Live show....what did you think?

disneym2m

I am only allowed to visit WDW once every 5 years.
It was really cool to see the podcast live and to be able to post comments and have them respond at that moment. I could see this as a show. We comment or ask a question and the team answers right away. Of course I could see that going wrong if a heated discussion begins....:rotfl:

But overall it was great and neat to see.

We finally get to see the Bob Varley studio. I now want to see pictures of all the cool Disney items that were in the room.

And I need to "fix" my podcast picture.....:rotfl:.

Thanks Team. You helped me to forget about some medical stuff for a few hours. :goodvibes

I only had about 20 minutes to watch "live" before I had to get back to work. But what I saw, I loved! :cool1:

Everyone looked relaxed and sounded as normal as the regular audio podcasts we have come to know and love. I loved seeing the facial expressions I always imagined each of them having! :rotfl:

And the live chat streaming on the side was fun too- although it was going by at blazing speed!! :cool2:

Tuesdays are the best days for me to be able to catch the show live more often than not- so I am looking forward to more shows! And of course, I will still download and listen in the car- my drive to work (all the many places I need to travel to) is never less than 1 hour, and sometimes as long as 3 hours each way. So having "the gang" hang out in my car makes the miles fly by! :goodvibes

Great start to a new way to experience our Podcast Crew!! :thumbsup2

Love love love the video format of the podcast! I really enjoyed watching it tonight. The dis video podcast trumped whatever tv shows I had waiting for me on my DVr to tonight too. Looking forward to more

It was like the podcast crew had 400 of their closest friends in the studio with them. It was a lot of fun. There were only one or two technical glitches otherwise it went off beautifully.

One of my favorite parts was the surrey bike video. I about died. More of that please. ;)

I'm not able to watch it live because of work.....however I'm listening now, and will watch it this weekend from home.

it was great! and i am excited to hear about the park bench video. i can't wait to be able to "sit on a disney park bench for a few minutes" the next time I am having a really horrible day and just need to de-stress. Great idea!

-Kim

Excellent. The only issue I saw which was very minor was that the machine to lower Kevin's voice worked a little too well. His mic. needed to be turned up a little bit.

I really enjoyed it. However, Pete has stated numerous times that for those who cannot watch it (either live or replayed), the audio broadcasts will still be available and you won't miss anything. It's a nice sentiment, and I'm sure that they will try hard to make it so, but now that the podcast crew knows that they are on video, there is a definite sense of "playing to the cameras". Not in a hammy, mugging sort of way. But in an unavoidable way of wanting to show viewers what is going on. Pete had to remind the cast on several occasions to speak their words for the benefit of the folks who will only be listening instead of showing visuals to the video audience. I suspect that there will be more of this, and in the end, the audio experience will not replicate the visual experience in its entirety. Just think of how many photos of resort rooms and plates of food that we saw yesterday. And Kevin showing us things on his tablet. And Pete playing with the Vinylmation Mickey. All great stuff. But to think that this experience can be replicated by listening only to the audio feed and then clicking on photo and youtube links is a bit of a stretch.

Bottom line....this was great. But for those of you who are "audio only" right now, you need to figure out a way to view the video feed either live or replayed, because this train is leaving the station and no matter how much they try to make the audio experience equal the video experience, it is an impossible task. Sort of like the way TV overtook radio dramas. It's inevitable.

I really enjoyed it. However, Pete has stated numerous times that for those who cannot watch it (either live or replayed), the audio broadcasts will still be available and you won't miss anything. It's a nice sentiment, and I'm sure that they will try hard to make it so, but now that the podcast crew knows that they are on video, there is a definite sense of "playing to the cameras". Not in a hammy, mugging sort of way. But in an unavoidable way of wanting to show viewers what is going on. Pete had to remind the cast on several occasions to speak their words for the benefit of the folks who will only be listening instead of showing visuals to the video audience. I suspect that there will be more of this, and in the end, the audio experience will not replicate the visual experience in its entirety. Just think of how many photos of resort rooms and plates of food that we saw yesterday. And Kevin showing us things on his tablet. And Pete playing with the Vinylmation Mickey. All great stuff. But to think that this experience can be replicated by listening only to the audio feed and then clicking on photo and youtube links is a bit of a stretch.

Bottom line....this was great. But for those of you who are "audio only" right now, you need to figure out a way to view the video feed either live or replayed, because this train is leaving the station and no matter how much they try to make the audio experience equal the video experience, it is an impossible task. Sort of like the way TV overtook radio dramas. It's inevitable.
That's too bad, because it's a little hard to watch a video feed while power walking. I know there are folks who (rudely) try and do this (I've been nearly plowed into by them) but I'm not one of them. I guess my experience will just be reduced. :confused3

Sayhello

I actually just listened to it first and then also watched it afterward. I thought it was great and that the whole crew did an absolutely fantastic job! Well done all!

Thank you so much for all that you do for us DISers - we love you guys! Keep up the great work!

On a side note - LOVE the Disney Park Bench video idea - I an looking forward to a little 15 min getaway at work - thanks!

To put it bluntly: I was blown away! Absolutely loved the entire show. The chemistry between the crew is even more evident on video then it is on the podcast. To see everyone reacting to each other was priceless. Top notch effort by everyone involved. I have been waiting for this forever and it turned out better then I could have hoped for. :thumbsup2

For the love of all things holy, can you at least give us a chance to get used to this before you proclaim the death of the audio show? Really? It was our FIRST broadcast. We haven't been recording the audio show in seclusion either - Bob used to bring props to show. We've had 'visual' queues on the show for 6 years now - we're sitting next to each other holding things up all the time having to describe what we're seeing for the audience.

Look, I'm all for constructive feedback, but some of these statements about the death of the audio show are bordering on unfair. There are at least half a dozen segments on the calendar for the next month and half that are 'audio only'. Dustin and Shaun know to edit anything out of the audio show that is 'overly visual'. If three months from now we've completely forgotten about our 'listeners', then you have a gripe - but really - it was OUR FIRST BROADCAST. Give us a chance to get our feet wet before you start writing the obit.

Pete

JimmyV said:

Disagreed... I think there have always been "visuals" in the podcasts, and they say....go to the show notes page, you'll find these links. They were always there, it's never been an issue they were missing, and I don't imagine it would be now.

It was really first rate. The video quality on my ancient Windows XP laptop was crystal clear. Loved seeing the Bob Varley studio. I really enjoyed being able to SEE what was being discussed; it really helped with the comparatives of the 7 resorts (brilliant segment idea, by the way). Photos and videos taken at the resorts were also terrific.

I was watching later on You Tube while I was doing my daily workout. I didn't want to stop the computer, so I did more time and my workout just flew by. (I was laughing so hard at the clip on the pedal bike!!) And, Pete, I haven't "seen" you since your Med cruise videos--you're looking really good; congrats on the weight loss.

Anyway, keep up the great work, team. I'm really looking forward to the next one.

I have to say, I sat down at the computer with the intention of watching the show,but soon found myself wrapped up in having to do some paperwork. So I basically listened the way I do every week and I didn't find that it was geared too much to the viewing audience. I really liked it. I do wonder if John will save the most controversial news stories for the edited shows though! :goodvibes

I can't tell you how wonderful it was to see everyone! It's like seeing your friends whom you haven't seen in FOREVER! It so AWESOME!!! I loved being the proverbial "fly on the wall". It's been so long since I've been able to see everyone and it really was fantastic to see everyone in the same room. Plus to see the studio - Wow! While I will miss having the team on my drive to/from work each Wednesday, I know I won't be able to wait till the audio comes out. All the guys on the controls did such a great job and the team looked so relaxed...like they've been doing the video podcasting forever. I've been so excited for this ever since the announcement made on the cruise and am just delighted to see it come to fruition. As I was watching yesterday, I couldn't help but to think just how very much Bob would've LOVED the video show. Thanks to each and every one of the team for all the hard work you put into this show and for bringing a bit of Disney to all of us - it truly makes my days brighter :goodvibes You are very much appreciated!

I got home late last night, and couldn't get the video on my iPhone (I'm sure I'll figure it out), so I only listened to the audio. Since I didn't have the option at the time to compare the two, I had no problem with the audio show at all. It sounded like a normal show to me.

Hopefully tonight I will have time to figure out how to watch this on my iPhone so I can actually see it this time.

Give us a chance to get our feet wet before you start writing the obit.Pete

I'm not writing the obit. In fact, I think you did a fine job of trying to rein in the discussion where it became too visual. But I think the point to be made here is that the video feed is (and should be) superior to an audio-only feed. Pulling back on the reins too much in order to make the video content equal the audio content may end up hurting the progression of the mediuim. Otherwise, what is the point of video? I would urge you to continue to go in the direction that you are going and I would urge those who might resist the video feed to embrace it. Then, and only then, can there be a leap forward. And that is meant as positive, constructive praise, and not criticism, constructive or otherwise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter