May the Force be with who? A May 2013 PTR

Had the job interview today. There ended up being two positions available. One will deal solely with attendance and the other will deal with the disciplinary issues that come into the Student Services office. I have a good feeling about this one as they asked me for references at the end of the interview!

That's a good sign. :goodvibes

:headache:

:hug:

:badpc: (imagine that computer is the people who didn't hire you)

:banana: (this is you as I'm smashing the "computer")

:worship: (this is them as they realize a few days later they hired the wrong person and come crawling back to you)

:badpc: (this is me again, telling them you don't want to work for them anymore and that they missed out)

:drinking1:chat: (then there is us celebrating and talking trash about their loss and planning our next trip to WDW)

Subbing! May is an awesome time to go! My siblings will be doing the YES program on our upcoming Aug. trip - I want to chaperone to get into the parks early! Can't wait to hear about your BBB experience as I want to take my niece Oct. 2013.

:headache:

:hug:

:badpc: (imagine that computer is the people who didn't hire you)

:banana: (this is you as I'm smashing the "computer")

:worship: (this is them as they realize a few days later they hired the wrong person and come crawling back to you)

:badpc: (this is me again, telling them you don't want to work for them anymore and that they missed out)

:drinking1:chat: (then there is us celebrating and talking trash about their loss and planning our next trip to WDW)
I love you man!!! :hug:

Subbing! May is an awesome time to go! My siblings will be doing the YES program on our upcoming Aug. trip - I want to chaperone to get into the parks early! Can't wait to hear about your BBB experience as I want to take my niece Oct. 2013.
Welcome!

I went in 2011 at the end of May/beginning of June and loved it!

Had I told DH about SWW then, I wouldn'tve been allowed to go! :rotfl2:

I'm really looking forward to going and I'd like to get my plans fully going but it's all a waiting game with renting the DVC points. popcorn::

I'm getting antsy!

PS - Please let me know how the YES program goes. DS really wants to do one of the programs next year and I can't wait to see what opens up as far as individual enrollment and opportunities!

DH asked me yesterday if I had bought any points yet.

I guess I didn't explain how the rental process would go! :rotfl2:

Then I realized that I didn't tell him at all! It's MY job to plan! All he is responsible for is setting the number of days, time of year, and picking restaurants from my predetermined list.

Speaking with some friends in another thread made me think about the FLE construction and how excited I am to see its completion. I revisited photos I took from Dumbo on our September 2009 and May/June 2011 trips and it's crazy to see the progress, especially if you view the most recent aerial photos from the construction.

So here you go, a look into the past:
It's so hard to think that the FLE looked like this on our second family trip in September 2009:
DSC_4667Medium.jpg

The support beams had JUST started to emerge for Ariel's ride and Prince Eric's castle. You can still see the OLD tents from Toontown.

DSC_4679Medium.jpg

This is the beginning of the BoG and Gaston's Tavern eateries as well as the base for Beast's castle.

And in May 2011
Beast's Castle rises:
DSC_8670.jpg

Little Mermaid:
DSC_8664.jpg

HERE is the link for the most recent updates.

And HERE is the link for the aerial shots.

DH also asked if I was planning to eat at Be Our Guest for dinner. I told him no, since it wasn't a character meal. I figure we'll grab CS there for lunch one day and go from there. I'd rather use a credit at Akershus than BoG.

I'm ASSUMING we'll be able to eat inside BoG with it being CS? Anyone know for sure?

I will let you know about the YES program - they are pretty excited for it, so it should be fun.

Hey, my friend from TP did a DDP breakdown and found this:

In order to not waste money on regular DDP, you need to spend
$3.16 on a snack, $17.21 for QS, and $35.22 for TS.

My apologies for the recent absence. I had DS's birthday party and a small auto race to contend with this weekend.

Here are some of the shots from the day. :teeth:

DSC_1178-low by kwitcherkicken99, on Flickr

DSC_1196-low by kwitcherkicken99, on Flickr

DSC_1231-low by kwitcherkicken99, on Flickr

DSC_1320-low by kwitcherkicken99, on Flickr

DSC_1343-low by kwitcherkicken99, on Flickr

DSC_1435-low by kwitcherkicken99, on Flickr

DSC_1467-low by kwitcherkicken99, on Flickr

DSC_1494-low by kwitcherkicken99, on Flickr

DSC_1652-low by kwitcherkicken99, on Flickr

DSC_1689-low by kwitcherkicken99, on Flickr

DSC_1844-low by kwitcherkicken99, on Flickr

DSC_1916-low by kwitcherkicken99, on Flickr

DSC_1958-low by kwitcherkicken99, on Flickr

DSC_1961-low by kwitcherkicken99, on Flickr

DSC_1977-low by kwitcherkicken99, on Flickr

DSC_2012-low by kwitcherkicken99, on Flickr

And for the record... that second shot IS the Ron Howard. You may recognize him better this way:
single-dads-andygriffith1.jpg

or this way:
HappyDays9004.jpg

I think I'll talk a bit about what BBB package I'm planning to do for DD. :teeth:

I've battled with the should I? Shouldn't I for DD and I knew it wouldn't be worth it before she was at least 4. Yes, I think it's super adorable to see pint-sized princesses bounding up and down Main Street with their tight buns and sashes, but I couldn't see paying that kind of money when knowing DD, she'd want to pull it out by lunch.

Now that she's growing up and actually willing to leave her hairstyles alone, it's not so bad.

PLUS they instituted a new package earlier this year that I think is totally worth in the long run.

My biggest issue with BBB was the amount of money spent for one day. It goes all the way back to high school. I didn't go to prom for a reason - I couldn't see spending that kind of money on one day.

Now I'm a mom and will do things I used to think were "silly" or "not a good idea".

The biggest reason I have struggled in the past with BBB was the cost of the dresses and the lack of ability to really wear them again. I mean, you can... but it's not like you can really wear them in public other than Disney and frankly, I see no point in paying $50+ for a poorly made dress. It's a wholly different thing if you have a quality garment, one that is made extremely well and won't fall apart or start to fray after two wears.

May I introduce the Courtyard package.
The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique has added a new package - The Courtyard Package into the mix. The Courtyard Package is $85.95 and includes shimmering makeup, nails, an exclusive courtyard hair style, princess sash, face gems, princess cinch bag, and a Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique t-shirt and tutu! What a great - value for only $85.95! Please note that the tshirt sizes are youth small-XL and adult sizes small-XL and the tutus are available in two sizes small and medium.

Here is a link to a report of the Courtyard from the DTD BBB location.

It completely sold me.

I showed DD the post report and she about flew out of our seat when she saw the outfit that came with it. I will get a size bigger shirt and tutu - I can cinch the waist with a slipstitch like I have to do with all of her other bottoms - dang kid has a tiny waist and no butt, so there's nothing to hold up her trousers! :rotfl2:Then she'll be able to wear that outfits on several different occasions once we get back home.

I also like the hairstyle they do. I've never been a fan of the tight buns, even less so when I saw reports of some of the kids actually loosing their hair from the overly tight 'do. DD has a not super-sensitive head, but doesn't tolerate a lot of pulling and stretching that comes along with up-dos. To see the twists on the crown of the head pulled together in the pony, I think we'll be in business.

I can't wait to take her to BBB for her very first experience. She's not one who like a lot of attention an fuss, but I have a good feeling her FGM-IT (Fairy Godmother - In Training) will be able to really bring her around and give her an experience that will make her feel great for the day. princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter