Live show....what did you think?

I'm not writing the obit. In fact, I think you did a fine job of trying to rein in the discussion where it became too visual. But I think the point to be made here is that the video feed is (and should be) superior to an audio-only feed. Pulling back on the reins too much in order to make the video content equal the audio content may end up hurting the progression of the mediuim. Otherwise, what is the point of video? I would urge you to continue to go in the direction that you are going and I would urge those who might resist the video feed to embrace it. Then, and only then, can there be a leap forward. And that is meant as positive, constructive praise, and not criticism, constructive or otherwise.

I loved, loved the video podcast. I watched yesterday and today I just listened to it. I really enjoyed both. That being said though, I understand people's nervousness about losing the audio only shows. It's not that I am resisting the video shows, it's just they are time consuming. Like most people I listen to the show in my car or while working or walking or cleaning at home. To find the time every week (if that is what it went to eventually) to sit and watch the show would be hard. I definitely want the video shows to continue, but I still want/need to be able to just listen and still enjoy the audio. Thankfully, I think Pete totally understands this.

I think they did a great job! It was really fun to watch the team interact with each other. As much as I laugh while listening to the audio version of the podcast, it was somehow funnier watching it live. I loved it when some of the team got offended because they were being 'auto tuned'... hilarious!

I'm sad to say that my schedule won't allow for me to tune in consistently, but overall I think it's an excellent addition to an already great show. And THANK YOU again for getting rid of the obnoxious movie sound effects! That little recorded moment from Teresa is exactly the kind of thing that makes the podcast better, not takes away from it. Keep up the good work!!

I loved it. I also watched the girls only podcast today-loved that too. I think Pete was an excellent host as was Julie. The team has worked so well together for so long that they just continued their great chemistry. The studio is amazing. So many artifacts to look at. My favorite is the haunted mansion sign.
i think the idea of the park bench is genius. My idea for that would be maybe one of the boat rides. For instance the ferry ride from wilderness lodge to the magic kingdom. Or maybe the monorail(my favorite ride in the parks).

Take care & have a great day:), Sandy

I really enjoyed it. However, Pete has stated numerous times that for those who cannot watch it (either live or replayed), the audio broadcasts will still be available and you won't miss anything. It's a nice sentiment, and I'm sure that they will try hard to make it so, but now that the podcast crew knows that they are on video, there is a definite sense of "playing to the cameras". Not in a hammy, mugging sort of way. But in an unavoidable way of wanting to show viewers what is going on. Pete had to remind the cast on several occasions to speak their words for the benefit of the folks who will only be listening instead of showing visuals to the video audience. I suspect that there will be more of this, and in the end, the audio experience will not replicate the visual experience in its entirety. Just think of how many photos of resort rooms and plates of food that we saw yesterday. And Kevin showing us things on his tablet. And Pete playing with the Vinylmation Mickey. All great stuff. But to think that this experience can be replicated by listening only to the audio feed and then clicking on photo and youtube links is a bit of a stretch.

Bottom line....this was great. But for those of you who are "audio only" right now, you need to figure out a way to view the video feed either live or replayed, because this train is leaving the station and no matter how much they try to make the audio experience equal the video experience, it is an impossible task. Sort of like the way TV overtook radio dramas. It's inevitable.

Have to disagree completely. The whole thing was great. Didn't notice any difference at all. This was a first try and an excellent one at that.

Only listened to the audio version so far and 10 minutes of the video podcast but it's all positive from me so far.

- Appreciate that you cut out the bits that weren't relevant to the audio only version. Helped it flow much better.
- The video quality (on the youtube version at least) is really really good. That equipment must have cost you a small fortune Pete!

I've been listening since 2007 and this does seem to be a natural progression for the podcast. I was slightly nervous about the transition though as I tend to listen to the podcasts in work and it's always going to be my primary method of experiencing the show. My fears have been quashed though completely already. Great job to the production guys too, as a tech nerd it's much harder to do than everyone thinks.

For the love of all things holy, can you at least give us a chance to get used to this before you proclaim the death of the audio show? Really? It was our FIRST broadcast. We haven't been recording the audio show in seclusion either - Bob used to bring props to show. We've had 'visual' queues on the show for 6 years now - we're sitting next to each other holding things up all the time having to describe what we're seeing for the audience.

Look, I'm all for constructive feedback, but some of these statements about the death of the audio show are bordering on unfair. There are at least half a dozen segments on the calendar for the next month and half that are 'audio only'. Dustin and Shaun know to edit anything out of the audio show that is 'overly visual'. If three months from now we've completely forgotten about our 'listeners', then you have a gripe - but really - it was OUR FIRST BROADCAST. Give us a chance to get our feet wet before you start writing the obit.

Pete

Show was great. I have been an audio listener for a while and it was nice to finaly put faces with the voices(the 4 minutes of audio on the podcast before you started the show was great). And now we can hear, see, and read the rants. it is going to be amazing.
I dont get to watch live but i do get to go back and watch the video if there are segments I heard on audio and want to "see"
Keep up the good work.

As a long time "listener" I agree the new "webcast" is great. It started a little rough but got better as they became more relaxed with the cameras present. I enjoyed the group view camera better when several people were talking rather then jumping from person to person. But when one was talking at length, the single camera was fine. I like the bottom third information because I didn't know some of the things it showed. I thought once they got into the 7 resorts in 7 days review it really starting moving smoothly and looking very professional, in a casual sort of way. ;)

I watched the replay since I work the midnight shift and was asleep for the live webcast. I tried to watch it as I unusually listen, at work on my smartphone, but the feed buffered too much and it got frustrating. I listen to and watch A LOT of podcasts/webcasts but I do it with an RSS feed downloader. This makes for a smooth playback and I can pause it without losing my place in the cast. Pete made the comment in another thread that making an RSS download available would be too cost prohibitive so I guess I will have to try and find the time to watch when I have access to a WiFi connection. This is not a criticism just a comment on how I keep up with the DIS Unplugged.

I am a big fan of the DIS Unplugged, my family and I even traveled down to the Welcome Center to be a part of the one and only podcast from that center. I met all the crew there and hope one day to see them again in person.

Podcast crew, keep up the good work. You are my favorite Disney information source.

BTW, Pete is always amazed at when and where people listen to the podcasts. As I said, I listen on my smartphone, while at work, operating a Caterpillar 950H front end wheeled loader. :scratchin

I love both formats I missed watching the live stream of the first show's but caught the one with the ladies today. I did however watch the other shows on youtube after listening to the news show and well listening to the 7 in 7 show. Both were great.

I liked seeing the faces to the voices. That was very interesting. I'm hoping I can find someway of getting the live video to my iPod. I was in school today for the Ladies Only live stream (I love those!), but so glad there are recordings.

I say keep them going! BTW - I love the decorations in the background of the videos. There's Disney and Mickey everywhere. Giving me ideas of how I should decorate my room. :)

I was so excited about the live shows that I watched them both on my iPad while at work. I ended up getting busy so I listened to the audio version in the afternoon. Then when I got home I brought YouTube up on the 60" for DH to watch with me. :happytv:

I enjoyed watching the group interact. The 7 in 7 was so well done and it was so nice not having to go to the show notes to see the photos. The ladies show was smoother but that's because the techs (Dustin & Shawn) had the initial show all wrapped up.

I felt that all versions were excellent! I couldn't have asked for more. Thank you for spending the obscene amount of money and endless hours of hard work preparing this. You should all be extremely proud of yourselves. I for one cannot wait till the next one.

Michaelle
p.s. Did John get to take the voice machine home?

I listened to the news at work and watched the 7 in 7 review replay later at home. Live is not possible for me and I'm mostly a listener at work so video will not always be optimal but its always great to have options The production was very good and will only get better. It will be interesting to see the creativity this spawns in the podcast crew. Keep up the good work.

Just got done watching the youtube videos and I loved it. You all did a wonderful job and I can't wait to see more. Also the park bench videos are brilliant and I can't wait to see more of those as well. Helping me catch a glipse of the world till our next trip : )

I think it went well for the first show. The interaction with those watching was a great addition as well. Now they just need a Watch Now shortcut next to the Listen Now at the top of this board. :)

I thought the crew did an excellent job. I wasn't sure I'd like it, but in the end I really enjoyed it. Everyone looked good on the camera.

I'm half way through the second video segment. I love it so far. At some points I laughed so hard. I had no idea what everyone looked like so that was fun too. Can't watch live, but no problem to come home and watch on youtube after work. I thought it looked very professiona as the camera cut back and forth between speakers. Very well done and lots of fun! Thanks!

I watched part of the video show last night and really enjoyed it. I like having the wide camera angle that shows everyone at the table, more than the rapid switching from face to face. It was easier to follow the conversation with the wide angle and less distracting then the switching from person to person, especially for short comments.

I am highly impressed with the quality of the show and the way you all appear to be so comfortable with the new format! It looks great.

I'll probably mostly continue to listen during my commute and during the 12-3am wake times that my baby so enjoys (murmph), but it's nice to have the option of the video.

I love the video option.
I won't be able to watch live very often and am in such a habit of listening to the show at work now, that I found myself fidgeting last night.
I thought that all of the video show this week were great. The mischief in Pete's eyes was so funny.
As a mom, I loved, loved, loved the ladies' show. My baby was 20 two weeks ago and made his first trip to WDW when he was 11 months old. I have covered all of the stages, must do's, never do's etc. Each one is special for a different reason. I 100% agree with the girls in that the fact that you are at Disney and you are together, especially in this day and age, is a blessing. Our upcoming trip has our oldest son at 25, wanting to spend his vacation with his family in Disney - by gosh I think that we did something right!!!

Congrats on the live video broadcast! You guys have come a long way from when even pictures of John and Kevin were hard to find. :) Bob would be very proud!! Keep up the great work! :thumbsup2

It is great! I listened at work, but I'm watching bits and pieces now. You can really see that Pete is slimming down. And John reminds me if a young, clean-shaven Mike Ditka.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter