Less than 1 week, I think I might pee myself!.......a PTR

:sad2: because we are in the Uk we don't get dme passes... we just have to show up... which is a bit mean...

oh well not long now!!!

When do you leave? WIll you be venturing a TR? If not,at least post here where you went and what you ate!!!! (I'm a foodie at heart!)

So glad you came over to my ptr, so I could find yours!:goodvibes I have really enjoyed it. I know it has been a long wait, but now you have a little over a month:yay:

I have decided that you need to go shopping with me. I am good about finding good deals, but I always come home with way too much. It seriously is going to kill our extra money for disney. We need to pay our trips off soon and there goes all the money we have saved so far.

You did a good job making the shirts for the kids!

Hope Cody is feeling better. And yay for getting in the dme tags. Part of me would love to fly, but airfare is way too expensive from here.

I'm not thrilled with the airfare (it was about $1000 for the 4 of us, but we still have to pay for assisnged seats and baggage both ways)

I would LOVE to go shopping with you....I LOVE to shop, and LOVE to find a great deal even more.

Thanks...the t-shirts were a bit easier than I thought to make!

The Lego SW shirt turned out great! Both of them actually. :thumbsup2

Thank you!!! The boyus LOVED them!!!! ALthough now DH won't let them wear them in WDW!!!! :sad2: I can understand his point....he is worried about someone coming up to them and saying, "Cody, you mom told me to take you to her" I may try schooling the boys now, just to be prepared.

The stroller came!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I finally took it out of the car and put it together today!!!!!! I'm not sure if I am keeping it!!! LOL! I may take it and the boys this weekend and go to Buy Buy Baby to compare the two.

The Graco is nice.........the boys can climb in and out of it...... it folds fairly easy........it is the cheaper prices of the two.......it has 2 handles to push, rather than 1 long bar (I like 1 long bar!).

The COmbi is nice as well.........the boys will need to unlock the front bar (which they can do) to get in and out..........it is lighter.........it has the front bar to 'rest' Cody's legs on should he fall sleep......it had cup holders for the boys.

I was out of work today, sick, again! I rarely get fevers (I can maybe count on 1 hand the times I've had a fever as an adult) and had one last night, which mean body aches, major headaches and general feeling of YUCK!:sick:

I worked the full day, went to my chiro appt then ran home and got the kitten to take the vet for his shots then came home and laid on the couch! The only thing I ate all day was 2 string cheese sticks (a good way to loose some weight!!!!). I went to the dr today:sick: and she ordered more antibiotics and said again, the tonsils HAVE to get taken on! I have an appt with the ENT Seatp 12 or 14th (I can't remember which at the moment). I want to wait until after the trip as I don't want to take the chance of something going wrong and having to cancel Disney!!!! I guess you know you are a Disney Addict when you plan surgery around your trip:rotfl2:

I was scheduled to be off tomorrow, but in a way I am so happy since I can rest another day. And get some charting done (story of my life!)

Hey Star,

Just wondering what you decided about the stroller?

Also wanted to say that I think name shirts are more of an issue when you know you're not going to be with your child every second. For example at the park the kids often play on equipment where they may not be in our sight every second and therefore more vulnerable. When you know you're going to be together every second then the potential of a stranger taking advantage of a name on a shirt is greatly decreased. Of course still prep them and if dh is still uncomfortable then that's the decision you guys have to make... I just wanted to pass along our views in case you needed help convincing dh. ;)

Hey Star,

Just wondering what you decided about the stroller?

Also wanted to say that I think name shirts are more of an issue when you know you're not going to be with your child every second. For example at the park the kids often play on equipment where they may not be in our sight every second and therefore more vulnerable. When you know you're going to be together every second then the potential of a stranger taking advantage of a name on a shirt is greatly decreased. Of course still prep them and if dh is still uncomfortable then that's the decision you guys have to make... I just wanted to pass along our views in case you needed help convincing dh. ;)

Thanks, I'll pass the info onto DH! We'll see if he softens to the idea. I did them for hte boys to be able to wear Disney t-shirts while we are in Disney, with out having to pay a small fortune. Plus it feels nice to be able to say I 'made' them!

As for the stroller. It is ok. It sems a bit hard to push. Not terribly, but with my knee, it's enough. I took the boys to Buy Buy Baby tonight while DH was at a funeral and compared them. Now I am EVEN more confused!!!!! I am pretty sure I will return to Graco to Walmart. It is just too much to push. The salesman from BBB remembered me and was SUPER helpful! We tried the Combi again and the boys REALLY like it (for the cup holder, but it also seems as if they have more width room. Both the Graco and the Combi hold 50lbs each side. Cody was weighed last weekend and was 48lbs! Then the salesman asked why hadn't I considered the McClaren. I told him it was the price, $269 is a WAY lot more than I ever planned to spend. He them offered me last years model (the grey one) for 20%off and would let me use a 20% off coupon on top of it (it would be the floor model), which makes it CHEAPER than the Combi by about $15. It holds up to 55lbs each side!!!!!!!! Now what?!?!?!?!?!?! It pushes like a breeze!!!!!!!

I do like the Combi for the color (I know, so important), and the way it folds (book fold, which is cool), it folds like a dream too......it is wider for the boys to sit in and it has a bar across to push (I like that to lean on as I push!).

The Mcclaren pushes like a dream, folds a little complicated, has 2 handles to push, but does push like a dream, hold more weight, is cheaper.

Either one will be great in the airport and I would be able to push it and pull a suitcase. Most likely I will go with the Combi. But 1st I have to return the Graco to Walmart.

I must say the staff at Buy Buy Baby has been GREAT. The guy, Jeff, who I have been talking to in the past about the stroller, even offered to see if they carried the Graco I have and would return it on the spot so I could get the stroller tonight. He didn't have to do that!!!! The stoller pattern I have they carry in a single, but not a double (they do carry another print). Oh well it was really nice of him to look and to offer the extra $$$ off the Mcclaren!

I have no idea what has possessed me to think about this, 29 days before my trip, but now I am wondering if we should do MNSSHP or not. It would be $200 before tax and the only night we could do it is our last night there, Oct 3rd. We have ADRs at CM at 6:30, which means we could head over there after. I really didn't have anything planned that night, I was leaving it open for a do whatever night.

I'm going to see what DH thinks about it. $200 is no pocket change so I am a little torn.

What are your thoughts?

Big decisions with the stroller. If it were me I'd probably want the one that holds up to 55lbs just because I'd feel like I was getting more bang for my buck- BUT if having a bar to push is really important then I'd go with the Combi, definately take back the hard to push Graco! Just my 2 cents. :)

We are going to MNSSHP and I'm really looking forward to it. I was hesitant about spending the money too but I'm really glad we're getting the experience. We're going on our last night as well- October 1- and I just think its going to be a magical way to end our trip. :goodvibes

We are going to MNSSHP and I'm really looking forward to it. I was hesitant about spending the money too but I'm really glad we're getting the experience. We're going on our last night as well- October 1- and I just think its going to be a magical way to end our trip. :goodvibes

I have been planning a yard sale....I have asked a few friends if they want to join me. So it's either the 5th or the 11, which is right before our trip, if I do good, then we will go! I leave it up to the Yard Sale Gods!

I have no idea what has possessed me to think about this, 29 days before my trip, but now I am wondering if we should do MNSSHP or not. It would be $200 before tax and the only night we could do it is our last night there, Oct 3rd. We have ADRs at CM at 6:30, which means we could head over there after. I really didn't have anything planned that night, I was leaving it open for a do whatever night.

I'm going to see what DH thinks about it. $200 is no pocket change so I am a little torn.

What are your thoughts?

We LOVE the party. We went twice on our last trip :) I would say definately go because it's so well worth the money, but not if you are going to be at Chef Mickeys at 6:30. CMs can run late, so even if you possibly get seated on time, figure an hour to eat and see all the characters, then you travel to MK, security, ticketing etc. That's getting you into the gates no earlier than 7:45. There is so much to do that missing 45 minutes of the party is a lot of time.

I have been planning a yard sale....I have asked a few friends if they want to join me. So it's either the 5th or the 11, which is right before our trip, if I do good, then we will go! I leave it up to the Yard Sale Gods!

Good plan! :thumbsup2

There is nothing like getting some WDW in the mail!!!! It had our 4 luggage tags as well as our 'vouchers' Now I just have to make sure they get packed!!!!

I think we have gotten it all now..the DME tags and the regular luggage tags. We still have to book the hotel at the airport with parking for the 24th, but that can (and will have to wait) until next pay!

Our packet of info came with a Photopass card......I have to look at it better to see if it has any deals for the CD. I am pretty sure I'm going to order it. I am thinking it will be great to use for Xmas cards!

The boys started school today!!!!!!! Actually, Cody started 1st grade and Shane will start K tomorrow, but for today he hung with the big kids, which meant NO NAP :faint: I knew this day would come, but BOY is he CRANKY! I am seeing a VERY early bedtime in his future!!!!!

Last Thurs I got my steriod injection. My last injection was heavenly, no pain 2 days after I got it.....here we are 4 days and I am still having pain. Lots of pain. I've started doing my stretches again to build the muscle around the knee back up, so hopefully it will help, if not I am really not sure what I will be doing. Stairs is a KILLER for me. I'm torn between sucking it up and dealing with it, or requesting a 1st floor room. Again dealing with it or calling the dr again to some pain meds (the last thing I want is to be feeling like crap while on vacation, and pain meds usually make me feel like crap, but if I am walking all day, something will have to give. Motrin makes my ulcer bleed so that is out too!).

Well I think I am off to get some more stuff in 1 place for the trip (like the DME and luggage tags!) so they have a high probability of getting packed!

I would definitely request 1st floor. You are going to be walking enough in the parks. By the end of the day you will be hating the thought of having to walk up stairs. I request 1st floor because I don't want to have to tote a sleeping kid up the stairs. I hope that shot helps you soon!

MNNSHP. This will be our first year there, but from all the pictures I have seen it seems like so much fun. If you have a garage sale then go ahead and use that money. But I do think if you go to the party then cancel CM. You don't want to pay money for the party and not be there for all of it.

Stroller issues... I love our stroller. Only problem is folding it up and the wheels falling off:laughing:. Good luck with the stroller. The Macclaren sounds pretty good. Our friends had one, just a single one, and couldn't fit anything under the seat, but it certainly was easy to push. Don't know if you have looked up Orlando Stroller rentals, but I think they are decent priced.

It's so much fun getting stuff in the mail from Disney! pixiedust:

I hope your knee feels better before your trip!

I would get the maclaren! (If you haven't already decided!)
I've heard that MNSSHP is great. We went to MVMCP last year and enjoyed it. It was pricey but fun. And the kids enjoyed walking on to all the rides.

Amanda

I would get the maclaren! (If you haven't already decided!)
I've heard that MNSSHP is great. We went to MVMCP last year and enjoyed it. It was pricey but fun. And the kids enjoyed walking on to all the rides.

Amanda

Still so undecided on the stroller issue!!!! This is what happens when I am given too many choices. The Maclaren pushes really great, but it seems to have less room for the boys width. Both boys like the Combi, so I will probably go that route.

It's so much fun getting stuff in the mail from Disney! pixiedust:

I hope your knee feels better before your trip!

Thanks. So far it isn't. I've started my stretches again, so if they don't help by the middle of next week, I will be calling the Ortho again. Not sure what they can do for me, but we will see!

I would definitely request 1st floor. You are going to be walking enough in the parks. By the end of the day you will be hating the thought of having to walk up stairs. I request 1st floor because I don't want to have to tote a sleeping kid up the stairs. I hope that shot helps you soon!

MNNSHP. This will be our first year there, but from all the pictures I have seen it seems like so much fun. If you have a garage sale then go ahead and use that money. But I do think if you go to the party then cancel CM. You don't want to pay money for the party and not be there for all of it.

Stroller issues... I love our stroller. Only problem is folding it up and the wheels falling off:laughing:. Good luck with the stroller. The Macclaren sounds pretty good. Our friends had one, just a single one, and couldn't fit anything under the seat, but it certainly was easy to push. Don't know if you have looked up Orlando Stroller rentals, but I think they are decent priced.

CM was one of DH's requests, but if we can squeeze in Germany, I think he might 'cave'! The way I feel about it....today at least.....is if I raise the money YAY, if not, no sweat. I need to get cracking on gathering more stuff for the Yard Sale, we have quite a bit, but we have TONS more! I guess this weekend! Maybe DH will take the boys to McD's playplace so I can go in the playroom and do a sneaky clean!!!

I haven't looked at the prices of Orlando Strollers, I may just to see. The whole idea of wanting to buy one is that we also want to go to the Philly Zoo sometime in Oct, so it will get used then............and if we have anymore kids :rolleyes1, I have a GOOD stroller!

So today I got called into the bosses office. NEVER a good thing. She told me that some coworkers were complaining that my work was not getting done. She was actually really nice about it (I was pretty miffed...if you have a problem with me, come to ME and I will fix it, I will do the same with you, that's how I roll). I am a visiting nurse, I see anywhere from 5 to 6 patients a day (3 days a week I see 5, 2 days a week I see 6). The days I ahve 5 patients are a 'catch up day' to finish up paperwork and make calls to dr offices.

We have recently started a Palliative Care program for patients who are not ready for Hospice but need some extra TLC. I LOVE Palliative Care....I was an oncology nurse before becoming a homecare nurse, and PC is a blend of the 2! The down fall of PC is that the patients are needy, understandably so, and require more time while with them (we are given about an hour a patient), sometimes close to 2 hours depending on how they are doing.

This was my schedule last week

Monday 6 patients
Tuesday 6 patients (and I was getting sick)
Out sick Wed
Out Thursday
Friday 6 patients

Monday 6 patients
Today 6 patients
Tomorrow they have me scheduled for 5 patients AND a 2 hour meeting at the hospital!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sad2:

I will be talking to my boss tomorrow to let her know this is EXACTLY why I am often behind on my work. We are salaried, so no OT.

Needless to say my walls are twisted!

Now onto better topics........my boys!!!!

Cody had his 1st day of 1st grade yesterday!!!!!!!!!! He seems to like it, although I do have to send an email to his teacher to make her aware of some of his issues (I would hope it was discussed from teacher to teacher, but I don't want to assume).

Shane started K today! At our school, K is half day and the 1st day half the class goes, the 2nd day the other half, then the 3rd day they all start. Since our last name starts with a "Y" he went the 2nd day. However yesterday he came home and said

"Mom, no nap!!!!!!!"

me "why not?"

"Cause..... I'm a Kindergartener!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

He loves school and learning. He also picks things up so fast. He has the same teacher that Cody had last year for learning support, so this will be night and day for her!

Here is my 1st Grader!
2010schoolyear080.jpg

And my baby!
2010schoolyear084.jpg

Me and my La's
2010schoolyear088.jpg

Lately I have had a lot of trouble falling asleep. I'm TIRED all day, but once 6pm comes around I usually get a 2nd wind and I'm up til 2 or 3. Not a nice cycle.............anyway................

I decided at 9:30, while talking to my mom, I'm going to start cleaning. I started in the living room, then came over to the computer desk in the hall, then the bathroom. I then take a 'break' to watch Criminal Minds on DVR while sorting through some stuff from the computer desk. Finish CM, them head to our front porch. Now our front porch is enclosed and we NEVER use our front door.........unless you count opening it to throw whatever we don't want to deal with out onto the porch!!!! It is often the place where things go that don't have a home, or I'm trying to hide from my DH (Like the Thomas Kinkade my mom gave us...worth about $2000!!!). I know there a tons of yard saleable things out there. So for about 20 minutes I worked out there, found some stuff for YS, some stuff I need to pack away (like CDs...I refuse to part with them since I've had itunes crash and burn before, I don't want to lose all the music I own!) and some stuff that REALLY needs to make it up to the attic (like the halloween stuff from LAST year!!!!!!!).

This little cleaning run found a box of Xmas gifts I never mailed to my Goddaughter (I feel like a total tool!), a nice pile of stuff for YS, and a garbage bag of trash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool1::cool1:

Of course while I was doing all this, I asked DH to straighten up in our bedroom (he was up there watching tv). A few weeks ago I did a major overhaul in there and it was starting to get carpeted in laundry again and had once more become the psycho dog's treasure dumping ground. Of course he got all huffy.... "Why bother, it never stays clean" UGH....it doesn't stay clean by pixie dust and magic!!!!!!!!!!! It stays clean when you CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELF. When you put your dirty socks in the round plastic basket made just for dirty clothes rather than on the floor where ever you take them off at!

The boys' playroom is on my list of things to tackle this weekend and sadly it will be an ALL weekend project. My kids have entirely TOO much stuff, in fact the whole house has too much stuff. Watch out everyone, Mama is cleaning house and making money for Mickey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do hope your job gets less stressful, in the meantime tell yourself you will be in disney soon! :flower3:

So great that you have gotten so much cleaned up around the house! Will be nice to have more stuff for your yard sale. Right now we have alot of stuff in the garage for a yard sale, now if only I can find time to have one.

Your boys are so handsome all ready for school!

I do hope your job gets less stressful, in the meantime tell yourself you will be in disney soon! :flower3:

So great that you have gotten so much cleaned up around the house! Will be nice to have more stuff for your yard sale. Right now we have alot of stuff in the garage for a yard sale, now if only I can find time to have one.

Your boys are so handsome all ready for school!

Work was better the last 2 days. And I have a 3 day weekend coming up :banana:

We tend to have a YS every year or 2. Last year we didn't so I have a lot of stuff to go through! I've been holding onto a lot of stuff 'just in case' not sure what the 'case' would be, so I am really purging! Although I have an attic FULL of baby stuff I need to go through, just not for this YS!

Thanks, I think my boys are adorable, but I'm their mom, it's my job!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter