sort of girlie wedge on him. :confused3 I did however buy Vans with thick soles and made some lifts with foam board. Allegedly. :rolleyes1

I just bought DD3 2 inch wedge sandals from Kohls. She hits the 40 inch mark by my calculations, but figure I'll err on the side of caution just in case!

Not an update, but it is trip report related.

So yesterday I sent my mom an email with a link to a sewing thread on the DIS that Utah got me addicted to.

My mom called me last night and said “I don’t appreciate all the mean things you wrote about me.”

“What?”

“About how you hated having me with you and I ruined your trip.”

“oh. That’s not what I said. I meant for you to look at the pictures of the clothes, not my trip report.”

So Mom, if you’re reading, I love you! Really!

I double checked the email. I sent her the right link, she just clicked on the link in my signature. Oops.

Lauralee – Of course I have to leave you hanging! I have to make sure you come back!

Nabbers – moo had the wrong date too, so it might have been me that messed up. I just hope you’ll come to tea too that day!

Praisehisname – Thanks! You have to stay tuned to see what happens!

Utah – I thought we were trying to stay away from hooker shoes? :rolleyes1

Disneyland Mama – So you ARE related to Utah – just in the future!

Myrsfamily – better safe than sorry.

eeeeekkkkk

somebody ....

needed $$$MONEY$$$ laptop, disney payment...

:confused3

So let’s fast forward to the beginning of May, shall we?
It’s Saturday the 5th – my mom’s Birthday!
Awww!
Tammy and I are planning to take her out to dinner, but first we have to go listen to a timeshare spiel.

Grumble, grumble, right?

But we’re gonna get lots of free stuff.

Free movie tickets, a free meal and a free weekend at a location of our choosing.

We can sit through a 90 minute presentation for that, right?

Right.

Especially since I’m smart enough to know that time shares are for rich people. I’d sat through the DVC presentation before (for free stuff! Woo! And so I could get a tour!) and I knew that the investment just was not feasible for us. For one thing, we were perfectly content at Pop Century. Why would we pay so much more? There was no real reason for us.

So.

I told Tammy:

”I’ve done the math. There is no way they can make this affordable for us. You are not allowed to talk! I will do the talking. You will just smile. No chit chat! That’s how they suck you in! We WILL be strong!!!”

So we went into the Fairfield/Wyndham sales office.

Hmm. Pertty nice.

But stay strong!

So we sit down and talk to the guy.

We purposely tell him we’re gay, hoping he’ll freak out.

He doesn’t.

He talks to us.

He shows us pictures of his wife.

He talks some more.

He asks what we like to do on vacation.

“Disney and cruises.”

“And how much do you spend?”

“I don’t have my spreadsheet in front of me, but I’ll try to remember. I think last year we spent about $1500 bucks for an 11 night trip to Disney World, food and airfare included. We also went on a 7 day cruise in December for less than $500 per person. And we leave this Thursday for a 5 day trip to Disney that’s costing us $800 all together. That’s not counting our trip to Albuquerque or our other trip to Florida through work.”

“Wow. You get great deals!”

“I know. I’m cheap. That’s why a timeshare will not work for us.”

“Since you mentioned Disney, let me show you one of our resorts. It’s the only resort on Disney property that is not owned by Disney.”

(That’s not exactly true, but I’m not going to correct him.)

“I know about Bonnet Creek. It’s right beside the hotel we stay at.”

“Oh? You know of it? You know, most couples that come in here give themselves a pep talk before they walk in the door. They make a pact to not buy, to not talk. Did you all do that?”

“Ummm."

"Maybe.”

“Well let me see if I can change your minds.”

4 hours later, we’re still talking (I’m not exaggerating. It was really that long!).

And we’re not buying, mind you, but having a great time with this guy. He’s so much fun!

Anyway, we tour the place and think “Wow. This is great.”

But we don’t need it.

And then comes the point in the presentation where we talk real dollar amounts.

He whips out some papers and I smile and say “No thank you. I don’t have that kind of money.”

He says “What would it take to get you to sign today?”

I try to low ball him.

“A $500 deposit and no more than $200 a month, maintenance fees included, ten year term.”

So he goes to talk to his manager.

Just for the record! I was very good. Did not talk except to share my opinion of likes/dislikes and favorite disney trips! (I personally would have loved to have taken the gay cruise. Especially knowing now what I didn't know then.

Celery Girl! I'm all caught up!

I knew you'd get the Tonga Toast....or was it Ben that got the Tonga Toast? (Ben=Hubba). Anyway, it sounds more like dessert than an appetizer. I think I'm gonna try the pump fake Tonga Toast at POR in Sept. But prolly at breakfast time.

Poor Tammy! She does not look happy on ToT. But at least she tried it! Way to go, Tammy! I love the picture with the Queen of Hearts. Heh. :laughing:

Are you gonna dish somemore on the Carnival Cruise? My DH wants to take a cruise or maybe he just suggested a cruise to get my mind off Disney. Either way it sounds like fun so I'm anxious to hear more.

Why do you have to change your signature? Did you get pulled over by the siggie police? Or do you just not like the suggestion of peanut butter and raisins on your celery? Is today an update day? How many Lapu Lapus can nebo drink? Why do I feel like Haley asking all these questions?

popcorn::

Just so you know....This was not my las tride and nor will it be. I actually like it...once you get past the dropping heart into your stomach feeling!

Not an update, but it is trip report related.

So yesterday I sent my mom an email with a link to a sewing thread on the DIS that Utah got me addicted to.

My mom called me last night and said “I don’t appreciate all the mean things you wrote about me.”

“What?”

“About how you hated having me with you and I ruined your trip.”

“oh. That’s not what I said. I meant for you to look at the pictures of the clothes, not my trip report.”

:scared1:

eeyore - Huh?!?!?!

Sorry - I was quite frustrated... My laptop is dead, I cant use the A, S, K, L on it - dh has lent me his laptop - but he'll be taking it away tomorrow!!

I EEKED over your post about your Mom reading all over your trip report!! I can only imagine!!

I'm up for a TOT ride!! (I usually ride it all alone!!) Not much reason to hit MGM with rnrc down - Backlot tour is boring with out the backlot (they used to film opening shows, like for Golden Girls!! The tour gets smaller and smaller!)

Of course all the rumors on what may be put in MGM are quite exciting!!

Sorry I confuzzled you!!
:hippie:

MRYPPNS, myrsfmly and WDW Poly Princess - Thanks for reading!!

eeyore - Ahh! I see!

Sorry I haven't been following my schedule. I've had computer issues both with my work laptop and my internet service at home. Hopefully I'll get back on track.

Here's an update:

When we left you, the timeshare guy had gone to talk to his manager. Let's see what happens next . . .

He comes back.
“How about $500 today, $400 at the end of the month and $220 per month for 10 years. “
Crap.
My low ball plan didn’t work.

Ummm.
We’ll take it?
Heh.
This is where the “Why not be broke at the same time?” part I alluded to in my first post comes in.
Sigh.

But really, it’s a good deal. I swear.
If you don’t think so, don’t tell me. I’ve heard it enough.

Anyway, we’ll be staying:

11 nights at Bonnet Creek in September 2007

(the last night we’re staying at a Homewood Suites on Hilton Honors points)

4 nights around Christmas at a resort 3 hours from here

5 nights at Bonnet Creek in May of 2008

11 nights at Bonnet Creek in September of 2008

And then January of 2009, we get more points.

So we’re paying (not counting the deposit) around $3000.00 for 31 nights.
Tell me that that’s not a good deal?
Again, only tell me if you agree with me that it’s a great deal. Heh.

One reason it’s such a good deal is they gave us extra points at the beginning to see what it’s like to be a “VIP.”
So what are we going to do in 2010 when we lose VIP status? Eek. I don’t know.
But until then, we’re eligible for free upgrades.
This is what we have reserved in September:

1bed_deluxe.gif

And this is what I’ll be calling to try and upgrade to 30 days before we leave:

2bed_deluxe.gif

Oh man, oh man. I hope they’re not fully booked!

Hmm. What would two people need with that much space?
I dunno! Let’s find out!

I think it sounds like you got a great deal! And wow! Look at the floorplan-you'll have lots of room!

Denise

Celery, I've enjoyed your funny on other threads. But, let me say: You are bringin' the FUNNY here. :cool1:

And,

congrats on a great deal! :thumbsup2

Looking forward to lots more! popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter