Magic band + shipping

Ugh...mine made it to the in state USPS distribution center (about 30 minutes away) at 2:30 this morning, but then no further updates. Starting to worry they won't make it here tomorrow!

If no movement or updates by mid morning, DH is going to see if he can pick them up since he works a few minutes from the distribution center

So I was curious last night and looked at the bank statement. The amount is missing now from the statement. Does that mean anything?

Our status just changed to shipped last night. No email (never got the initial email either). 6 MB+, all themed.

This is for the second leg of our Labor Day trip (Sept 3-5), but when I first ordered it, it was for the whole trip (1-5). Hopefully they arrive in time before we leave.

Well, latest tracking says it will arrive by end of day on the 26th (keeping in mind they have been at the distribution center 30 minutes away since 2am yesterday!). We have a 5am flight tomorrow, so fairly certain we aren't getting them!

Does anyone know if guest services outside of the park can help with this fiasco? We are staying at S/D first, before moving to AKL (how we ordered bands) but had wanted to have the bands for the whole trip, especially since we are going to HS first! I would rather not have to spend time and energy on our first going to AKL to get this sorted out!

My bands shipped early yesterday (Wednesday) morning and all I see on the OSM tracking site is “in transit” and “currently awaiting package” on the USPS site. Is this typical of other’s experience? Thanks.
I suspect you are seeing the same thing I am for my resort MB+ order. I received an email from Disney on 8/17 stating they shipped, but the USPS tracking doesn't show them as being pickup up by OSM yet. So, they are either still sitting in Davenport FL or the tracking number on my order history is incorrect.

The MB+ order I placed for our APs was picked up by OSM (per USPS tracking) before I received the shipping email from Disney.

Will they still be doing the 'keep your band when it arrives and here is a $50 gift card' if the band doesn't arrive in time for your September trip? Or was that only for the first few weeks of missed deliveries?

Bands finally shipped last night! No email, arriving on the 31st. I didn't end up calling or emailing so not sure how much difference that makes. Although, I'm reserving my excitement until I get them and make sure something is actually in the box!

Oh. Checked the page today and was marked as shipped! No email or anything. Hoping I have it in our hands sometime next week.

Edit: Noticed they were being shipped from FL and we are up in Atlanta, so don't expect too long till we get them

Last edited:
Will they still be doing the 'keep your band when it arrives and here is a $50 gift card' if the band doesn't arrive in time for your September trip? Or was that only for the first few weeks of missed deliveries?
I just called because my latest tracking shows expected to arrive the 26th and I leave tomorrow. They credited me but couldn't offer a discount. Said that front desk should probably do the $10 credit. If they think it has already been resolved by the gift card, remind the front desk that was only for guests arriving before the 15th.

I ordered around 9:30 AM EDT on the first day. Check in on 9/3, first park day is 9/4, but I leave home on 9/1, which is now less than two weeks out. So far my order remains in progress, hold dropped off the credit card probably 3 weeks ago, and I have received no emails of any kind. Hoping it arrives before I leave and that if it does not, that I'm offered the same recovery offer I've seen described here and other places online.

I called yesterday and today I got this cryptic email:

"At this time, we are experiencing delays in processing MagicBand(+) orders. Please rest assured that your order is still in progress and we are working to get it out soon.

Once the MagicBands (+) ship out, you will receive tracking details via email and will display in the "Order History" of the My Disney Experience.

We thank you for your continued patience and understanding."

So what the heck does that mean? That my order is eternally "processing?" I'm still hoping mine will come before the trip. If not I hope they offer me the coupon!

My order has been showing “shipped” since early Wednesday morning… tracking gives the disappointing USPS “awaiting package”. We leave here on the 30th, so theoretically they should get here in time, but I’m not vey confident. 🤨. Considering I ordered the day they went live, I really hope they let us pick up bands on site if they don’t show… a month is more than enough time for them to do their part on these…

I checked the Disney site, and my bands have shipped and I have a tracking number. They were "picked up by shipping partner" and are on their way to USPS. They shipped on August 18th and are in Davenport, Florida. I have no prospective date of delivery.

So the time from order to shipped for me was like 10 days. And I'm in Ohio in terms of how long it'll take to get places.

I checked the Disney site, and my bands have shipped and I have a tracking number. They were "picked up by shipping partner" and are on their way to USPS. They shipped on August 18th and are in Davenport, Florida. I have no prospective date of delivery.

So the time from order to shipped for me was like 10 days. And I'm in Ohio in terms of how long it'll take to get places.
Hi. If they haven’t been picked up yet by USPS. How do you know the location? My OSM tracking just says “in transit”. Thanks.

Update: once my bands shipped (never received any Disney emails or notifications. Just checked every day until there was a tracking number)… they moved pretty quickly. York less than 24 hrs and then up to Syracuse yesterday morning.. 530 yesterday evening they were marked as received in Buffalo Distribution Center (2 hrs away) and now they have sat for over 24 hrs in Buffalo. USPS says Monday delivery. Hoping to be pleasantly surprised with delivery tomorrow :jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter