It's all part of the plan... More or less! A Dec TR!

After all the waiting I think it is time for an update... after all I think I should at least get you to Disney World before I leave you all hangin'! And then I wonder why I why I lose all my readers from time to time! :lmao:

So when I left off we were just leaving NC. In our already full car I now had to add 2 big garment bags that couldn't be smushed in. We had to lay them gently across things and hope for the best. Just what we needed... more stuff to haul down. :rotfl: We left around 10... with 2 tired kids in PJs. Jon did really well drive. On the way he asked me if I felt like driving or if I would prefer he find a safe place for us to pull off and rest for an hour. I was wide awake and wanted to get there so bad. So we tried and I drive for about an hour. The worst hour for him to drive is that last hour before the sun comes up. I hear its a big problem with a lot of people but when I want to get somewhere it doesn't bother me at all! :rotfl2: So I drive for that hour and he does all the other driving on the way down. The kids were pretty much the same. Gavin slept the whole way and Brenda... well, she didn't sleep so well and was awake every time the car stopped.

I have no idea why it seemed like it was taking forever to get there. With leaving around 10 we never hit the FL boarder till right before 8 AM. Heck, I had planned on being at Disney by then. :rotfl: We got the kiddos out of the car and changed into some real clothes. I knew that the more the were up the better it would be later. At 8 AM the best thing happens! When you drive to FL you come to the Florida Welcome Center... and there you get a glass of Florida Orange Juice! We have always stopped there... ever since I was a kid and we were traveling. It really is just your first taste of Florida. Totally reminds you that everything is great! We took these pictures before jumping back in the car...
DSCF0414.jpg

DSCF0416.jpg

Don't Jon and I look tired?!? LOL We really were wired at this point though. Now that the kids were up though they were getting hungry. We stopped at the first Chick-Fil-A we could find. As a side note, we just got our first Chick-Fil-A here in State College this past fall. We love it! The reason we were looking for a C-F-A though was because they usually have an indoor play area!! The kids were in need of running off some energy. They had been cooped up too long and I really wasn't into chasing them around too much. It really was only a few exits into FL when we spotted the sign. The kids ate and then they played while Jon and I sat at the table right outside the door. We were the only ones in there so it was so nice. We ended up spending probably about an hour and a half there... but the kids really needed it! When they started to wind down a little we jumped back in the car and were off again...

I really don't know how long we were driving but it did seem like FOREVER. Then all the sudden Brenda is in the back seat almost crying!! I am immediately turning around and starting to figure out what is wrong and she tells us that she has to go pee but she didn't want us to stop because she wanted to see Mickey! The GPS had said we had a few exits to go but she couldn't wait... and of course we are in the far lane. Did I also mention that I had taken off the pull up when we put on real clothes? :eek: So we are trying to find out if she can hold it a little or if she is gonna explode! Sometimes she is a drama queen, but not this time. Jon takes the next exit and we find a McDonald's right away. We never notice these signs as we were pulling into McDonald's.
DSCF0419.jpg

DSCF0418.jpg

Once I am coming out of the restaurant with Brenda I spot them.. but Jon has spotted them first. I think GPS was taking us the long way and we were using the back road. So I snag this picture at the red light...
DSCF0420.jpg

I am SO disappointed that I never got that overhead shot of the entrance. I had been meaning to go drive out and get it but I never did... so those will have to do.

Soon after we spotted this sign...
DSCF0422.jpg

We were home!!!! Did I happen to mention how wonderful the weather was this day. It really could have been a nice day to take a swim... but we didn't! :sad2: I thought there would be lots of nice days to take a swim... but there wasn't! :sad2: But hey! Thats ok! We had a great time. Before checking in we snagged these cute shots of the kiddos!

DSCF0434.jpg

DSCF0435.jpg

DSCF0436.jpg

DSCF0437.jpg

We are missing one decade and I have no idea how!
We are finally here! YEA!!!!

So, because I love all my loyal readers so much I will share a secret with you. If you go way back to the pictures outside McD's you'll see the picture at the stop light is not real clear. Well, that is because once I was outside of McDs and I found out where we were I started crying. In fact, that is why I didn't really pop into any of the number pictures with the kids. I was just so completely overwhelmed with where we were that I cried the whole ride in... I cried the whole time Jon took pictures of the kids in those numbers... I cried at check in so much that the poor lady checking us in started to cry!!!!! The poor guy that luggage service, where I had to pick up the double stroller probably thought I was crazy! Our room is ready so I get the stroller and Brenda and I are off to find the boys and see our home away from PA! I finally pull it all together once we are in the room and it hits that I need to pull it all together and start to get ready for the rest of the evening. I know to some I probably looked like a complete idiot but I was just so completely over whelmed that we were at Disney World... with my family. Ok, even now I get a little teared just thinking about it. It really is amazing to me that we got to have the best family vacation ever in Disney World... And truth be known I think Jon was tearing up when we saw those first signs too... but never, never tell him I told you that! ;)

Ok, ending here before I cry some more. Please don't think I am nuts. My family has just been through so much since Gavin was born that this just seemed like a pipe dream till we were there.

PS... that picture of Gavin in the grass that I used in my intro for Gavin is where Brenda and I found Jon and Gavin... just playing in the grass outside.. not a care in the world! :lovestruc

Glad to hear Brenda is feeling better.

I love the idea of the recycle grocery bags...what a great idea to save you room in the car. The trip sounded uneventful. And I'm not surprised you couldn't sleep and wanted to drive that last hour or so...it would bring you closer to your final destination.

Thanks, we tend to share colds and sniffles so much in our house. I just wish this crude would leave and never return. I am just hoping we are all feeling better for Brenda's birthday! Would love for us all to be able to enjoy it... not to mention she is taking her cupcakes and things on Friday since they have off school on Monday. I would hate for her to be sick and miss that day. There is just so much going around.

I promise I won't tell Jon. :)

And you have nothing to worry about it or feel like people thought you were a little nuts. I can guarantee you that you are NOT the first person to cry when checking into Disney and you won't be the last. And if anyone deserves all of this happiness, is you guys! So I hope to see you in some pictures in the next installments. :goodvibes

Well, that is because once I was outside of McDs and I found out where we were I started crying. In fact, that is why I didn't really pop into any of the number pictures with the kids. I was just so completely overwhelmed with where we were that I cried the whole ride in... I cried the whole time Jon took pictures of the kids in those numbers... I cried at check in so much that the poor lady checking us in started to cry!!!!! The poor guy that luggage service, where I had to pick up the double stroller probably thought I was crazy! Our room is ready so I get the stroller and Brenda and I are off to find the boys and see our home away from PA! I finally pull it all together once we are in the room and it hits that I need to pull it all together and start to get ready for the rest of the evening. I know to some I probably looked like a complete idiot but I was just so completely over whelmed that we were at Disney World... with my family. Ok, even now I get a little teared just thinking about it. It really is amazing to me that we got to have the best family vacation ever in Disney World... And truth be known I think Jon was tearing up when we saw those first signs too... but never, never tell him I told you that! ;)

Ok, ending here before I cry some more. Please don't think I am nuts. My family has just been through so much since Gavin was born that this just seemed like a pipe dream till we were there.

Great pictures. Doesn't it always seem to take forever when you are trying to get somewhere you really want to go?

You aren't crazy at all, it was overwhelming after all that saving, planning, hoping, and praying ... you were finally there :hug:. I get it, I really do. I had a breakdown like that when we took my son and his family, I never thought that would happen and when it did, I just lost it. I bet you weren't the first guest to be crying at check in. You are so sweet.

Great Update!!!! I* was 13 the first time I went so I never got to experience that emotion but I'm sure I would have been the same way.

wonderful and touching update, brought a tear to my eye too. Now all of your readers are in tears......of happiness!:rotfl:;) I totally understand being overwhelmed though, you hope and plan and dream and then the moment is finally here! can't wait to read more of your adventures.

I can't believe you barely slept either! i have a hard time sleeping in cars, but for that long of a drive, i would have had to or i would have been a complete monster. :rotfl:

The countdown calendar still had mickey heads on it. I really didn't want the kiddos pestering me those last few days so we counted down the days till we actually got to Disney.

I do the same thing! :laughing: We always have Henry remove the last of the countdown the day we actually leave - not the night before otherwise he probably wouldn't sleep and would be driving me BONKERS!

So, because I love all my loyal readers so much I will share a secret with you. If you go way back to the pictures outside McD's you'll see the picture at the stop light is not real clear. Well, that is because once I was outside of McDs and I found out where we were I started crying. In fact, that is why I didn't really pop into any of the number pictures with the kids. I was just so completely overwhelmed with where we were that I cried the whole ride in... I cried the whole time Jon took pictures of the kids in those numbers... I cried at check in so much that the poor lady checking us in started to cry!!!!! The poor guy that luggage service, where I had to pick up the double stroller probably thought I was crazy! Our room is ready so I get the stroller and Brenda and I are off to find the boys and see our home away from PA! I finally pull it all together once we are in the room and it hits that I need to pull it all together and start to get ready for the rest of the evening. I know to some I probably looked like a complete idiot but I was just so completely over whelmed that we were at Disney World... with my family. Ok, even now I get a little teared just thinking about it. It really is amazing to me that we got to have the best family vacation ever in Disney World... And truth be known I think Jon was tearing up when we saw those first signs too... but never, never tell him I told you that! ;)

PS... that picture of Gavin in the grass that I used in my intro for Gavin is where Brenda and I found Jon and Gavin... just playing in the grass outside.. not a care in the world! :lovestruc

Love this. And don't worry - we ALL GET IT! :goodvibes And many, many, many of us cry at Disney. I cried when I first entered our room at the Boardwalk this past trip and often cry at Wishes and other various things throughout the trip. Many people cry at the first sight of the Castle. It is overwhelming and wonderful!!! :hug:

Great update! Yes I'm crying too, but they're happy tears, happy tears for you and your family! I so get it! We haven't suffered the medical crisis' your family has, but that overwhelming feeling of gratitude I completely understand. I never take our vacations to the World for granted, I am not jaded and I hope I always recognize the blessing of being able to take my family to DW.

Thank you for taking us along!

Dawn

I totally understan the crying thing! I got teared up on the Magical Express when they showed a video of the new ad campaign where they show real families surprising their kids with trips to WDW and DLR. I can imagine how emotional it would be, especially for a first trip!

just ask Nebo about tearing up. the first time we pulled up to CBRm with the boys many years ago, as he pried himself off the seat of the old statin wagon( with wood grain on the sides), he almost fell to his knee, cryihg out "It's beautifull! so beautiful!"
we often tear up at illuminations.

not a big fan of the "surprise" trips, tho. I think a big part of the fun of the trip is the looking forward to it. if someone surprised me with one, I would feel cheated out of the excitement. kids like to look forward to things, too. and help plan, etc.

I promise I won't tell Jon. :)

And you have nothing to worry about it or feel like people thought you were a little nuts. I can guarantee you that you are NOT the first person to cry when checking into Disney and you won't be the last. And if anyone deserves all of this happiness, is you guys! So I hope to see you in some pictures in the next installments. :goodvibes

Jon would probably laugh if he knew I had spilled the beans. He's not one of those macho men. He is an equal mix of tough love and a big old softy... but mostly a softy in Disney! :rotfl:

I am in some upcoming pictures. In the end I just gave up and said oh well! I'll have red eyes till a month after were are home! :rotfl2:

Great pictures. Doesn't it always seem to take forever when you are trying to get somewhere you really want to go?

You aren't crazy at all, it was overwhelming after all that saving, planning, hoping, and praying ... you were finally there :hug:. I get it, I really do. I had a breakdown like that when we took my son and his family, I never thought that would happen and when it did, I just lost it. I bet you weren't the first guest to be crying at check in. You are so sweet.
I try to be a very positive person about things... when I can be. Life does sometimes get me down so in the back of my mind I knew that Gavin could get sick at any minute and we would have to pull the plug on the trip. And to be honest I think part of my honestly believed that was what was going to happen. Then it was just like an emotional burst when things worked out. I was never so glad to be wrong in my life!

Great Update!!!! I* was 13 the first time I went so I never got to experience that emotion but I'm sure I would have been the same way.
I do think there are a lot of people crying... especially parents on their first trips. Its just entirely different to be able to give this amazing trip to your children... as you know!

wonderful and touching update, brought a tear to my eye too. Now all of your readers are in tears......of happiness!:rotfl:;) I totally understand being overwhelmed though, you hope and plan and dream and then the moment is finally here! can't wait to read more of your adventures.

I can't believe you barely slept either! i have a hard time sleeping in cars, but for that long of a drive, i would have had to or i would have been a complete monster. :rotfl:
So glad you all are hear to tear up with me! :rotfl: We have just had a rough few years since Gavin was born. Seems like we are getting hit with one thing after another. I guess I shouldn't really say that as just his being alive is a great thing... even in the beginning though we had no idea he was sick till the night after he was born. Since then it has just been a world wind, and usually the old 2 steps forward and 1 step back. In my mind I was preparing for the very possible fact that we would have to cancel. I always have to be prepared to "jump ship" on any plan I make.

I think the insomnia I have most nights really helped on the drive. Although, I will spill that I was so tired after I slept in the car more on the way to NC and then on the way home.

I totally get the tear stuff. It's just so exciting being there.
It is such an amazing feeling to be there enjoying this moment as a family... ok, I have to stop thinking about that or I will turn into a blubbering idiot!

I do the same thing! :laughing: We always have Henry remove the last of the countdown the day we actually leave - not the night before otherwise he probably wouldn't sleep and would be driving me BONKERS!

Love this. And don't worry - we ALL GET IT! :goodvibes And many, many, many of us cry at Disney. I cried when I first entered our room at the Boardwalk this past trip and often cry at Wishes and other various things throughout the trip. Many people cry at the first sight of the Castle. It is overwhelming and wonderful!!! :hug:

I had to wait till after Church that day to have the last numbers pulled... In fact I think I waited till Jon woke up. I didn't want to be driven crazy the whole day... and didn't think the Children's Church workers deserved it either!

Its so nice to be here with people that understand. I must tell you there are lots of tears coming up too!

Great update! Yes I'm crying too, but they're happy tears, happy tears for you and your family! I so get it! We haven't suffered the medical crisis' your family has, but that overwhelming feeling of gratitude I completely understand. I never take our vacations to the World for granted, I am not jaded and I hope I always recognize the blessing of being able to take my family to DW.

Thank you for taking us along!

Dawn

Perfectly said Dawn! I don't think I could ever take a Disney trip for granted. I hope that I am teaching the kids that these really are special moments that should be savored and not run of the mill everyday events. I think they do get that. Although, for a while, when we told Brenda we were going she thought that is what everyone does. Then she talked to her preschool friends and found out that it doesn't happen that way. She did think we were going home for Christmas and coming right back to Disney. She did understand when we explained that we were going back but it would take us 3 years to save again.

I totally understan the crying thing! I got teared up on the Magical Express when they showed a video of the new ad campaign where they show real families surprising their kids with trips to WDW and DLR. I can imagine how emotional it would be, especially for a first trip!
Oh man! So glad we didn't ride the Magical Express. I would have been hysterical by the time we got there! :rotfl: I'll be anxious to see if I cry at everything when we go back again.

just ask Nebo about tearing up. the first time we pulled up to CBRm with the boys many years ago, as he pried himself off the seat of the old statin wagon( with wood grain on the sides), he almost fell to his knee, cryihg out "It's beautifull! so beautiful!"
we often tear up at illuminations.

not a big fan of the "surprise" trips, tho. I think a big part of the fun of the trip is the looking forward to it. if someone surprised me with one, I would feel cheated out of the excitement. kids like to look forward to things, too. and help plan, etc.

Jon used to have a wood grain "woody" too! :rotfl2: It was about 2 years into our marriage and he had wrecked his car. We decided that instead of going into debt he would buy a cheap car to get back and forth to work and we would use mine as our main car. He bought the woody from a friend of the family that had redone the engine and things. I think he ended up paying like $300 for it! Ran like a champ... but didn't look so good.

I don't think i could ever completely surprise anyone with a Disney trip. The kids loved talking about everything they wanted to see. I just cheated by the 2 days that we would be driving. Since we weren't leaving till that night it would have been impossible for Jon to get the sleep he needed had they known. :rotfl: They were already so over-excited even with 2 days still left on the calendar! :lmao:

I wanted to let you all know that I won't be getting a new segment up till at least after the weekend. I know I have been slow on posting but I am still working on Photopass... Thanks Natalie for helping out in the fixing department! Monday is Brenda's birthday and she is having her Princess/ Knight in Shining Armor party on Sunday so I have been pretty busy getting ready. She is wearing one of the princess dresses that she didn't get to wear in Disney so I will be sure to post some pictures! She just can't decide between Belle and Snow White! I did say I was willing to change her half way through! :lmao: Anyway, I still have a ton of things to do and she ask me to MAKE (not buy) cupcakes for Preschool on Friday. AND she wants to use my NEW MICKEY SPRINKLES on them! Darn, I am so glad I got them... and glad I am buying the cake for her party. :rotfl2:

I can't believe my baby girl is gonna be 5 on Monday... where does the time go?!?! She'll start Kindergarten in the fall. Wow! I'll be so lonely with just me and Gavin! I'll have to play with boy toys all day! :rotfl:

Forgot to ask too... how is everyone doing with the snow? I read today where FL is the only state without snow right now. I told Brenda it is because Mickey eats it all up so that everyone has a great time there! :rotfl: We only got about 6 inches last night. I hate it though cause Jon worked 11-7 last night. Would be ok to not get anymore all winter but we may get more in just a few days. Praying not on Sunday for Brenda's party though!

no rush! enjoy the family and Brenda this weekend! i got the mickey sprinkles too! :goodvibes Hope Brenda has a fabulous birthday!! you must post pics!

We got about 2 inches of snow at my house- i live just north of downtown dallas. This was on Monday and there is still a little on the ground, but not much. We've been hovering in the low 20s all week too. So really cold for us! They got as much as 6 inches of snow just NE of me too! no other precip planned for us soon though at least.

Take your time, Tam. Hope Brenda has a great birthday and can't wait to see her in her Princess dress.

We only got about two inches here; we've been very fortunate this winter (but it is only mid-January). Friends of ours in CT got almost 30 inches in spots. :eek:

When you have time, my PTR has started (guys were pressuring me).

I think I have a picture of DH and the kids under that sign too! LOL It's the "I'm here!!!!" picture!

We stopped at the first Chick-Fil-A we could find. As a side note, we just got our first Chick-Fil-A here in State College this past fall. We love it!

I LOVE Chick-Fil-A!!! I hate the fact that they're closed on Sundays and that's probably why we don't have one in NY, LOL! Can you just picture a bunch of angry NY'ers banging on the doors trying to get a chicken biscuit on a Sunday? :lmao: It was on my list this trip and we missed out on it! Oh well. In June I'll make sure we get there on a Saturday!

Well, that is because once I was outside of McDs and I found out where we were I started crying.

I always get my happy tears on when I see the signs!!

I didn't cry when we went through the "gates", but I misted up (just a little:cool2:) when Kadence saw the castle for the first time, and when I see the picture I took of her in front of it all by herself, just like it was hers, not another person in sight.

Carey

Hi Tammy, my name is Ty. I love reading about peoples first trip to the world especially with little ones.

Your little Brenda sounds like such a peach, what a sweet girl, and Gavin, Bless his heart, what a cute little miracle boy. I can't wait to read about their adventure at Disney.

I was at Pop Century the same time as you. December 2nd -10th. All of my trips I have stayed at Pop Cenury, I am looking forward to reading your thoughts on Pop.

Tell Brenda Happy Birthday. They do grow up so fast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!