Just Checked in at BCV.... Pissed !!!

Thanks for the paragraph comment

Totally necessary

The only reason it bothered me was that I told my kids 12 and 9 and they were excited to be on a high floor (They Like being high up)

As I stated earlier i never complain about views or requests, if they happen they happen.

Just thought the CM could have been a little nicer with the whole situation, it might be the tenth time this week that she was dealing with a unhappy guest, but it was my FIRST !!!!

Hope the last paragraph isnt too long for you

It is when the cms act nonchalant about stuff that i deem important that I get pissed.

We had 3 incidents last trip where we weren't believed and then were proved right and they still didn't care that they made my mom feel bad. Picking on 80 year old ladies isn't cool!

Hope today brings tons of fun!!!

Now that is all behind you, I hope you're having a blast.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I can well understand the OPs feelings!!! A few years ago, we moved from BWV over to Kidani, for our last two nights, with another couple. We got to Kidani about 10am, knowing that our one bedroom villa wouldn't be ready!!! We were told that the housekeeper was close to our room so it shouldn't be too long. Well, we went off to a park, returning around 3ish. I hadn't heard anything, via text, so went up to the front desk to double check. There were guests checking in in front of me....and getting villas! So, I figured mine would be ready as well. nope, not yet! My phone was almost dead, so I went in search of an outlet to recharge. About 20 mins later, around 3:30, the text came saying my room was ready, giving me the room number. So, up we go. There was a little sign on the door, which was closed, saying 'your room is being serviced, and we are sorry for the inconvenience'...but dh knocked on the door, and then used his room key to enter. WELL!!!! The housekeeper jumped up, off the couch, and grabbed her mop which had been lying on the floor at her feet. She quickly turned off the TV!!! She thanked us for knocking!!! And then, she said (and this is a killer), that 'I'm just killing some time before my shift is over at 4. I'll be on my way now.'.....are you kidding me?
Now, everything 'looked' clean, but we found trash stowed behind the table lamp in the living room, used tissues on the floor of the master bedroom and the toilet didn't flush!!!

When I went down to report this to the front desk? The CM didn't sound concerned at all. And when we had an issue on a previous stay at Jambo House? Same lack of concern on the front desk CMs part. I think that's what bothers me the most!!! I know 'stuff' happens, I get it. Nothing is perfect. But if, and when, a problem crops up? It would be nice to feel validated. No, they may not be able to do anything, but it would be nice to think that I did have a valid concern.

The first CM shouldn't have told you you would be on the 4th floor if that was one of your requests, knowing that these kinds of things happen *all* the time. It SUCKS as a guest, especially after traveling all day and expecting a specific room but I don't think it should make or break your experience. How much time are you really going to be in the room? It was clearly a lack of communication with the CM's...the first one should have probably made comments in your reservation stating to NOT MOVE that room around. Sorry for rambling on, I just hate it when I hear people (anyone really) complain about these kinds of things because I've been on the other side of it!

The CM's volunteer that kind of info all the time without even being asked. The kind of questions I ask on checking in are usually related to hoping I don't get a HA room at BWV, and hoping my BW standard hasn't been 'upgraded'. (I don't want an upgrade to pool view or even BW View where I have to walk miles from the parking lot every time we come or go.) That said I've had HA room at BLT where you could barley tell it was HA.

Anyway, the CM's almost consistently tell me the floor or section my room is in.

I'm not sure how this all works with the advance checkin. Isn't your room already set at that time that your packet gets made up or are they constantly ruffling through those packets changing room assignments on day of check in?

OP - did you do check in online before arrival or did you wait until you got there?

I agree about the texting when the room is ready. That never works. Other than that I don't see what you're complaining about. If you're at a resort hoping for a specific building or if you paid for a specific view and didn't get it, those are legitimate gripes. As for a floor, it's s request. And what does being a DVC member have to do with it?

Im not complaining about the flr assignment, They gave me the chance to move to a 4th flr rm today if I wanted.... and I said No !! What I was complaining about was what I was told and how I was treated after I brought it to their attention. As far as being a DVC member I do expect some sort of respect for the product that I bought from them.... Thats all... Been around long enough to know how people should be treated

The CM's volunteer that kind of info all the time without even being asked. The kind of questions I ask on checking in are usually related to hoping I don't get a HA room at BWV, and hoping my BW standard hasn't been 'upgraded'. (I don't want an upgrade to pool view or even BW View where I have to walk miles from the parking lot every time we come or go.) That said I've had HA room at BLT where you could barley tell it was HA.

Anyway, the CM's almost consistently tell me the floor or section my room is in.

I'm not sure how this all works with the advance checkin. Isn't your room already set at that time that your packet gets made up or are they constantly ruffling through those packets changing room assignments on day of check in?

OP - did you do check in online before arrival or did you wait until you got there?

Checked in Online a while back, again its not about the flr assignment, I never asked the CM what flr or rm we were in, they told me, all I said ws ok but did tell my two younger kids that we were on a high flr ( which they like )

I can well understand the OPs feelings!!! A few years ago, we moved from BWV over to Kidani, for our last two nights, with another couple. We got to Kidani about 10am, knowing that our one bedroom villa wouldn't be ready!!! We were told that the housekeeper was close to our room so it shouldn't be too long. Well, we went off to a park, returning around 3ish. I hadn't heard anything, via text, so went up to the front desk to double check. There were guests checking in in front of me....and getting villas! So, I figured mine would be ready as well. nope, not yet! My phone was almost dead, so I went in search of an outlet to recharge. About 20 mins later, around 3:30, the text came saying my room was ready, giving me the room number. So, up we go. There was a little sign on the door, which was closed, saying 'your room is being serviced, and we are sorry for the inconvenience'...but dh knocked on the door, and then used his room key to enter. WELL!!!! The housekeeper jumped up, off the couch, and grabbed her mop which had been lying on the floor at her feet. She quickly turned off the TV!!! She thanked us for knocking!!! And then, she said (and this is a killer), that 'I'm just killing some time before my shift is over at 4. I'll be on my way now.'.....are you kidding me?
Now, everything 'looked' clean, but we found trash stowed behind the table lamp in the living room, used tissues on the floor of the master bedroom and the toilet didn't flush!!!

When I went down to report this to the front desk? The CM didn't sound concerned at all. And when we had an issue on a previous stay at Jambo House? Same lack of concern on the front desk CMs part. I think that's what bothers me the most!!! I know 'stuff' happens, I get it. Nothing is perfect. But if, and when, a problem crops up? It would be nice to feel validated. No, they may not be able to do anything, but it would be nice to think that I did have a valid concern.

One word... union. You cannot fire that housekeeper so she is not afriad of getting caught. The front desk knew so did not bother to register your complaint.

You wont see this type of employees in Disney Japan or Hong Kong.

The texts don't always work.
For me it's more like they seldom work! I can count on one hand the # of texts I've gotten over the last 12 years that my villa's ready! Oh well..... I've never been treated like that, I would be peeved as well! Thankfully it's not the norm!

Venting on these boards can be vicarious at best! Some people can be quite harsh in their judgement! Enjoy the rest of your trip!

Here is another possible scenario as to what may have happened: After the OP checked in, another DVC member checked in who also had requested a fourth floor villa. When they were informed that their request could not be granted and that they would be given a villa on the first floor, the other DVC member kindly asked, pleaded, begged, yelled, screamed, and/or demanded that they be given a villa on the fourth floor. After being browbeat for 15 minutes by the irate DVC member, the CM caved in and gave the fourth floor villa to that other member.

Perhaps the scenario I described didn't happened in the OP's case. But after reading the disboards for a while, I've come to realize that anything is possible.

Hmm. I have been assigned a room, and not liking the location, asked for a better one. :confused3 Not yelling, complaining, none of that. Just asking, nicely. And about 1/3 the time, they do find me one I like better. (I try and check in early, and say I will gladly wait for the room I prefer). I always thought this was ok, after all, sometimes what I ask for, others would not like at all. I guess if the resort is fully booked, I might be sticking someone with a "crappier" room, if we agree on what is crappy. (example, some people want near the elevator, not me, I would rather walk a long mile down a BWV corridor then have that).

I would be annoyed if I was told 4th floor, and thought, YAY, just what I wanted, just to get the 1st floor in the end. I might even take the offer to switch rooms the next day. But, I would get over it of course, and have fun at my wonderful home resort, BCV!

The only legitimate complaint is being told what floor your room was on. That Cast Member should not have done that.

Also I think when guests arrive early and even though they say they know the rooms are not going to be ready until after 4pm, they really expect them to be earlier than that.

As to the texting situation, it simply does not work for some reason. Maybe just too many phones, in the same area. I know we have problems with ours when we go to concerts or sporting events.

Yes, but it was a human reaction. Think about it. You are working the front desk, OP comes up, asks about the request to be on the 4th floor....you look at the paperwork/computer, and sure enough, they are on the 4th floor. This is your chance to make their day, give them some Disney magic....so of course, you grin and say, "Yes you will be on the 4th floor for your stay, sir." Who could resist being the bearer of good news?

Holy crap, that's hilarious and awful at the same time. I don't know what I would do, but I would not be happy. I would hope that even if they didn't seem to care about the complaint that she was using your room for downtime, they would at least care that the room was not in tip top condition.

Yes, but it was a human reaction. Think about it. You are working the front desk, OP comes up, asks about the request to be on the 4th floor....you look at the paperwork/computer, and sure enough, they are on the 4th floor. This is your chance to make their day, give them some Disney magic....so of course, you grin and say, "Yes you will be on the 4th floor for your stay, sir." Who could resist being the bearer of good news?

It might be human reaction but look at the problem it caused. The OP would be less disappointed if he/she had never known they might actually get their request.

The CM is never suppose to do this, it is policy.

Ya a request is just a request. But its no longer a request when you are promised or told exactly where you would be and without an apology is reason enough to pursue the situation further.

You are right about the texts, we go twice a year and each time check into 2 resorts, in the last 11 years of doing this I swear we've gotten like 2 texts, that whole system is a unreliable waste of breath for the cast member to even ask for it at check in.

Paragraphs are your friend.
And after 16 years, you should remember that requests are just requests. After being a DVC member for 16 years, we don't make requests at all.

The texts don't always work. When we got a text, it was usually around 4PM. And we have also been told the room was going to be ready in less than a half hour, about three times on the same check in. I liked the old phone call thing when we called the number we were given.

At least you got to enjoy Stormalong Bay.

For me it's more like they seldom work! I can count on one hand the # of texts I've gotten over the last 12 years that my villa's ready! Oh well..... I've never been treated like that, I would be peeved as well! Thankfully it's not the norm!

Venting on these boards can be vicarious at best! Some people can be quite harsh in their judgement! Enjoy the rest of your trip!

I know rt, some people find joy in shooting other people down, Luckily I dont dwell on that stuff....Thank You

One word... union. You cannot fire that housekeeper so she is not afriad of getting caught. The front desk knew so did not bother to register your complaint.

You wont see this type of employees in Disney Japan or Hong Kong.

This is a ridiculous post. It is the union's fault there was a lazy housekeeper?

When I first saw this thread I thought it was gong to be another "room in terrible shape" complaint at BCV. At least it was not that!

When I see these, I am reminded of the thread from a CM that stated working at a DVC resort was awful.

I think once you start going to Disney over and over, you want to micromanage the entire experience because all the little details start mattering more to you. I do not blame the OP, it is just a natural result of going over and over.

When you just visit a few times, you are mostly just excited to be at Disney and smaller details like room floor are not that important.

Catering to a lot of DVC members personal preferences at every level does sound like it could be very taxing. I can see how this could get old fast as a CM. I would probably prefer working with less frequent visitors that are just excited to be on property. Just less headaches.

I understand having a rude CM. I feel at any hotel, restaurant, store, no matter the cost you should never come across a rude clerk. Even if the OP was sounding a little upset, hey we've all been there, the CM should have sounded apologetic and at least made the appearance of caring and trying to do something.

OP, always, always, ask for the front desk manager. Even at Disney, they don't always use their pixie dust, but most of the time they will try!

Last year we stayed at VGC. I know many people will not agree with me. But, didn't like the front desk staff at all. Not one bit helpful, never willing to go out of their way, and always made me feeling like they were doing me a favor just staying here.

Our last 2 or 3 nights were at Paradise pier. Most people think it's the holiday Inn compared to GC but both trips we made there we disagree. The front desk staff, concierge, housekeeping... were awesome. Everyone was so helpful and always had a smile on their face. We also got a different room gift every night. Lots of little touches to make us feel special.

Hope you have a great stay and you and your children enjoy your room in the end!

When I see these, I am reminded of the thread from a CM that stated working at a DVC resort was awful.

IMO that would be just another complaint thread. Working in the service industry or dealing with lots of people is going to have its ups and downs. It's how you deal with it that makes the difference.

One word... union. You cannot fire that housekeeper so she is not afriad of getting caught. The front desk knew so did not bother to register your complaint......(snip)....

Respectfully, that is just not true. I had to fire many union members in my past corporate life. Reasons ranged from unsatisfactory performance to poor attendance to outright theft. It is not easy to fire someone - nor should it be. The goal of a good supervisor is to help his/her employees understand & meet the standards.

Poor performing employees are a reflection of their Supervisors and Managers. Several of the Supervisors who worked for me expressed the same thoughts as you did, but they were just unwilling to follow the process, do the documentation & hard work it takes to fire someone. Eventually, I had to fire (or reassign) a few of them - they were not cut out to supervise.

Respectfully, that is just not true. I had to fire many union members in my past corporate life. Reasons ranged from unsatisfactory performance to poor attendance to outright theft. It is not easy to fire someone - nor should it be. The goal of a good supervisor is to help his/her employees understand & meet the standards.

Poor performing employees are a reflection of their Supervisors and Managers. Several of the Supervisors who worked for me expressed the same thoughts as you did, but they were just unwilling to follow the process, do the documentation & hard work it takes to fire someone. Eventually, I had to fire (or reassign) a few of them - they were not cut out to supervise.

Great post. As the one person insinuated, I certainly hope they wouldn't ignore complaints due to that worker being in a union.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter