Let's track the EB PC cruise here

I have thought a long time if I would post this or not but as we are on the subject of rude adults, there is something which happened to me on the Magic and I am still suffering from it.

In the first week of the cruise, my family were in the queue for the WDT, at 7.50pm, for the 8.30pm show I cannot remember the actual show, but I think it was formal night so that is second night, first sea day, Golden Mickeys but might be wrong on the night.

Anyway we were about 10th in the queue, there was a couple of adults behind us and near opening time their grown up son joined them, the doors opened, my kids did go ahead, but I was pushed hard into the door of the WDT entrance by the son,and banged into the wood frame with my shoulder taking the full force,and fell over, the people behind didn't stop just overtook.

My kids went ahead to get the seats and were rather surprised I wasn't there, I picked myself up, and slightly in a daze, walked to join my family, they said where were you and I said I had just been pushed into the door, very firmly.

I dint wish to make a scene and it didn't seem to bad at the time.

However over the next few days I started to get the biggest pain I have ever had in my shoulder, A deep muscle pain maybe frozen shoulder. I still have it now and its been getting worse. I tried to swim it out at the Cove pool, and various exercises, but its now two weeks later at least and its still bad.

Oh my!!! I do hope you are feeling better soon!!!

Yes sorry we didn't meet up, I saw a lot of Dissers over the 15 nights, but I understand I was the 'difficult' one to find.
I was told there was an English man going around Disneyland saying, 'No I am not Andrew from the UK', as he was approached many times.

Whilst it was a 15 night cruise, I am not sure where all the time went.

You were! LOL! I don't think I ever ran into you i the hall yet you were just a little bit down the hall from me! LOL! I ran into Chris/family & Andy/family all the time! LOL!

If it had stayed with just throwing lightweight balls, that would have been harmless. But the belly flops off the hot tubs and rails, the target practice with footballs (knocking things off tables), throwing cast members into the pool, stealing cast members clothing, flashing of body parts, the list goes on and on.

Bell flops off the hot tub - hurt no one but the person doing the belly flop

Bell flop off the rails - dangerous to the person doing the belly flop, no one tried again after being told no more (although they faked it a few times)

target practice with the football - one person (guy in the hot tub) got out of hand with the football

throwing cast members in the pool - hardly the first time this has ever happened. Talking to David, Luke, Dan, etc. they had more fun doing their jobs (including getting thrown in the pool) when the guests were having fun

stealing cast members clothing - Please, DJ Dan's shirt became one of the funniest running jokes of the cruise

flashing of body parts - I missed this, saw some bathing suits that were quite revealing but that was it

Other than the one person who was throwing the football too hard, I didn't see anything that was worthy of security being posted at the adult pool the last few days. This cruise was more fun than most I've been on when it came to being at the pool.

What kind of *adult* does any of those things??? :confused3 :confused3 It sounds like things a 15yr old boy does. :confused:
I've never known any adults that did those type of things......

And since I HATE to be splashed I wouldn't be too happy about anyone doing *belly flops* into the pool.

What kind of *adult* does any of those things??? :confused3 :confused3 It sounds like things a 15yr old boy does. :confused:

And since I HATE to be splashed I wouldn't be too happy about anyone doing *belly flops* into the pool.

I hate being splashed too. I go into major freak out mode when that happens!

I think that the point is, even if I wanted to go down from deck 10 and cool off in the pool for a few minutes, I felt like I couldn't because of the antics that were going on down there.

I guess I was just lucky...whenever I went to the adult pool hot tubs, the antics were fairly low key (altho' rowdier than previous cruises). I saw a woman in a thong that showed way more than I'd ever want to see tho'. If the string is all the way up your butt, why even bother to wear it? It's not like it's covering anything! :confused3

I did see an interesting case of "seat rage" in the theater. The people in front of me were a mom, dad, and two kids. The end seat in their row was open. Dad gets up to go to the bar for drinks, meaning that there were now two empty seats. An older guy showed up and sat down in the one next to the mom (his wife was following a good ways behind him, so he apparently intended for her to take the end seat when she got there). The woman said, "My husband is sitting there" and he went into a rant about "No saving seats!" She tried to explain that he had been there and had just run to get drinks, but the guy was really going off. I didn't think he was going to get up, but he finally did when the wife got there and walked away ranting to her about the rude seat savers.

The irony was, he could have sat in the end seat and she could have sat in front of him because there was an empty end eat there. The theater was so full that that was probably the best they were going to do anyway. I'm not one to advocate seat saving, but to flip out because a guy who was there had gotten up to go to the bar seemed rather excessive.

On Royal Caribbean their scheduled pool games have belly flop contests, lots of adults participate.

If it had stayed with just throwing lightweight balls, that would have been harmless. But the belly flops off the hot tubs and rails, the target practice with footballs (knocking things off tables), throwing cast members into the pool, stealing cast members clothing, flashing of body parts, the list goes on and on.

.....the spanking of bottoms.....:laughing:

Oh my!!! I do hope you are feeling better soon!!!

You were! LOL! I don't think I ever ran into you i the hall yet you were just a little bit down the hall from me! LOL! I ran into Chris/family & Andy/family all the time! LOL!

Apart from Palo I think I saw you 3/4 times, and your DH,thanks on the shoulder, I think it was done before Palo brunch, but has got worse day by day since then.

I did see an interesting case of "seat rage" in the theater. The people in front of me were a mom, dad, and two kids. The end seat in their row was open. Dad gets up to go to the bar for drinks, meaning that there were now two empty seats. An older guy showed up and sat down in the one next to the mom (his wife was following a good ways behind him, so he apparently intended for her to take the end seat when she got there). The woman said, "My husband is sitting there" and he went into a rant about "No saving seats!" She tried to explain that he had been there and had just run to get drinks, but the guy was really going off. I didn't think he was going to get up, but he finally did when the wife got there and walked away ranting to her about the rude seat savers.
I had an obnoxious man sitting behind me during one of the shows. (We were near the back of the theater.) I was getting my camera set up for some pics - they say no flash photos but I wasn't planning to use flash - the show was about to start and he started yelling at me to turn off the camera and if I didn't he'd scream throughout the show. I wasn't planning on having the screen of my camera glowing throughout the show, but he wouldn't shut up. I wouldn't have cared much if he'd missed out because of his ranting, but I didn't want those around me disturbed so I turned off that camera. I just hope my wiggly 3 year old annoyed him more than my camera!!! What a jerk he was.

On Royal Caribbean their scheduled pool games have belly flop contests, lots of adults participate.

A "scheduled game" would have been fine, but not while non participants were trying to enjoy the pool. It's a very small pool,meant for everybody. Not just the ones who think that they're at their friends backyard bbq. Off my soapbox.

I just had to pop in here to see what all the fuss was about. The crew was still talking about the repo cruise on the Magic this week. We heard from some of the staff that the kids were out of control and even had CM's telling us how they enjoyed this cruise. We didn't understand what they were saying until reading some of the stuff here. They really wouldn't give us much information. I guess you guys weren't the only ones who noticed.

I just had to pop in here to see what all the fuss was about. The crew was still talking about the repo cruise on the Magic this week. We heard from some of the staff that the kids were out of control and even had CM's telling us how they enjoyed this cruise. We didn't understand what they were saying until reading some of the stuff here. They really wouldn't give us much information. I guess you guys weren't the only ones who noticed.

There was a certain amount of teenagers out of control roaming the decks, and stateroom decks, standing in the elevator areas a lot at night, and as we had Aly and AJ on the next tow rooms we had calls to the door and on our phone from people asking for them, one a couple of very young lads, I wanted to tell them Aly and AJ had a boyfriend with them, far older than these young boys.

From our deck 8 room ,we had to (honestly) try to get through the kids on the stairs to the Soda station most nights, it seemed an area they wanted to congregate on.

Many posters have said things about this on previous threads, I have never seen this before until this cruise.

Apart from Palo I think I saw you 3/4 times, and your DH,thanks on the shoulder, I think it was done before Palo brunch, but has got worse day by day since then.

I must have been in my own world -- or Claire's world (7dd's)! LOL! I'm usually polite and say *Hi* when I see someone! LOL! :wave2:

A "scheduled game" would have been fine, but not while non participants were trying to enjoy the pool. It's a very small pool,meant for everybody. Not just the ones who think that they're at their friends backyard bbq. Off my soapbox.

I was responding to the comment asking what kind of an adult does any of those things.

From your response sounds like you consider it fairly normal behavior at backyard barbecues, which are quite common. So I take it you consider it to be fairly common behavior as well. By the way, most people consider a backyard barbecue to be a good time.

The amount of time that was consumed while this "behavior" was present was a small fraction of the total time available at the pool, but it's being made to sound like it was constant. There was plenty of time available for individuals who preferred a more sedate experience.

I must have been in my own world -- or Claire's world (7dd's)! LOL! I'm usually polite and say *Hi* when I see someone! LOL! :wave2:

:thumbsup2

Saw you a few times, loved the door, ! Your DH wasn't happy with the songs/music on a tour in Aruba, was taking to concierge??

DH went through once and he said that was enough -- he thought some of the women should have worn bathing suits that actually covered areas that shouldn't be seen by people not related to them......

I have a picture! It was too funny not to take it ::yes::

I probably can't post it though...

So was I out there right next to you and didn't know it? Is that June in the picutre or just some random picture of the crazy women out on Deck 10? That's me in on the left. I tried to brave it out but once the 2 storms from each side hit and the wind started blowing furiously, I had to give up. Went down to Deck 9 to dry out a bit.

Sounds like you lasted longer than I did. It was fun walking in the rain through the puddles, since it was so warm.

I used the elevator for only one floor all the time, especially if I was going up:thumbsup2 . I was the chic with the green coleman hiking pole:cool2: . My stateroom was just down the hall from yours.

Anyway, thank the Lord I did use the pole and the elevator. Now, if I'd only made my son weigh the suitcases on the last night, rather than myself. Currently I'm basically confined to bed until tomorrow morning when I have an epidural scheduled:scared: . I herniated another disc doing all that lifting:headache: !

Ouch Monica. Sorry to hear about your back.

My wife has a bad knee, and when it was really bothering her, she took the elevator, even if it was only one floor up or down. The kids and I would take the stairs and meet her.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter