Looks Like Someone Got Banned From Disney At FW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm "Old Testament" in these kind of situations.

Enforce the law. Fine them till it hurts then fine them some more.

And tell them they're welcome back to WDW in 2136.

Bama Ed

PS - if I was the guy in the overflow lot waiting for this jack*** to leave,

... we would have words ....

if I came across him as he was leaving.

iheartglaciers,

I was at the Fort in October and noted in my trip report that more people seemed to be abusing the 1100am checkout time (saw it most on Saturdays and Sundays). All the way until noon was not uncommon in the loop I was in (1100).

Fine them, ban them, disable their Magic Bands, prevent them from making future FastPasses, whatever. We can argue about how much grace period after 11am should be allowed but IMO I say anything starting 1101am is fair game (including me).

Rulez is da rulez. For you and me. :teacher:

Bama Ed

If only they could do that with the ones that book sites for MB privileges and then never show!

Bruh! That's the fuel money home!

View attachment 570449

We do that at the $22 per night campgrounds, but I think I'd have to leave my camper in overflow because that is two tanks of gas!

I really wonder if he just had a super crappy vacation (stressful cranky people don't seem to get happier at the Happiest Place on Earth for some reason)...he probably was never coming back anyway.

Super then tells the guy he is no longer welcome at The Fort and will be banned from Disney property and his account will be noted as such.
Meh. Assuming he travels with family (as most campers do), it would be easy enough for him to have a family member make the reservation next time. That won't stop him from coming back if he wants to come back, unfortunately.

Meh. Assuming he travels with family (as most campers do), it would be easy enough for him to have a family member make the reservation next time. That won't stop him from coming back if he wants to come back, unfortunately.

That might be true, Cheburashka, but the inconvenience to have to do so for the rest of your life is still somewhat satisfying.

If he is being honest and true to himself, not only did he piss off a WDW CM and their supervisor, he'll eventually (if he hasn't done so already) do it to his family members. Leopards don't change their spots.

Who will then refuse to get his rear end in the gate.

Bama Ed

PS - while I believe that everyone should be given a chance to ask for forgiveness, it should be sincere and the time for reinstatement should not be short nor automatic.

I'm "Old Testament" in these kind of situations.

Enforce the law. Fine them till it hurts then fine them some more.

And tell them they're welcome back to WDW in 2136.

Bama Ed

PS - if I was the guy in the overflow lot waiting for this jack*** to leave,

... we would have words ....

if I came across him as he was leaving.

I wonder why the guy was late leaving? Everybody Some here seem to assume it is entitlement. It could be any number of things - maybe even something caused by Disney.

At the same time the guy in the overflow lot is not 'entitled' to his site until 3pm. Seems like another sense of entitlement to feel that they can impose their opinion on a total stranger during that stranger's interaction with a company.

Surprised at this response from you. Have read your posts for years and found them entertaining and even tempered.

Do I agree with how it was handled? No. Would I interfere? Definitely not.

Last edited:

While you are "entitled" to your opinion, Judique, I disagree with your assumption that everybody seems to assume it is entitlement issues. I think if you'll read my post I said nothing about this person, other than he probably saw his bill.

I did comment about my preference to check in early, but in no way insinuated he was at fault until he exceeded the stated checkout time. My desire to check in early is no responsibility of his. I get that. I do feel he was discourteous to CM and follow-on campers.
I agree this could have been a case of unnecessary escalation had Disney involved the Sheriffs office. Kudos to those that decided NOT to go that route.

Could be he had an extreme hangover, bad news from home, or his spouse left him (was she even there?). We'll never know.

We do know he was 1) in violation of the stated rule for checkout, 2) extremely discourteous to the CM, 3) disrespectful of the CM and other campers, and 4) a very poor example of acceptable behavior by an adult to others, especially any children present (which WDW seems to have a plethora of).

I'll need a lawyer (heaven forbid) to chime in here, but I believe no laws were broken except maybe trespassing after check out time passed. Still not a level of criminality to warrant LE to solve the problem. IMO.

I'll need a lawyer (heaven forbid) to chime in here, but I believe no laws were broken except maybe trespassing after check out time passed. Still not a level of criminality to warrant LE to solve the problem. IMO.
I'm no lawyer but I was behind the badge so I'll throw in a comment. Not leaving at the appointed time is civil not criminal. Once the agent for the property (CM supervisor) or someone above who has the authority to state someone is trespassing, tells someone to leave they are then trespassing and subject to arrest as it becomes criminal. From that point on, if the person comes back on the property they are trespassing and subject to arrest. Seriously, things don't normally get that far but technically they could. I don't think the mouse likes that kind of publicity.

Just my 2 cents, worth less now because of inflation, if the situation could have been defused, disney would have done it. There probably the best at not getting things to the point of removal or any bad publicity for that matter. They will go out of there way to make sure you are happy, even if you are in the wrong. With that said, if there was an issue that needded empathy, im certian they would have went that route. So i would place the blame on the irate camper. Especially since knowing the above. But I can only guess as i wasn't there first hand. That brings me to the closing point, at what point do we make breaking rules/ laws ok just to appease the few that are having a bad day? I dont get it. I dont think eaither side feels entitled, thats a buzz word now. I think he wasnt thinking clearly, why , thats to be determined.

I'm no lawyer but I was behind the badge so I'll throw in a comment. Not leaving at the appointed time is civil not criminal. Once the agent for the property (CM supervisor) or someone above who has the authority to state someone is trespassing, tells someone to leave they are then trespassing and subject to arrest as it becomes criminal. From that point on, if the person comes back on the property they are trespassing and subject to arrest. Seriously, things don't normally get that far but technically they could. I don't think the mouse likes that kind of publicity.
Thanks for the explanation, Don.

I'm glad to hear that WDW grew a pair with poorly behaved guests.
I've read many posts about guests refusing to respect the boundaries of others, from parking vehicles in others' campsites, to pool crashing, to not departing in a timely manner (like this situation), to even theft or breaking and entering.

I do realize that it wasn't quite time for the next group to check in, but the staff still needed to prepare the site for them.

We are also the types to check in early and leave early. We arrived at the Fort on our last trip around 8am. Although we assumed we would need to park in the overflow lot until the afternoon, we were pleasantly surprised that our site was ready.
On our departure day, we did go to a scheduled breakfast, but we were still well on our way out before the check-out time. Had we wanted to stay on WDW property longer, we would have simply moved our camper to the overflow lot. They do make it easy to abide by their rules.
We usually leave a given campground by 8am, however.

I was 15 minutes checking out of a Disney resort once. We were just running late, nothing serious. I was so nervous the entire time a cast member would come by and (fairly) charge me another night for being late! I truly doubt they ever would for 15 minutes, but I felt extra bad because we had asked for a late checkout and were denied. :wave2:

Well, at the risk of throwing fuel on this fire, here's a kicker for you.

Just witnessed the rental company's flat bed pickup come collect a rental 5er from site 1449 directly opposite to us (1458). They vacated the site at 12:10 pm, well after the published 11:00 a.m. checkout time.

Do they get special treatment from FW?
If so, why. The cleaning crew needs the same amount of time to return a campsite to service no matter who the previous renter/guest was.
If not, why didn't a CM come challenge the driver over the late departure? Another case of rules for some...not for all.

Doesn't seem fair to me.

Just witnessed the rental company's flat bed pickup come collect a rental 5er from site 1449 directly opposite to us (1458). They vacated the site at 12:10 pm, well after the published 11:00 a.m. checkout time.

If so, why. The cleaning crew needs the same amount of time to return a campsite to service no matter who the previous renter/guest was.
If not, why didn't a CM come challenge the driver over the late departure? Another case of rules for some...not for all.

Doesn't seem fair to me.
From the opening post it looks like the CM didn’t come by until 1:30pm. That’s already 2 1/2 hours grace initially given.

Doesn't seem fair to me.
I would certainly bet they do. They may have been moving to another site also, and that one needed to be ready first. When they split me in october, i had to stay untill like 130 pm untill the next site was ready for me to move to. So i was on a tent site and they split it to one week at the tent site one week in a full hook up. Longer story there. They called me when i was supost to move. My window was from 12 pm to 3 pm.

I wonder why the guy was late leaving? Everybody Some here seem to assume it is entitlement. It could be any number of things - maybe even something caused by Disney.

At the same time the guy in the overflow lot is not 'entitled' to his site until 3pm. Seems like another sense of entitlement to feel that they can impose their opinion on a total stranger during that stranger's interaction with a company.

Surprised at this response from you. Have read your posts for years and found them entertaining and even tempered.

Do I agree with how it was handled? No. Would I interfere? Definitely not.

The original post:
Around 130p a CM pulled up and asked the guy in the site across from ours if he would be gone soon as it was his check out day and he was supposed to be out by 11a. The guy says "I'll leave when I'm damn well ready to leave, not a moment sooner, got it?" The CM them told him they had someone waiting for that site and it still needed to be cleaned after he left. Guy says "I' don't care. I already told you I'll leave when I'm ready." The CM says sir you agreed to be out by 11a when you checked in. Guy says "Oh well."

I think it pretty clear from that the individual did not seem to be having anything more than an entitled moment going on here. No mention of mechanical problem or other issue.

No "assumption" here based on that description and certainly no indication it was a Disney reason.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter