Less than 1 week, I think I might pee myself!.......a PTR

I like your autograph book & I bought two of those same misters!

Thanks, I got them at Walgreens....I checked out your PTR and like what you did with the autographs from last trip! Very clever!

I posted awhile back about the Mickey Bank I found at Walgreens after Easter. Well here is a picture!

legostore002-1.jpg

We've managed to fill it up with more than I thought we would and I haven't even cleaned out the car change in the ashtray yet. We have about $245 in bills in addition to the change!

DH says this is our last big trip for a long time as our house needs a roof. I have already started to get sad and our trip is still over 40 days away!!! I am wishing I would have booked WL for the extra $900....you know to make it more memorable. LOL! I'm hoping that if I really start to get working with SR and save spare change we can get back there faster....after all SR can't be used for a roof;). And we won't be able to do a value as with any luck we will have another child. I guess it will give me something to look forward to!

I would LOVE to go on a solo trip, but right now, with the boys being so little I would feel so guilty! So that is not an option either.

I went to AC Moore today and got iron on paper and tshirts (they were even on sale 2 for 5!). Does anyone know if I have to wash the shirts before I do the transfer or after? I found a really neat tshirt with Star Wars Lego characters on it. The boys will flip for these! I usually hit the Disney Store for shirts for them. Our last trip I scored a ton of t-shirts on sale before going. Now it seems as if the quality of the shirts has declined, yet the prices have increased! :confused3 So I saw the shirt on another Disser's PTR (hi Hope!) and thought it would be perfect. Of course DH got annoyed I was spending money and said "Why don't you just buy them shirts in Disney?" UGH! I will see how I do with these, I might make one other one for each of them....I'll let them pick what character they want. Cody will pick WallE....Shane, I'm not too sure about.

Since it is 2:30am I guess I better get my booty to bed....the sun will be up before long.....with any luck I won't get called out. I'm on call for work this week.......which means I don't sleep as good as normal because I am waiting for the phone to ring.

Hey Star, just wanted to pop in and say I'm here! I'm not all caught up yet but I'll get there, lol. Love the stuff you bought- if you need more glow sticks try eBay. I got a pack of 100 for about $10. We'll be glow crazy for Spectro and for MNSSHP!

So great that your mom helped with the trip and some other bills. Its kind of bittersweet- when my grandma passed my dad paid off my student loans and on one hand it was such a relief to have them paid off but I just cried when he gave me the check because I'd rather have my grandma and still be making those payments, kwim?

Our trips are sooooo close, its getting very exciting! :woohoo:

Hey Star, just wanted to pop in and say I'm here! I'm not all caught up yet but I'll get there, lol. Love the stuff you bought- if you need more glow sticks try eBay. I got a pack of 100 for about $10. We'll be glow crazy for Spectro and for MNSSHP!

So great that your mom helped with the trip and some other bills. Its kind of bittersweet- when my grandma passed my dad paid off my student loans and on one hand it was such a relief to have them paid off but I just cried when he gave me the check because I'd rather have my grandma and still be making those payments, kwim?

Our trips are sooooo close, its getting very exciting! :woohoo:

Thanks for taking the time to read! Too cool that we will be arriving the same day and have some park days the same!

I am so grateful for my mom. She really helps when she can. My granddaddy and I weren't that close, but since he only had 3 grandchildren, I would say my brother and I were the closest to him (he couldn't stand my sister!) He suffered for about 2 years before he died and lived a hard life. I just hope he has found some peace. It has been really hard for my mom, she still has bad days, but there have been more good lately!

The 1st trip we made with my dad and crew was with money from my grandmothers estate (his mother). My Bama and I were SUPER close. She had 6 grandchildren and I was her favorite! LOL!!! (she never admitted to having a favorite, but when she was in the hospital and hospice, it was me she would call for...not my dad or my uncle, but me) That trip was hard, as the last time I had been to WDW she went with us.

I am hoping to get to some rope drops.....DH likes to eat breakfast and waste one of our dining credits. The boys would be happy with a donut or poptart, and I would be happy with a danish, but he likes to waste time and sit down and eat in the food court!!!! :sad2: I know we made at least 1 last time.........that was for MGM and I think we have a ressie for b'fast.

I am pretty sure I don't need anymore glow sticks...I usually try to pick them up after Halloween on clearance, but thanks for the tip! I was reading your TR and Amanda's TR and remembered I need to get an over the door shoe organizer.... I have already gotten the pop up hamper!

Glad my PTR is so helpful! :lmao:
I know that "sad before we go" feeling. You'll get back there again!

Amanda

Yesterday I took the boys to my moms and got home around 9. For some reason I had all this energy and decided to clean our bedroom!!!!!!:banana: One of the reasons I wanted to boys to go to my moms was so I could get some stuff done around the house. Of course I procrastinated and we only have 2 weeks lefts, including this one!!!!! WOW that went fast!

Today I took off, so I was able to get some running around done. I returned shorts I had gotten for DH from Kmart, I went to Kohls to look at a suitcase I want to get. It is made by Dockers is org $229, on sale for $119 and my friend has a coupon for 30% off your total if you use your Kohls charge. I went to look at it again and make sure it is a decent quality (it is!) and is easy to work with (it is!). I also went to Target and found Toy Story Bendaroo Book for $2.28!!!!!!!!!! They were 75% off!!!! :banana: The boys have just discovered Bendaroos:rolleyes1. I also went to Five Below and found waterproof cameras for the water park for $5!!!!! I got 2. I read somewhere that the WP have photopass photographers, then read WDW stopped that? So for $5, I figure it will be worth it!

I also ordered the Graco IPO Twin from Walmart today, it should be here by the end of Aug! That give me plenty of time to return it and get the Combi if need be.

So here are picts of what I got today

tripstuff001.jpg

Cameras

tripstuff002.jpg

Bendaroo books (pardon the nosey kitten in the picture!)

Tonight DH is taking me to Texas Roadhouse for dinner and then to Barnes and Noble for 'date night'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He needs some new books to bring on our trip.

I'll read your pretrip if you read mine :rotfl:

I'm going to have to run to Target and check to see if they have the Bendaroo books at ours.

Hey, just thought i would say hi and that i loved reading your post. I am away on my trip in 1 week and 5 days so i know how excited you must be. my good ol ma and pa are talking me as a 30th birthday pressie. 3 years ago i was lucky enough to work in EPCOT (every person comes out tired)) in the uk pavilion. (i am from Scotland) so it feels like i am getting to go home in a way (i am such a disney geek.

I am also lucky enough to still work for the company. i now work part time for the disney store while i am at university belatedly working towards my degree. The benifits of working for the company meant that i could surprise my parents with the free tickets they give us (4 a year) i had managed to save 8 and was soooo excited as this would mean only buying one 7day.....alas on a trip to London with my boy and his family my bag was nicked in a pub....which contained my purse....which contained my tickets....DOH!!!!! it also meant i had to buy a new passport ......oh well i have saved and my other bonus being having worked for the mouse for 3 years i now qualify for 35% off in the parks!!!!!! woohoo!!!!

lol anyway i am symapathising with your saving etc....all tho i only have to worry about me...so my hat goes off to you being so organised with your family....also what is fantasia???? :confused3

haha anyway i am sure you and your family will make some magical memories and have the best time ever...and you can take some peace in knowing that although i am already home pinning for my bowl of chilli at gasparillas you will still be excitingly awaiting your trip!!!

sorry that was a dull reply i just enjoyed your posts so much i wanted to say now and have ended up rabbiting on like a fool!!!

cheers!
Ana

I'll read your pretrip if you read mine :rotfl:

I'm going to have to run to Target and check to see if they have the Bendaroo books at ours.

I found them in the electronic section....not sure why they were there :confused3 Thye also had princess ones, but those didn't look like they were as low in price (I thinkm they were about 6 and change). I'll be popping over to you PTR just as soon as I am done here! Thanks for reading!

Hey, just thought i would say hi and that i loved reading your post. I am away on my trip in 1 week and 5 days so i know how excited you must be. my good ol ma and pa are talking me as a 30th birthday pressie. 3 years ago i was lucky enough to work in EPCOT (every person comes out tired)) in the uk pavilion. (i am from Scotland) so it feels like i am getting to go home in a way (i am such a disney geek.

I am also lucky enough to still work for the company. i now work part time for the disney store while i am at university belatedly working towards my degree. The benifits of working for the company meant that i could surprise my parents with the free tickets they give us (4 a year) i had managed to save 8 and was soooo excited as this would mean only buying one 7day.....alas on a trip to London with my boy and his family my bag was nicked in a pub....which contained my purse....which contained my tickets....DOH!!!!! it also meant i had to buy a new passport ......oh well i have saved and my other bonus being having worked for the mouse for 3 years i now qualify for 35% off in the parks!!!!!! woohoo!!!!

lol anyway i am symapathising with your saving etc....all tho i only have to worry about me...so my hat goes off to you being so organised with your family....also what is fantasia???? :confused3

haha anyway i am sure you and your family will make some magical memories and have the best time ever...and you can take some peace in knowing that although i am already home pinning for my bowl of chilli at gasparillas you will still be excitingly awaiting your trip!!!

sorry that was a dull reply i just enjoyed your posts so much i wanted to say now and have ended up rabbiting on like a fool!!!

cheers!
Ana

Happy Birthday! I just turned 30 this year!

Bummer about your purse with your tickets! But YAY for getting 35% off!

Don't go taking your hat off to me, I am not all that organized! I am a procrastinator and very scatter brained. Unless it is for something I am passionate about.........like Disney!

Fantasia is a home product company (I am a consultant and do parties for the 'hostess' who invited her friends to buy stuff....then the hostess gets free products.....Fantasia is to put it mildly romance products :rolleyes1). I am actaully a full time nurse but did that on the side for extra money. I think I am about done with it though...the money is not as good as it used to be.

I actually feel a bit better now that I am not 'talking' to myself!

aha i see!! i figured it was an Ann summers type of thing ...better name tho.lol

but yes agrees on the disney passion tho.... even got me thru a rather evil split shift today... a 6am till 12 then a 4pm till 9...but with only 1 week 4 days to go i held on to my sanity.

so how are the kids? i have a niece and a nephew 5 and 8 respectively and we went to disney with them last time...it was a blast...they are such sweet kids, i will miss them this year but they are going to france on holiday this year. and i had great news from my other sister who is expecting her first child... i am so excited i love being an aunt! (i get to give them back!!)

anyhoo i am clearly blethering again. lol
will speak again soon
Ana:woohoo:

My deprived children don't know what a Bendaroo is! :lmao: Glad to see that my Target spending addiction is contagious. :thumbsup2

Amanda

My deprived children don't know what a Bendaroo is! :lmao: Glad to see that my Target spending addiction is contagious. :thumbsup2

Amanda

That's it, someone needs to call children and youth! No Bendaroo's!?!?!?!? You lucky, lucky mom!

My Target spending is beyond a sickness!!!!

Having never flown to WDW before (well, not counting as a teen) this is a new experience for me!!!!!

The kids were so excited to get Mickey mail!

So was I!

I got our luggage at Kohls Tues, and sunglasses from TDS ($1.99/pair) for the kids! So now all the 'big' purchases for the trips are done... stroller and luggage, clothes for DH (he just needs a few tops), clothes for me. Now it is just little stuff. I'm still debating about getting the photopass CD...I wish they still did shares here, as $100 is a lot to swallow for pictures so that could be another big ticket item (which will have to wait until next month).

I got notification form Walmart that our stroller was shipped to the store and is in transit :cool1:

I finally gave in and called the ortho dr today to schedule an appt (next Thurs) for my knee. The pain is getting unreal so I am hoping he will give me another steriod injection and it will hold me for our trip.

Well off to clean the litter box...it's garbage night. Then I have loads of charting to do on my patients this week.

:sad2: because we are in the Uk we don't get dme passes... we just have to show up... which is a bit mean...

oh well not long now!!!

TGIF....it has been a long week, and I only worked 4 of them!!!!

Today started off nice! I went to see a patient, and his caregivers gave me ride tickets for a local fair. They get them for free since they work there (and don't need them as they ride for free!). They have me 4 sheets for us to take the kids to have some fun!!!!!! I called DH and we made plans to go to the fair after work since it would be a cheap night!

I was on my way to see my last patient about 30 minutes away from 'town' when the boys' daycare called me to tell me Cody said his neck and throat hurt, his whole body ached and he was just laying around all day. It would be about 2 and a half hours until I would be able toget him, so I called DH. Thankfully he was able to leave work early to get him. They came home, he dosed him with Motrin and he fell asleep. That was at 2:30 and he is still asleep!!!!

I just went to check on him, and looked at his tonsil....WOWSA, those are some red, angry, pus-y tonsils! Looks like we will be call the ped tomorrow and hoping they have office hours!

That also means no fair......hopefully tomorrow?

So that means I have tonight to do a whole lotta notta! :dance3: So I've decided to start making t-shirts for the boys! Because my house cleans itself!:rotfl2: and I have nothing better to do!

I'll post pictures later....I'm hoping I know what I am doing!! LOL!

Today didn't go as planned.......but what day ever does!

Cody was still sick when he woke up. I waited until 9 and called the ped. He's off this weekend, so I go the number of a covering dr. I call his office and they tell me, since we aren't regular patients, it would be $165 to see Cody today and then in 2 weeks, when our insurance pays them, they will cut me a check. Um....no. So I decided to take him to the Urgent Care place for the hospital I work for. It was a $25 co-pay and we were in and out! Of course he had no fever (it was 97.7, but last night it was up to 102.4). They did a rapid strep and guess what.........it was positive:sick:. Now something I don't understand is....why do the test? They were going to order him Amoxicillin anyway (which is what they ordered!) so why the test? Now before anyone gets offended, I am a nurse, so I know WHY, but to me it was unnecessary to do it if your plan of action was not going to change! Oh well, thank goodness for good insurance!

When we came home he was feeling ok, so we walked down to Community Day and looked around. Cody started to feel yucky so we walked home (it was only 2 block away). I had planned on taking them to the fair, but that did not happen. So we took a family nap!!!!

DH cooked dinner (crab meat stuffed chicken) and we just kind of bummed around the house.

I did get 2 shirts done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This one is for Shane
communitydayshirts032.jpg

This one is for Cody
communitydayshirts033.jpg

DH asked if I had more of the paper, I don't, but it's not really hard to get more. Well Now he wants a t-shirt..........but not for Disney. For the firetruck! He then informed me he didn't want the kids to wear their shirts in Disney, as you shouldn't have your child's name on them when you are in a busy place. Now he is correct, and the Disney Magic sometimes give us a false sense of security, but come on! We won't be right there? This is something we will discuss another day!

Oh, DH also said to the boys "You better get used to walking" I knew where he was going with it....Disney. He doesn't want to bring a stroller. I know better! So this may be a little battle we have to wage later.

Well, now that I have had a nap, I am not tired! Maybe I will do some more shirts.....or more likely I will watch some DVR!

So glad you came over to my ptr, so I could find yours!:goodvibes I have really enjoyed it. I know it has been a long wait, but now you have a little over a month:yay:

I have decided that you need to go shopping with me. I am good about finding good deals, but I always come home with way too much. It seriously is going to kill our extra money for disney. We need to pay our trips off soon and there goes all the money we have saved so far.

You did a good job making the shirts for the kids!

Hope Cody is feeling better. And yay for getting in the dme tags. Part of me would love to fly, but airfare is way too expensive from here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter