July Exercise Challenge...Jump In!...Everyone Welcome!

Another walk / jog around the lake on the 3rd...

120/1100

Sadly, nothing but housecleaning yesterday...

Mike read the chi running book and took a workshop.

All I know is that people have told him he makes running look easy--whatever that means. He really got a lot out of the book because he was having a lot of knee problems before he read it. Went from stability shoes for pronation to newtons/brooks pure flows--no correction for pronation.

Good luck!

What's the title of the book? I can't believe there's no one close to me who teaches it down here. :(

7/4 - 40 minutes running (and the rest of the day drinking margaritas and laying :beach:-side :hyper: :cool1:. Yes, life is good! :love::banana:)

114/1000

Today's exercise - 112 minutes

Warmup walk - 5 minutes
Ran 8 miles - 92 minutes (just as hot as yesterday, but I used my camelback/drank - still took it slow)
Cooldown walk - 15 minutes

July tally - 454/3000

ETA - I don't know how you folks in Florida do this year round. I love running, but would not love it if every run felt like this. Heat + humidity = runs that feel like work, not fun.

July 4

30 min walk AM
45 min walk PM

202/900

Looks like I'm getting in more time than anticipated - please up my goal to 1100 min. (Haha...as soon as I increase my time, the temps and humidity are going to go back up and I'm going to fade...)

62 min run/walk this morning brings me to 205/1500

ETA - I don't know how you folks in Florida do this year round. I love running, but would not love it if every run felt like this. Heat + humidity = runs that feel like work, not fun.

I think you just get used to it, so you don't really think about it after a while. I really notice the humidity in the morning when I walk out the door to go to work, and it feels like I just walked into a wall!:crazy2:

I forgot to logs Tuesday's workout which was 45 minutes of treadmill time fighting some horrible shin pain

It's not this bad year round, but it is a chore right now! Oct through May isn't too bad here in North Central Florida.

Just finished 40 min of cardio kickboxing and core work....

130/800

Hoping for no rain tomorrow morning and low humidity so I don't have a repeat of yesterday's overheated run!!!!

(If I lived in Florida I think I'd run on a treadmill all summer and or every mile I'd have to dump ice all over me and maybe run with one of those disney stroller fans attached to a hat bc I HATE heat and humidity!!! No clue how you all do it!)

So.... Would you run at 7am in 72 degree heat and 90% humidity or 8:30 pm in 83 degree heat, and 60% humidity? At least at 8:30p, it will start to get dark. Getting up at 5 wouldn't help bc it's going to be 90% humidity then too.....

150/1000

Got my DH to walk with me yesterday, part of the Fred Meijer trail going into a town nearby and then walked back around the college, about 4 miles.

Haven't been on dis much this month but need to post my goal of 1300 mins.

So far I have done

7/1 30 mins walking
7/2 30 mins walking
7/4 60 mins walking

120 mins so far!!

Getting ready to start back with my Tone It Up routines day. Will be back to post time for today this evening.

This group is really helping to keep me motivated (even though I joined late last month and didn't post much - I'll do even better this month).

7/6 - 61 min run/walk intervals (4.2mi), then walk the dog 10 min.

273/1100

Figment - I vote 8:30 pm if you've got enough light to finish the workout you want to do. 83 degrees is not too bad and the reduced humidity really helps. And as you said, the sun is going down and seems less harsh. Even at 8AM here, the sun feels very strong, the humidity is high and it's very difficult to keep going...

Today's Exercise - 152 minutes

Warmup walk - 5 minutes
Ran 10.5 miles - 132 minutes
Cooldown walk - 15 minutes

July tally - 606/3000

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter