Magic band + shipping

Yeah that's the other aspect I don't fully understand quite yet. If they have to be paired to a phone, does that mean my two young kids can't even have one since they don't have their own phones? From an outsider's perspective, sure seems like Disney launched these when the concept was still half-baked.
The only things that I noticed pairing does, is telling you how much battery is left and provides updates. I’m not sure what else it does. Because I didn’t have the app opened. My band vibrates at the statues and right before Harmonious started. Tap stiles work if the battery isn’t charged.

Just got notification that our bands are arriving Monday at 9pm- about 12 hours after we arrive at Disney and completely useless to us. I ordered them on 7/30 and they shipped 9/7. I hope Disney makes it right at check in.

We placed an order for regular second-gen Magicbands for our in-laws ahead of an upcoming trip at the end of September and they still haven't shipped. This process used to be so seamless before MagicBand+ launched. Why is it so messy now?

I'm now 3 weeks from departure, and starting to get a little worried. And I know it can take up to 2 weeks (10 business days) after it gets shipped.

It's a surprise gift for my brother, so I really hope it gets shipped soon.

I order magic bands- 2 limited edition, 2 magic band plus from Shopdisney.com on Sept 7…we leave for Disney on Nov 4….from what I’m kind of reading is they won’t ship for 2 months…is that the trend?

We got our magic bands today in Southeast Pennsylvania. I got an email the morning of September 7th, and they arrived this afternoon.

51A69D3D-4F46-4E64-8D68-6A53904D77EF.jpeg

Here is my timeline for ordering / receiving a MB+:
9/13/2022 - Ordered my MB+ as a part of a resort stay reservation
9/15/2022 - Notified that it shipped
9/24/2022 - received from USPS. Looks like it ping-ponged between 2 cities before finally making it here for delivery

Once I received it, it was a snap to charge-up, pair with iPhone, and update. Hopefully it will continue working during my upcoming trip.

With all these horror stories, is it better to not order through MyDisney at all. Just go to Disney Village upon arrival and buy them there?

With all these horror stories, is it better to not order through MyDisney at all. Just go to Disney Village upon arrival and buy them there?
It's your decision. If you order ahead of your arrival, you save $10 per band. You will not if you buy them on property.

It's your decision. If you order ahead of your arrival, you save $10 per band. You will not if you buy them on property.

OK - I've tried to read through the thread, but couldn't find what happens if they do not arrive in time for your trip. Do you know the answer? Thanks.

OK - I've tried to read through the thread, but couldn't find what happens if they do not arrive in time for your trip. Do you know the answer? Thanks.
Mine didn’t arrive in time - the concierge at the Contemporary refunded the cost and gave us a $10 credit per band.

I think they have the shipping issues for the new light up Magic Bands corrected now. Most of the problems were from the initial release ( I did not receive mine before my August trip. I was refunded the price and given a $50 Disney gift card, and my band was still shipped, I got it when I returned home). If you go to the Magic Band section on MDE, they will tell you how many days you have to order the bands in order to receive them. In the past, if it were close, they would be waiting at your resort when you checked in. If you have more than 3 weeks before your trip, you should get them in time.

I ordered mine about a month ago, we are in Canada so they don't mail them to us, they shipped them to the resort (which might just mean grabbed them from the resort gift shop??) about a week after ordering I got an email saying they were at the resort desk and would be waiting for us upon check in.

I ordered mine about a month ago, we are in Canada so they don't mail them to us, they shipped them to the resort (which might just mean grabbed them from the resort gift shop??) about a week after ordering I got an email saying they were at the resort desk and would be waiting for us upon check in.
You will pick them up from the front desk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter