Land Border Opening?

Yeah they haven't dropped that yet for international travel into the US. I have a feeling that will be in place on both sides for awhile.
^^ this. I booked with Delta and thankfully they're being pretty flexible with changes/cancellations, so I felt ok with booking to secure our seats. Adding another $1500-$2000 onto the trip cost for testing just isn't realistic.

Oh, well this whole announcement still sucks then LOL We are still not "free" to travel with 2 doses.

This doesn't make me want to buy any WDW Christmas Party tickets in August at this point.

This was just shut up everyone who was nagging them.

*Back to being underwhelmed* LOL

Oh, well this whole announcement still sucks then LOL We are still not "free" to travel with 2 doses.

This doesn't make me want to buy any WDW Christmas Party tickets in August at this point.

I have a feeling it will be like this for awhile. Mainly due to other countries and not us. They did say they are still concerned about variants coming in from other countries when they do open.

I don’t know what the point is of returning travellers to still get a Covid test if fully vaccinated? And quarantine at home until results are in. Guess that will still nix Aug trip. Daughter gets 2 weeks, and we are booked to return Saturday night for her return to work Monday. Or shorten vacay to return early for test & quarantine. Ugh. Last I looked charge for test was $200ish per person.
I wonder if the US will still require neg test to enter? This will add a prox $800 to trip. .
I know a couple of people that got the test on arrival at Pearson and they both got results less than 24 hrs. Hopefully that’s the case.

I have a feeling it will be like this for awhile. Mainly due to other countries and not us. They did say they are still concerned about variants coming in from other countries when they do open.
At a certain point though, we need to trust the science and trust that the vaccine is doing its job.

I personally believe that this leak and the 7 million Moderna vaccines coming in June (for the first time from the USA rather than Europe) are completely linked. USA wants to open border, Canada wants more vaccines, the feds negotiate a win-win. That said I might be biased because I made the comment not long ago that this was likely to happen but an admin deleted it.

Edit: Looks like I could be way off base, I just read this will apply to Canadians returning home but will not apply to Americans who want to be tourists in Canada

Last edited:
Won't let me open it, what does it say? Was this article published before the announcement this morning? If so then it might be moot because Tam said they don't want to open to tourists until we are 75% FULLY vaccinated now.
From the article (it was in the Star yesterday)
An announcement could come as soon as Friday on how fully vaccinated people can more easily travel between Canada and the U.S as the first step in a plan to reopen the border.

Yeah they haven't dropped that yet for international travel into the US. I have a feeling that will be in place on both sides for awhile.

The USA I am sure will drop that very soon. For Canada we will have to see but I would think that it won't take too long before they dont require a mandatory test either for people who have both doses. I would assume it will greatly depend on the number of fully vaxxed travelers who test positive on return

Yes, a bit of an underwhelming announcement. Still have to test on the way down and 2 tests coming home first 3 days before flight and then another on return. This for fully vaccinated people 😟. The only thing they changed is quarantine.

Has anyone done the Covid test in Florida? Where and how much does it cost?

FYI: I'm going to start a new thread for these air discussions. I feel like we're clogging this one up, and for anyone looking for land border chat, they'll probably be frustrated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter