May the Force be with who? A May 2013 PTR

They have a series of trivia questions then a TINY section for free response.

While I think the trivia is a great idea, any fool can google the answer in a new browser... :scratchin:

My guess is the 2nd round gets notified next week-ish?

AND...

I just won an auction on Ebay of someone's personal trading pin collection! :banana:

Granted I plan to keep some of them, but it'll still give us enough for all four of us to trade comfortably next May!

There was a Madame Mim pin I'm not letting go and a few pirate ones for DS and just a few princess ones for DD.

Can't wait until next week!!!

We are partying with Nemo today in celebration of DD's upcoming birthday.

nemo.jpg

We have to attend a wedding of a dear friend on her actual birthday, and the following weekend, so we have to party early this year.

Thing that DH and I aren't 100% even keel on is the number of treat bags I made up. I only did 15. I've had 13 kids RSVP and the party is today.

Is it mean of me to feel NOT sorry if I don't have enough if someone didn't RSVP?

And super exciting planning news!

Two DIFFERENT co-workers have asked me to help them plan trips for next year!

One group of them MAY be there the same time we're going!

I had a long response all typed out and the Dis chewed it up! :mad:

So.....the short version....

Stick to your guns on the Treat Bags.

Hope the timing works out for you and that colleague.

I had a long response all typed out and the Dis chewed it up! :mad:

So.....the short version....

Stick to your guns on the Treat Bags.

Hope the timing works out for you and that colleague.
I had 1 bag to spare! :banana:

I think it'd be really cool to bump into them down in WDW!

DH and I did some preliminary restaurant bouncing and I came to the conclusion that MOST of the places we talked about are in EP...

So... to hop or not???

That IS the question!

FWIW... we discussed eating at San Angel (or that place in Mexico, per DH), Teppan Edo, Le Cel, Akershus, and Garden Grill at EP. Hollywood and Vine (if/when Jake and his crew take over), Boma, CP...

We DID decide that we have no interest in eating at BoG. At all. We aren't keen on French cuisine so that stop is officially off the menu so to say.

Kwitch - I would hop. It just gives you the flexibility to move to a different park for those EMHs - morning or night. And my family is the same. We love the food at Epcot; so we always seem to end up in that park most nights for dinner.

Adding Hoppers ($200) + Courtyard package @ BBB ($90) ... that's a lot of cheese!

The hopper cost will be a non-issue if we get into YES.

DH also decided to apply for a Disney Visa for the $200 GC reward.

Stay tuned!

Adding Hoppers ($200) + Courtyard package @ BBB ($90) ... that's a lot of cheese!

Stay tuned!

True....but will the cheese be as good as the cheese from Epcot?

Hope you get into YES (whatever this is??) and that you get the $200 GC reward.

kwitcherkicken99 said:

Stay tuned!

How did you get the $200? Every offer we got was for $50 or $100. DH was hoping for the $200, bit we never saw it. Had to apply anyway since we want to book next month!

How did you get the $200? Every offer we got was for $50 or $100. DH was hoping for the $200, bit we never saw it. Had to apply anyway since we want to book next month!
DH came across it somewhere. IDK if it was mailed to him or what.

He just told me he was going to apply.

Believe it or not, in all of LIFE getting in the way of my planning, I had about an hour to plot our meals while I waited for the doctor.

To tell a bit of back story, my right knee is toast. There is something going on and it is causing a lot of joint pain and my whole leg to swell up. Last time it got this bad I had to have a cortisone shot and it worked for well, a month... :sad2:. After the fabulous wedding I shot this weekend, it has re-flared with a vengeance. I cannot straighten my leg nor really bear weight on it. There is no blood clot (already had a doppler). I will be starting a steroid pack to HOPEFULLY squash the swelling. I don't want another shot. They suck!

ANYWAY... :rolleyes1

I originally looked at a lot of our ADRs at EP but I really don't want to hop if I can avoid it. DH really wanted to return to Akershus because he enjoyed the meal, but the more I thought about it, an EP meal needed to go and we needed a meal for one of our MK days.

Here's the NEW breakdown:

MK - BBB; CRT
MK - Plaza?
EP - YES; Garden Grill
EP - Le Cellier
AK - Boma
DHS - 50sPT
DHS - SWW; CS all day

I know it's one more signature meal than I wanted to do, but DH said that we needed a princess meal and Akershus is not going to work out, so DD and I will go to BBB while DS and DH sleep in. We'll meet up for an ADR at CRT later in the day.

I also have no desire to lose valuable SWW times sitting on our butts at a TS meal so we'll eat up some CS meals that day. Probably hit up Backlot Express and depending on what time we leave, grab something close to home from the bakery or such.

I'm pretty pleased with our picks.

Now all I need to do is set our park days!

Oh, and that whole BOOKING thing... :rolleyes1

:rotfl2:

Kwitch...I hope that knee of yours improves and gets better. :hug:

Nice looking potential-ADRs! :thumbsup2

DH is going to kill me... NOW he wants to go during Memorial Day weekend so he can save vacation days.

It totally makes sense, BUT here's where I'm concerned...

Memorial Day weekend starts May 25. We get out of school May 24... we had a MASSIVE drought this year and traditionally, in times of great drought the winters are the polar opposite and VERY nasty.

I'm afraid if we go over our snow days and I book our trip May 25-31 that I'll be in BIG trouble at work. We only have 2 snow days built into our calendar. Granted we hardly ever use them - we delay before we consider cancelling unless the weather is horrid.

AND TP isn't showing SWW at DHS Memorial Day weekend.

Decisions, decisions!!

DH is going to kill me... NOW he wants to go during Memorial Day weekend so he can save vacation days.

DH is going to kill you?????

I would have thought it was the other way round!! Since when did DH, SO, partners get in the way of a Dis-ser's planning????? :rotfl:

Good luck with the rearrangement!

He's stayed out of EVERY other trip!!! :rotfl2:

He belongs with the Babnanas, changing his mind so much!

I'm doing my best to appease the family since I got to go to WDW twice last year. It's only fair if I plan everything but with their choices.

He originally wanted to go Tuesday to Tuesday, then cut down the days to five. Then it was up to six. He finally gave into me and went for seven. Then he wanted to leave the Tuesday after school was out. Now he wants to leave the day after!

:headache:

We really need to get this all lined up so my friend can concentrate on finding us a room!

I priced out a contingency plan and I don't like the numbers. AND we'd have to stay in a value. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter