July Exercise Challenge...Jump In!...Everyone Welcome!

Rose, sorry about that knee! Good job getting that mile in!

Yesterday - 68 minutes run/walk
Today - 21 minute run, 30 minute elliptical, 42 minute walk

Total - 366/1500

60 Minutes The FIRM Cardio Sculpt today brings me to

225/1200

Rose, glad you were able to get your walk in. Hope that knee (and the rest of you) heals up soon!

453/1800

Sorry to hear about your knee Rose. Please take care, and give it the time it needs to fully recover and heal before you continue your training. I speak from experience on this issue. I was a bull headed idiot once and thought I knew better than my doc how my recovery after a injury should go. Turns out they have a medical degree for a reason...::yes::

Thanks for the good thoughts everyone. :)
The md actually said walking was ok, but no running until the swelling/bruising/pain went down. Last night it hurt so much I assumed I was out of commission for a while. He was a pretty nice guy. Took a lot of time to show us all the xrays and tell us what they meant.

The sun was out here today and it was lovely. :goodvibes
It's amazing how what a day in the sunshine does for your attitude.

Thanks again for all the good thoughts you all! :goodvibes I am feeling much better, just have some lovely bruises for show and tell.;)

Got an extra 15 min in last night, plus 40 min walk today, so I'm at

328/1100

Take care Rose, and welcome back MrsAR

Did 20 min of abs last night so now I'm at

200/800

Supposed to run 3 miles tonight. First "official" run of wine and dine training. But I don't know if I will or not. My lower back is screaming at me today! Apparently I was not doing the chi running technique properly on my run on Saturday. Or it was the hills! Either way, I'll still get 3 runs in this week, but not sure if it will be today. I kinda have to, because of how my next week schedule is. Ahhhh, the joy of training. No excuses! :)

This group is really helping to keep me motivated (even though I joined late last month and didn't post much - I'll do even better this month).

Glad to hear it! :cool1: :thumbsup2

Oh rose! You poor thing! I can so completely sympathize with on-going pain and injuries one on top of another. It IS so hard to stay positive. Don't push yourself tho just for that one mile. I say u can make it up when you r better. What do u say fellow disers??? :)

AFM: I manage to get out for a run around 8:30 tonight and it was still hot and humid but not nearly as bad as it would have been with the sun beating down too. Did ok too, even ran ALL the hills (I usually cheat the last few feet of each one and walk but found out during a 5k that habit needs to be broken!

50 min run... 180/800

I agree! ::yes:: Don't push it Rose! You don't want to end up setting yourself back when you've been moving forward with every mile! :faint:

Great job Figment on running those hills! I always sing Kelly Clarkson in my head when I am struggling with a hard hill--what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. :goodvibes[/QUOTE]

Hahaha :lmao:I have that one on the iPod too along with R. Kelly, "I'm the World's Greatest" and Bon Jovi, "It's My Life". :rotfl: :rotfl:

If anyone follows me on Twitter, then you probably saw my rant about the KT tape coming off after a mile. Well, I did some research and changed up a couple of things, including wiping down my skin with rubbing alcohol, then spraying it with hairspray, and applying the tape Friday night for Saturday's morning run. For the most part, it worked like a charm. About 99% of the tape stayed in place! :cool1: I actually ran about 3.6 with NO BRACE. Don't think I can really get away with that again, but it was encouraging. ::yes::

7/6 - 40 mins run, 20 mins PT
7/7 - 25 mins weights, 35 min elliptical
7/8 - 31 mins elliptical, 5 mins abs

270/1000

And since it sounds like we all need a little lift today...

"I hate it when you open the fridge and can’t find what you were looking for. Like happiness and perfect abs." :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao: :hyper:

Happy Monday everybody! :love: :yay:

Very sweaty 30 min 2.5 miles with lots of walk breaks and a 10 min cool down. That takes me to:

375/1500

July 3 - 30 min easy walk
July 4 - 15 min swim
July 5 - 90 min yoga
July 6 - 50 min run/walk
July 7 - 5 min PT

TOTAL 245/1200

Can I join the party a little late? Didn't make my goal last month but I'm trying again :)
315/900
Gotcha! And you are already orange!

Front page is updated through post 120.

Rose, glad you can walk and got your mile in! Please give yourself lots of TLC.

Sorry it is so hot for everybody. Our weather cooled down a bit; 80 is so much more enjoyable than 95!

Got both my walks in this morning, last night did one quick set of weights and some sit ups. Need to do some serious house cleaning today! Don't think I'll work hard enough to break a sweat, so no minutes there! ;)

ETA--ack! I must have missed this last page. I'm going to go back and update again!

210/1000

Temperature is only 78 today, normally that would be wonderful but the stinking humidity is so high, ugh. It's like breathing water. I didn't turn the A/C on this morning as we're leaving in a bit to go north for a few days, so just had the windows open and fans on while I slogged through my 2-mile 30-minute Walk Away The Pounds. :(

7/6 Sat. - Rock climbing (was there for 3 hours but am going to count one hour as I spent half the time belaying for DS), 1 hr walk
7/7 Sun. - 1 hr. walk
7/8 Mon. - one hour WERQ class, one hour Strong Class

Heading back to rock climb tonight...it's soooo much fun! :yay:

540/2013 :flower:

I'm adding 20 minutes. I wasn't sure I'd count it because it was walking to and from the beach at a slow enough pace so that my 5-year-old could keep up. BUT I was lugging beach gear and we could have driven (but chose not to), so I'm counting it!

395/1500

Ok, all my summer getaways are done and im now in training mode for up coming races. Since im late to the party this month, ill cut my goal minutes.

Put me down for 800

I did 30 minutes of Upper Body this morning.

30/800

Thanks for hosting last month Rose!

An hour yesterday and

An hour at the gym today but only 2 miles :(

PT said not more treadmill work for the next two weeks :(

300/900

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter