Let's track the EB PC cruise here

:thumbsup2

Saw you a few times, loved the door, ! Your DH wasn't happy with the songs/music on a tour in Aruba, was taking to concierge??

:scared1: Luckily 10ds had opted to stay on the ship instead of going snorkling with dh & 17dd..... It was a Disney excursion....... The song playing when they arrived was "_ _ _ on the Beach* and then it went to hard core gangsta rap...... I think someone said something so they went to Spanish language songs...dh understands/speaks Spanish and said that those songs had the same type of language in them! It was just Spanish instead of English! :eek:

He thought maybe that tour operator was used to a younger adult crowd and NOT a family oriented crowd.......

I loved our door, too! :goodvibes Everytime I came to it I searched to see if there was anything new!

Bell flops off the hot tub - hurt no one but the person doing the belly flop

Bell flop off the rails - dangerous to the person doing the belly flop, no one tried again after being told no more (although they faked it a few times)

target practice with the football - one person (guy in the hot tub) got out of hand with the football

throwing cast members in the pool - hardly the first time this has ever happened. Talking to David, Luke, Dan, etc. they had more fun doing their jobs (including getting thrown in the pool) when the guests were having fun

stealing cast members clothing - Please, DJ Dan's shirt became one of the funniest running jokes of the cruise

flashing of body parts - I missed this, saw some bathing suits that were quite revealing but that was it

Other than the one person who was throwing the football too hard, I didn't see anything that was worthy of security being posted at the adult pool the last few days. This cruise was more fun than most I've been on when it came to being at the pool.

I never said it warranted security....look back, that was another poster...I was merely pointing out that it was more than just throwing a ball around.

I do agree with the 'Animal House/fraternity' reference.

All a matter of opinion though. The type of behavior I saw at the adult pool would not have been tolerated if it were my 13 yr old acting that way.

I was responding to the comment asking what kind of an adult does any of those things.

From your response sounds like you consider it fairly normal behavior at backyard barbecues, which are quite common. So I take it you consider it to be fairly common behavior as well. By the way, most people consider a backyard barbecue to be a good time.

The amount of time that was consumed while this "behavior" was present was a small fraction of the total time available at the pool, but it's being made to sound like it was constant. There was plenty of time available for individuals who preferred a more sedate experience.

From the content of your response, you obviously were among those partaking in the "antics" of the "BBQ" experience. If you want to enjoy "...a more sedate experience..." at the adult pool, one should not have to forego ones dining rotation, shore excursion or the more popular timed shows that were quite numerous during the cruise. I, for one, luckily missed the BBQ antics, which in my opinion, should be scheduled for the non-peak use hours of the pool. If you want BBQ antics at the pool, please feel free to join with the Goofy pool crowd where you would fit right in; leave the adult pool to those that want the sedate atmosphere that they paid for.

This response is from Dahuffy's other half - Kevin. So if you want to flame anyone, please direct it accordingly.

From the content of your response, you obviously were among those partaking in the "antics" of the "BBQ" experience. If you want to enjoy "...a more sedate experience..." at the adult pool, one should not have to forego ones dining rotation, shore excursion or the more popular timed shows that were quite numerous during the cruise. I, for one, luckily missed the BBQ antics, which in my opinion, should be scheduled for the non-peak use hours of the pool. If you want BBQ antics at the pool, please feel free to join with the Goofy pool crowd where you would fit right in; leave the adult pool to those that want the sedate atmosphere that they paid for.

This response is from Dahuffy's other half - Kevin. So if you want to flame anyone, please direct it accordingly.

See Kevin that's why I teach my kids not to assume anything. I wasn't one that was "partaking" I just happened to be at the pool and enjoyed what was going on. If you would like to get totally "grown up" about this discussion, shall we discuss which rules were broken. Belly flops into the pool can be considered diving, which would be against the rules. Given that the cast members dove into the pool on their own (i.e without being thrown in) I would consider this to be a minor infraction, but an infraction noentheless. Beyond that, no rules were broken that I know of.

Certainly you did not need to miss your dining rotation, shore excursion or anything else in order to have a sedate experience at the adult pool. As far as I could tell there were only 2 days where things got somehwat raucous. That leaves 13 other days to enjoy the adult pool.

Since you freely admit you weren't there, why are you commenting? And you're saying that if it was on the schedule it would be okay, but since it wasn't it's not, is that right?

And why is the Goofy pool more appropriate, the commentary has been that the behavior is not appropriate period, not that it would have been okay over there. The people who were involved paid for their cruise too, if they weren't breaking the rules (but for the diving as I mentioned) why shouldn't they be allowed to do what they were doing.

I never said it warranted security....look back, that was another poster...I was merely pointing out that it was more than just throwing a ball around.

I do agree with the 'Animal House/fraternity' reference.

All a matter of opinion though. The type of behavior I saw at the adult pool would not have been tolerated if it were my 13 yr old acting that way.

As you say, matter of opinion. I happen to disagree with you completely.

Oh how true if this was happening at the Goofy pool we would have complaints all over the place about unruly kids

I had an obnoxious man sitting behind me during one of the shows. (We were near the back of the theater.) I was getting my camera set up for some pics - they say no flash photos but I wasn't planning to use flash - the show was about to start and he started yelling at me to turn off the camera and if I didn't he'd scream throughout the show. I wasn't planning on having the screen of my camera glowing throughout the show, but he wouldn't shut up. I wouldn't have cared much if he'd missed out because of his ranting, but I didn't want those around me disturbed so I turned off that camera. I just hope my wiggly 3 year old annoyed him more than my camera!!! What a jerk he was.

Good grief! You must have had the same jerk who was behind our group one night. :sad2: I swear the little kids crumpling the bags of pretzles for 20 minutes or the 2 little kids fighting in the seats in front of us for over 20 mins before their mother did anything at all were more distracting that someone taking pictures without flash.

:scared1: Luckily 10ds had opted to stay on the ship instead of going snorkling with dh & 17dd..... It was a Disney excursion....... The song playing when they arrived was "_ _ _ on the Beach* and then it went to hard core gangsta rap...... I think someone said something so they went to Spanish language songs...dh understands/speaks Spanish and said that those songs had the same type of language in them! It was just Spanish instead of English! :eek:

He thought maybe that tour operator was used to a younger adult crowd and NOT a family oriented crowd.......

I loved our door, too! :goodvibes Everytime I came to it I searched to see if there was anything new!

I think we were on that excursion!! I couldn't believe they were playing songs with such words as Mother F-----. I had no idea where to complain as we never got any survey after that excursion.

Everyone please remember the DIS board guidelines. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. People are not going to agree on everything.

3. NO FIGHTING/SARCASM: While we'd like to think that a Disney fan site is always lighthearted, there are times when there are disagreements. Let's face it, there are certain topics that can transform any of us into a raging "Donald Duck." When you sense this is happening, we ask that you step away from the discussion before it escalates into a fight. Just like Mom always said about fighting, we don't care who started the argument and we don't want it on the DIS. (Okay, she didn't say the part about the DIS, but you know what we mean.) No attacking others and no sarcasm please. Either will result in an infraction.

On Royal Caribbean their scheduled pool games have belly flop contests, lots of adults participate.

That is why we don't cruise lines like Royal Caribbean. We're not interested in that kind of entertainment.

On our last cruise, we were in the adult pool all the time, but this time I only made it once very early in the morning. It was always packed in the afternoon.

One of the issues I had is that we went to some of the adult only activities where kids were present and their parents were not asked to have them leave. The only time that didn't happen was in the wine classes and Art of Entertaining cooking classes. Kids were often in the Cove Cafe which I thought was a no-no.

Wow, the more I read on this thread, the more sheltered I feel! I think I must have missed a lot of the antics because I tended to use the hot tubs when skipping a show. There was some ball throwing going on at the pool when I was there once, but it was basketball with a beer bucket as the target. I was in the hot tub and the ball never made it over there.

It did seem like more of a "Carnival crowd" in general, and it got more and more obvious as the cruise went on that the kids were getting bored out of their minds. I guess 15 days is just too much for them. I'm so glad we were well out of traffic's way on deck 5 aft...it was amazingly peaceful, other than the one kidfest that we had security break up. But I'd be back on that cruise in a minute if I could...I am still going through withdrawal.

As for Screamer Man in the theater, I would have told him to just go ahead. It's not like you're breaking a rule if you're taking no-flash photos, so if a CM had noticed, he would have been the one who was reprimanded/removed.

That is why we don't cruise lines like Royal Caribbean. We're not interested in that kind of entertainment.

On our last cruise, we were in the adult pool all the time, but this time I only made it once very early in the morning. It was always packed in the afternoon.

One of the issues I had is that we went to some of the adult only activities where kids were present and their parents were not asked to have them leave. The only time that didn't happen was in the wine classes and Art of Entertaining cooking classes. Kids were often in the Cove Cafe which I thought was a no-no.

:thumbsup2 ITA. If I wanted a free-for-all cruise, I would have chosen a different cruise line.

I think we were on that excursion!! I couldn't believe they were playing songs with such words as Mother F-----. I had no idea where to complain as we never got any survey after that excursion.

For future reference....you can complain or compliment @ Guest Services. :thumbsup2

dh was quite shocked. I don't think he knew what to say to the tour operators at the time --- he's great at business but, I handle *personal* stuff! LOL! If I had been there he knows that I would have said something quickly. ;)

There were always kids loitering on deck5 aft. One night after dinner, I was coming back up the steps and there they were, all standing around one girl on top the stairs who was saying to her friends, "Now, what do you think is the best way to tumble down the steps?" I went running into my room, barely got the sentence out to my sister who said they were doing the same thing minutes before when she came up the stairs, and she called guest services. They came and dealt with the situation. I was worried about being knocked down the stairs by some ST who thought tumbling down the stairs was a good idea (where do they come up with this stuff? I'm 23 and never, ever thought to do any of these things!) Not for anything, Ducky Williams' room was a few doors down for us and Disney allowed this sort of teen behavior by his room which shocks me.

Actually we did that on my 11th birthday party... Gotta tell you... My BFF ended up with a new nose after she hit the wall... :rolleyes1

I have thought a long time if I would post this or not but as we are on the subject of rude adults, there is something which happened to me on the Magic and I am still suffering from it.

In the first week of the cruise, my family were in the queue for the WDT, at 7.50pm, for the 8.30pm show I cannot remember the actual show, but I think it was formal night so that is second night, first sea day, Golden Mickeys but might be wrong on the night.

Anyway we were about 10th in the queue, there was a couple of adults behind us and near opening time their grown up son joined them, the doors opened, my kids did go ahead, but I was pushed hard into the door of the WDT entrance by the son,and banged into the wood frame with my shoulder taking the full force,and fell over, the people behind didn't stop just overtook.

My kids went ahead to get the seats and were rather surprised I wasn't there, I picked myself up, and slightly in a daze, walked to join my family, they said where were you and I said I had just been pushed into the door, very firmly.

I dint wish to make a scene and it didn't seem to bad at the time.

However over the next few days I started to get the biggest pain I have ever had in my shoulder, A deep muscle pain maybe frozen shoulder. I still have it now and its been getting worse. I tried to swim it out at the Cove pool, and various exercises, but its now two weeks later at least and its still bad.

ANDREW... GO GET IT CHECKED OUT... YOU MAY HAVE NERVE DAMAGE IN YOUR SHOULDER!!!!!!! I HAVE IT AND CAN TELL YOU IT'S BAD AND MAY NEVER GO AWAY IF YOU DON'T GET IT CHECKED OUT RIGHT AWAY!!!!!

Andrew, sorry to hear about your shoulder. Hope it gets to feeling better without a visit to the dr. You are one of the few dissers I didn't get to meet.:sad2:

We found it common that we didn't get to see or meet alot of people we were posting with on our cruise... most successful if we had the same dinner rotation...

I had rougher seas on the PC cruise than on the transatlantic last year. Most days crossing the Atlantic the seas were smooth as glass, almost like we were on a lake. From what I've heard/read, the Pacific has more currents and therefore is more active, not the Atlantic. Although the Atlantic does get more hurricanes.

I would like to see the ports changed a bit, just to give me a different cruise, should I choose to do a transatlantic again.

Sorry to hear about your injury. Hope it heals soon.

Which cruise were you on???

Bell flops off the hot tub - hurt no one but the person doing the belly flop

Bell flop off the rails - dangerous to the person doing the belly flop, no one tried again after being told no more (although they faked it a few times)

target practice with the football - one person (guy in the hot tub) got out of hand with the football

throwing cast members in the pool - hardly the first time this has ever happened. Talking to David, Luke, Dan, etc. they had more fun doing their jobs (including getting thrown in the pool) when the guests were having fun

stealing cast members clothing - Please, DJ Dan's shirt became one of the funniest running jokes of the cruise

flashing of body parts - I missed this, saw some bathing suits that were quite revealing but that was it

Other than the one person who was throwing the football too hard, I didn't see anything that was worthy of security being posted at the adult pool the last few days. This cruise was more fun than most I've been on when it came to being at the pool.

BEING ON THE WB REPO... PRICELESS!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I never got the full story about DJ Dan's shirt. I was at the pool when some lady unbuttoned his shirt, then he couldn't find his shirt, then I heard something about someone taking a picture in his shirt, and then the next thing I saw was one of the comedian's coming out in his shirt. Can someone fill me in with the whole story?

I never got the full story about DJ Dan's shirt. I was at the pool when some lady unbuttoned his shirt, then he couldn't find his shirt, then I heard something about someone taking a picture in his shirt, and then the next thing I saw was one of the comedian's coming out in his shirt. Can someone fill me in with the whole story?

all I know is there was a guy who was always at BINGO - sounded like he was the one who took it and had the picture taken in it. He and the CMs were on very friendly terms and it seemed they seemed good with it. I think Dan had a pic taken in this guys shirt as well and it seemed to be one of the inside jokes of the cruise. Wish I could tell you more. We only know the little bits we heard or saw at BINGO and Pub Night!:) :wizard:

all I know is there was a guy who was always at BINGO - sounded like he was the one who took it and had the picture taken in it. He and the CMs were on very friendly terms and it seemed they seemed good with it. I think Dan had a pic taken in this guys shirt as well and it seemed to be one of the inside jokes of the cruise. Wish I could tell you more. We only know the little bits we heard or saw at BINGO and Pub Night!:) :wizard:

One day Minnie came out to deck 9 to take pictures and someone brought out Dan's shirt. From what I was told 75+ people got in line to take a picture with Minnie and put the shirt on in some way either wearing it or wrapping it around them like a skirt. Minnie & her photographer got a kick out of it.

One day Minnie came out to deck 9 to take pictures and someone brought out Dan's shirt. From what I was told 75+ people got in line to take a picture with Minnie and put the shirt on in some way either wearing it or wrapping it around them like a skirt. Minnie & her photographer got a kick out of it.

that's too funny!:) I had not heard that part - thank you!:wizard:

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter