Just Checked in at BCV.... Pissed !!!

Mazz519

DIS Veteran
We checked into BCV today and I cant tell you how mad I am right now.. We just got off the Fantasy this morning after a great 7 days at sea.. We were off the shipoearly and at BCV by10am.. I knew our rms would not be ready so we planned a relaxing day at the pool all day. When I checked in at 10am the cast member who took care of me told me that our rm was not ready but we would be on the 4th floor as requested but could not tell me the rm number(which I totally understand).. They asked for my cell # so they can text me when the rm was ready...At 330 pm I went to the front desk to let them know that my phone was dead and to take my wifes # so they can call me on that..At that time they told me the rm was still not ready but should be done in about a half hr... Well after an hr I went to the front desk again and was told that my room was finally ready..( Mind you I never got a text from them at all)...At that Time I was told I was in rm 158 on the first floor !!!!. I tried to explain to the Cast member that I was told I was on the 4th flr when I first checked in.. She really didnt seem to care and stated I dont know what happened but this is your rm.. I was told that something might have been wrong with my room and they switched it.. Let me say another thing...I NEVER complain, but the cast member really didnt care what I was told, all she said was that I can change ur room the next day ( something me and my wife did not want to do, did not want to deal with packing up everything again and waiting all day tomorrow)... My gripe is that somebody who checked in after me probably complained about their rm and they changed it for them and gave me their room...

Another thing when I asked how come I was never texted a message about my rm being ready they said they did at 330pm ( The same exact time I went to the front desk to find out if the rm was ready).. Let me just say I have been a DVC member for 16 yrs now and I have never been treated the way I was today.... I will probably be over this tomorrow, but this really got to me after a very long day !!!!!

We checked into BCV today and I cant tell you how mad I am right now.. We just got off the Fantasy this morning after a great 7 days at sea.. We were off the shipoearly and at BCV by10am.. I knew our rms would not be ready so we planned a relaxing day at the pool all day. When I checked in at 10am the cast member who took care of me told me that our rm was not ready but we would be on the 4th floor as requested but could not tell me the rm number(which I totally understand).. They asked for my cell # so they can text me when the rm was ready...At 330 pm I went to the front desk to let them know that my phone was dead and to take my wifes # so they can call me on that..At that time they told me the rm was still not ready but should be done in about a half hr... Well after an hr I went to the front desk again and was told that my room was finally ready..( Mind you I never got a text from them at all)...At that Time I was told I was in rm 158 on the first floor !!!!. I tried to explain to the Cast member that I was told I was on the 4th flr when I first checked in.. She really didnt seem to care and stated I dont know what happened but this is your rm.. I was told that something might have been wrong with my room and they switched it.. Let me say another thing...I NEVER complain, but the cast member really didnt care what I was told, all she said was that I can change ur room the next day ( something me and my wife did not want to do, did not want to deal with packing up everything again and waiting all day tomorrow)... My gripe is that somebody who checked in after me probably complained about their rm and they changed it for them and gave me their room...

Another thing when I asked how come I was never texted a message about my rm being ready they said they did at 330pm ( The same exact time I went to the front desk to find out if the rm was ready).. Let me just say I have been a DVC member for 16 yrs now and I have never been treated the way I was today.... I will probably be over this tomorrow, but this really got to me after a very long day !!!!!

Paragraphs are your friend.

Perhaps the person in the room you thought you had failed to check out and self extended. It happens.

And after 16 years, you should remember that requests are just requests. After being a DVC member for 16 years, we don't make requests at all.

The texts don't always work. When we got a text, it was usually around 4PM. And we have also been told the room was going to be ready in less than a half hour, about three times on the same check in. I liked the old phone call thing when we called the number we were given.

At least you got to enjoy Stormalong Bay.

Sounds pretty normal to me, make sure that you discuss in person your issues with the resort manager or the guest show manager. They may tell you that they are not available or not on property but be persistent.

Send an email to Member Satisfaction at;

dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com

:earsboy: Bill

Bummer, the old bait and switch really stinks but what would really get me going is the paragraph comment.

There's no need for that.

Bummer, the old bait and switch really stinks but what would really get me going is the paragraph comment.

Posts with breaks in them are easier to read for a lot of us. :3dglasses

It's not bait and switch. Bait and switch would be reserving a 4th floor room and then not getting it. A request is not guaranteed. It's possible there was a maintenance issue with the room or the prior occupants didn't checkout. Who knows. All the OP could have done was pursue it with the manager, the front desk cm doesn't control room assignments.

The same thing has happened to us before. I didn't let it ruin our vacation - it is what it is. We just try and enjoy our vacations.

Sorry to hear you are frustrated. If it still bothers you tomorrow, talk to a manager. I hope you have a wonderful vacation :)

DebbieB said:
It's not bait and switch. Bait and switch would be reserving a 4th floor room and then not getting it. A request is not guaranteed. It's possible there was a maintenance issue with the room or the prior occupants didn't checkout. Who knows. All the OP could have done was pursue it with the manager, the front desk cm doesn't control room assignments.

Oh okay, the front desk told him he got 4th floor then he ended up on the 1st for some reason.
They got his hopes up then dashed them. Maybe that's not bait and switch, maybe it's.... I'm going to tell you your room request was granted but, no, not really I was just kidding, here's a 1st floor room since requests are just requests, you got a room per contract, go forth and be happy.
I make requests but don't count on them. Thank goodness for bw view and hospitality house booking categories.

disneynutz said:
Posts with breaks in them are easier to read for a lot of us. :3dglasses

Well then why not say that instead of paragraphs are your friend which can be taken badly.
Of course maybe I read more into it then intended but then again, I've been reading and posting on these boards for 16 years and one gets to know that this is an open forum, some things are nuggets worthy of keeping and some things are not.

Well, during my BCV stay last month the elevators when down for multiple days... so if the same happens during the OP's stay, they will be glad they are on the first floor! HAHA

We aren't big on room requests either - why even both to think about getting you hopes up when there are absolutely no guarantees what-so-ever... it would be totally wasted time in the end.... in making the request.... and even thinking about getting the request....

So I don't think we have ever made a room request - however, I have requested a specific building at check in with the caveat... if it is going to be any trouble at all, just assign me where you have a room available. You don't think a Disney cast member is going to act bothered at all, so they will make some sort of effort to grant your wish...

Overall, requests are a totally the luck of the draw.

However, I can definitely understand the OP's frustration if they were told that their room request had been granted - so I can easily see the frustration!

Paragraphs are your friend.

Perhaps the person in the room you thought you had failed to check out and self extended. It happens.

And after 16 years, you should remember that requests are just requests. After being a DVC member for 16 years, we don't make requests at all.

The texts don't always work. When we got a text, it was usually around 4PM. And we have also been told the room was going to be ready in less than a half hour, about three times on the same check in. I liked the old phone call thing when we called the number we were given.

At least you got to enjoy Stormalong Bay.

Thanks for the paragraph comment

Totally necessary

The only reason it bothered me was that I told my kids 12 and 9 and they were excited to be on a high floor (They Like being high up)

As I stated earlier i never complain about views or requests, if they happen they happen.

Just thought the CM could have been a little nicer with the whole situation, it might be the tenth time this week that she was dealing with a unhappy guest, but it was my FIRST !!!!

Hope the last paragraph isnt too long for you

It's also possible that the same thing happened to your fourth floor room as happened to our supposed room-perhaps housekeeping hadn't seen the room at 10:00-if it wasn't ready it may have still been occupied. Then (assuming the previous occupants checked out) when housekeeping got in there, they saw that there was a major problem requiring the room to be out of commission for a day or two for major repairs/cleaning.

Here is another possible scenario as to what may have happened: After the OP checked in, another DVC member checked in who also had requested a fourth floor villa. When they were informed that their request could not be granted and that they would be given a villa on the first floor, the other DVC member kindly asked, pleaded, begged, yelled, screamed, and/or demanded that they be given a villa on the fourth floor. After being browbeat for 15 minutes by the irate DVC member, the CM caved in and gave the fourth floor villa to that other member.

Perhaps the scenario I described didn't happened in the OP's case. But after reading the disboards for a while, I've come to realize that anything is possible.

I know it can be frustrating and honestly, its one of the reasons I don't think they should allow requests...

Just out of curiosity, I wonder if the OP would have asked at check in, had he been told the request was not granted, to see if they could check again to see if it was still possible.

I read on here all the time of people who nicely ask about getting things at check in changed because they weren't given the room they hoped for..in reality, when it works, it probably means they moved someone else.

I do think though, they should alert the manager that they shouldn't be telling people where their rooms are and then when it changes, not give them a reason as to why..that would be just common courtesy...

Coming from front desk (with disney, in the past years ago) experience I can guarantee what others have already said is probably correct. The person who checked you in probably had seen that you were assigned originally to a 4th floor room. Either something wound up happening to that particular room (something broken, maybe someone else was relocated and that room fit what they needed, IDK!)
This is one of those exact reasons why guests don't find out their room number until the room is ready for them. The first CM shouldn't have told you you would be on the 4th floor if that was one of your requests, knowing that these kinds of things happen *all* the time. It SUCKS as a guest, especially after traveling all day and expecting a specific room but I don't think it should make or break your experience. How much time are you really going to be in the room? It was clearly a lack of communication with the CM's...the first one should have probably made comments in your reservation stating to NOT MOVE that room around. Sorry for rambling on, I just hate it when I hear people (anyone really) complain about these kinds of things because I've been on the other side of it!

I suppose if you requested something and did not receive it that can be disappointing. However, a request is a request. The CM helping you cannot control requests. Maybe she could have grabbed a manager or maybe she/he was new and was not aware she/he could do so.

Also, I work customer service. Don't shoot the messenger. If she/he didn't care maybe she/ he was not taking it out on you personally. Maybe they were having a very bad personal day, maybe they were sick, maybe their dog died, maybe another customer just got finished chewing her ear off over another issue that she also cannot control. You never know!
On a personal note, if a customer approaches me immediately hostile, I won't give them a damn thing. However, if you are polite and courteous I am happy to help anyway I can. CS is a tough business. Understand that we are the representative but we don't make the rules. It is just our job to uphold them in the best way possible.
Btw...you are in Disney World. Enjoy your vacation and keep it moving. :cool1:

The only legitimate complaint is being told what floor your room was on. That Cast Member should not have done that.

Also I think when guests arrive early and even though they say they know the rooms are not going to be ready until after 4pm, they really expect them to be earlier than that.

As to the texting situation, it simply does not work for some reason. Maybe just too many phones, in the same area. I know we have problems with ours when we go to concerts or sporting events.

I agree about the texting when the room is ready. That never works. Other than that I don't see what you're complaining about. If you're at a resort hoping for a specific building or if you paid for a specific view and didn't get it, those are legitimate gripes. As for a floor, it's s request. And what does being a DVC member have to do with it?

Let's give the OP a break - I'm sure he/she knows a request is not guaranteed. We can all recognize that it's disappointing to be told one thing and then experience something different.

A little venting is understandable, especially after a long day.

Mazz519 - Hope the rest of your trip is magical! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter